Author Topic: Humans Natural/Optimal Habitat  (Read 94215 times)

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Humans Natural/Optimal Habitat
« on: November 29, 2013, 12:03:48 pm »
Inger, I read the post Jessica referred me to.
It is great that you have found the diet and lifestyle that is good for you.

I have one question: What is the reason you want to keep your sleeping environment cold and to take cold bath?

I grew up in an Asian culture. The three-thousand-year-old medicinal system recommends warm diet and warm environment.
I think it is agreed that mankind originated in tropical areas of the earth. So it seems mankind is more suited to warm environment.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Humans Natural/Optimal Habitat
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 06:35:26 pm »

I grew up in an Asian culture. The three-thousand-year-old medicinal system recommends warm diet and warm environment.
I think it is agreed that mankind originated in tropical areas of the earth. So it seems mankind is more suited to warm environment.
Err, Asians,  that is "Orientals", appear to have evolved in a cold climate and are therefore more adapted to the cold. Some think that Caucasians are also adapted to cold climates.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 08:46:20 pm »
If they (we) were well adapted, shouldn't they (we) remain naked and barefoot outside or inside unheated houses the whole year?   ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 12:24:38 am »
If they (we) were well adapted, shouldn't they (we) remain naked and barefoot outside or inside unheated houses the whole year?   ;)
Well, given my own experiences, I am sure that if I had been outdoors naked all year round from birth that I would have swiftly adapted to the cold.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 08:00:41 am »
My point is that Inger intentionally plunges into cold environment like it is beneficial for health.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 09:27:56 am »
The wise man Lex Rooker explained that exposing oneself to both heat and cold, for the widest natural range of temperatures, most tests the body, and produces the greatest hormetic benefit, and that's what I've found in my experience. It's not cold vs. hot, it's both, and I've come to love both.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 05:01:31 pm »
Inger, I read the post Jessica referred me to.
It is great that you have found the diet and lifestyle that is good for you.

I have one question: What is the reason you want to keep your sleeping environment cold and to take cold bath?

The illnesses we have today and the man made environment we are surrounded by is very different than for 3000 years ago Joy. Back then they faced cold every so often. We do not anymore. We have heated houses, cars, clothes way different than back then. We live in a unnaturally heated environment, that is the truth. You need to see how we live NOW, then you will know why we might need a different approach than the healing protocol was 3000 years back.

Absolute. That would be the optimal thing to do for health Francois!   :-*
I learned in High School about "wolf kids". Children left out in the wild, growing up with animals. Totally naked... even in the German winter! They had fully adapted.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 06:18:28 am »
Thanks to all  for replies.
I need to think of some uncomfortably cold or hot environments I might comfortably expose myself to. :)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 03:48:49 pm »
Absolute. That would be the optimal thing to do for health Francois!   :-*
I learned in High School about "wolf kids". Children left out in the wild, growing up with animals. Totally naked... even in the German winter! They had fully adapte
I had in mind that the Fuegians http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuegians lived naked in the cold southern tip of South America. But I checked and saw that they wore some clothing, although minimal. Inuit’s never lived naked either. They all used fire. Wolves have a thick fur but some other animals, even those  that also have  fur, cannot survive long in a freezing environment.

Animals, humans included, certainly have a broad tolerance range to temperature. We can survive a while to 50° C in deserts or to freezing winter colds. Getting used to it since birth surely helps but there are of course limits and being able to live in an extreme climate doesn’t mean it’s optimal! We are also able to live with a mostly cooked diet…  ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:51:46 pm by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 07:12:09 pm »
Francois I am not telling we need to live naked i the snow...lol I just say we need to feel the changes of the season. It is enough to be outside and have a little less clothing, having it cooler inside than most (I do 15 degree C in winter) and get lots of benefit. It is about being in touch with the nature... and not over heat. In Finland and Russia it is known since forever ice dips are healing, so about 2 % (Finland - in Russia it might be way more) of the population do them

I am sure you can get lots of CT where you live, swimming in the ocean and not heat too much in winter  :)

It is actually very uncomplicated  ;)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 08:22:53 pm »
That sounds more reasonable.

15° C may suit you fine with your current state of health and level of physical activities you have, but it can't be generalized to everyone at all the times. Everybody is different, and we change over time.  ;)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 10:37:25 pm »
When I was eating fruits all year round I was so cold all the time in winter.. grrr....   ;) and underweight too... had 25 degree C in my home and bundled up
now I know why  ;)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 01:49:52 am »
The last 5 winters I had 13° C in my house in the morning and I didn't feel cold, even though I've been eating fruits as well. 

For me, if I'm the whole day inside in winter, I feel cold, whatever the temperature in the house. But if I work outside most of the day, I don't feel cold.

You see, everyone is different.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 04:10:32 pm »
Because you live way south..... and you see, outside you do not feel cold when you move around. It is not that we are that different, it is when we do unnatural things, then we get to suffer.

Natures rules are always the same. That is why it becomes dangerous to give advice to eat fruit all year round because we live in different places and someone living far north might get seriously ill eating fruits out of season for a longer duration. Someone working in front of the computer, living in a city... might need a different diet too limiting sugar, even if the person lives in a warm and sunny country. Because surrounded with EMF to an unhealthy degree.

So if a person that lives on the countryside (surrounded by trees and nature - doing fine with a carb loaded diet) gives advice to someone living in the city to do the same... it might be a bad idea.... the sweet tooth is so strong for most, if they have sweet delicious fruits in front of them they cannot resist. That is how it was for me at least... and for many I know about too. clinging to their fruits even if snow outside.... and giving advice to others to do the same and tell how dangerous ketotic diets are (eating only animals foods

Nature rules. Not our dogmas or culture

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 04:44:14 pm by Inger »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 03:13:18 am »
Quote from: Inger
Because you live way south..... and you see, outside you do not feel cold when you move around.

No, sorry Inger. I live in Algarve since June only! Before that I spent 5 years in SW France where it froze sometimes down to minus 8° C. I previously lived most of my life in Switzerland by 46°30'N where temperatures could go down to minus 15° C.

clinging to their fruits even if snow outside.... and giving advice to others to do the same and tell how dangerous ketotic diets are (eating only animals foods

Excuse me, but who gives advice to others to eat fruits? Who tells "how dangerous ketogenic diets are"?

I only say that I prefer not to know what “ketogenic diet” means because I have a raw nutrition as close as possible as paleo and I guess our pre-fire ancestors had no way to know about such diets as “ketogenic”. Thus they couldn’t restrict their foods to animals only and must have necessarily eaten plant foods as well… BTW, my everyday experiences tell me it’s much easier to catch a plant (fruit, nut, root or whatever) than an animal (shellfish excepted) because a plant doesn’t run away when you try to catch it, eh!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 04:48:41 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 04:52:48 am »
Err, well there was an Ice-Age where people had trouble in europe finding raw plant food sources at times... Otherwise you do have a point.....
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 05:56:48 am »
Yes, ok, but this ice-age was limited in space and time...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 06:15:32 am »
Except that the last Ice Age lasted c. 100,000 years or so.....
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 06:55:14 am »
A very short period compared to the 6 or 7 millions years since we diverged from the chimps, I think. Also short relatively to the 350'000 years or so we've been mastering the fire. I guess a very small percentile of our ancestors endured these ice-ages in Europe, isn't it?   

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 10:27:03 am »
Hard to ever know if either of you two spent a year or more eating the other's way just what each might discover??     But what a diet experiment that would be.  And just think how much each would have to clear out of his and her mind of all the many ideas and memories and believes each has accumulated to give such a test a real fair chance, not to mention each needing to move to the other's location for that year of guided experimental eating.  Iguana could go first,,   holding up a fig and saying 'now smell this one', and so on,,   (didn't mean to suggest he would not have also at some point held up some sort of aged animal from his new refrigerator  to smell)….   And then the following year, both would get in the car and head up North to Inger's house, or is it her sister's now, I get confused,, in Norway?  Wow what a country that is!   Where Iguana would learn about and drink fish head smoothies,  amongst other delicacies, and most importantly Inger would gently  coach him to trust that his energy would return (after giving up sugars from fruits as his main energy source) after his body keto adapted, ( I know I spent a very long weekend on the coach the first few days of my conversion ).   And I can think of no one I'd rather have as a coach than Inger.  How special would that be!
   And I'm sure if this whole two year experiment was documented, you know, like one of those reality tv shows,  well,  at least some amount of people would want to find out what happened.  I know I'd be watching.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 01:08:54 pm »
In Finland and Russia it is known since forever ice dips are healing, so about 2 % (Finland - in Russia it might be way more) of the population do them

Inger, does "ice dip"  mean one dips oneself into very cold water? How long do you stay in the cold water?

Do you think "partial ice dip" will do any good? For instance, dipping one's face/hands/arms into very cold water?

What kind of healing will  ice dip accomplish?

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 03:21:10 pm »
I only say that I prefer not to know what “ketogenic diet” means because I have a raw nutrition as close as possible as paleo and I guess our pre-fire ancestors had no way to know about such diets as “ketogenic”. Thus they couldn’t restrict their foods to animals only and must have necessarily eaten plant foods as well… BTW, my everyday experiences tell me it’s much easier to catch a plant (fruit, nut, root or whatever) than an animal (shellfish excepted) because a plant doesn’t run away when you try to catch it, eh!  ;)

Francois come here and show me how easy it will be to catch a plant... everything is hard and frozen and ice cold......  >D

Hard to ever know if either of you two spent a year or more eating the other's way just what each might discover??     But what a diet experiment that would be.  And just think how much each would have to clear out of his and her mind of all the many ideas and memories and believes each has accumulated to give such a test a real fair chance, not to mention each needing to move to the other's location for that year of guided experimental eating.  Iguana could go first,,   holding up a fig and saying 'now smell this one', and so on,,   (didn't mean to suggest he would not have also at some point held up some sort of aged animal from his new refrigerator  to smell)….   And then the following year, both would get in the car and head up North to Inger's house, or is it her sister's now, I get confused,, in Norway?  Wow what a country that is!   Where Iguana would learn about and drink fish head smoothies,  amongst other delicacies, and most importantly Inger would gently  coach him to trust that his energy would return (after giving up sugars from fruits as his main energy source) after his body keto adapted, ( I know I spent a very long weekend on the coach the first few days of my conversion ).   And I can think of no one I'd rather have as a coach than Inger.  How special would that be!
   And I'm sure if this whole two year experiment was documented, you know, like one of those reality tv shows,  well,  at least some amount of people would want to find out what happened.  I know I'd be watching.

hahaha.... priceless...!!! I would love Francois to visit me.... and I would love to visit his paradise too and have fresh ripe figs held by his hand up to my nose...  ;D
And yeah... we could make a movie out of it, I am all in  ;D

@ Joy, to dip means I submerge myself naked up to my neck or also shortly keeping my head under water (diving) in the river. I do only shortly, 1-2 minutes. I have done up to 7 minutes in 0,2 degree C though, but I usually keep it short.

Any cold will do you good, even if just for seconds, and even if showering only arms and feet's or dipping your face. I dip my face in ice water every morning 4 times. Love how refreshing it is!
Healing... so many things! It strengthens your immune system, lowers inflammation (the most important one), increases blood flow and circulation... etc

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 03:14:25 am »
Thanks, Inger.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 07:20:42 am »
Inger, has DiagnOptics had any studies done to see how much AGE's are in various diets?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 12:26:21 pm »
Francois come here and show me how easy it will be to catch a plant... everything is hard and frozen and ice cold......

I found this hilarious! LOL!

I live in a tropical country, never thought of this.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk