Author Topic: Wolf's Journal  (Read 47787 times)

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf's Journal
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2010, 05:21:59 am »
I thought the proteins in eggs are very delicate, and blending could ruin them?  Just what I heard though, I'm not sure. ..

Blending cant possibly ruin them more than cooking and they are supposed to break down in your stomach anyway.

I used honey or lemon more for the taste, sometimes as little as a teaspoon of each.

Offline PrimalLadyRosy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Primal Diet Friends
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2010, 11:47:03 pm »
I'm also going to start cooking my egg whites.  I can't afford to just keep wasting them anymore.  I'll still eat the yolks raw, but I'm going to cook the whites at least just enough to barely solidify them (but still runny) and make them not quite so slimy anymore and able for me to eat them.  I'm hoping I can try to work myself up to eating whole eggs raw, though.  I know at least I HAVE been getting better control over my gag reflexes, so I might soon be able to eat my eggs completely raw, and that will help give me more food.  I don't really want to mix any cooked foods into this, but it will be the only thing I cook and it's only going to be very lightly cooked.

You can also use the egg whites externally to freshen and feed your eyes, as a hair health and beauty aid and a mouth gargle.  It takes things out from between the teeth better than most mouthwashes do.  That might make your cosmetics bill lower.

Cooked egg whites can leave you more susceptible to salmonella, allergic reaction and autoimmune diseases.  If you feel safest eating cooked egg whites, do what you are feel best with.  I know raw they can be difficult to get used to by the senses.  It may be the wrong time for you to start.  Are you experiencing related health problems?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:54:35 pm by PrimalLadyRosy »
I am the creator of the primal diet friends social networking site, thanks to Jim and Barbara Ellingson's suggestion.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2010, 05:15:23 am »
I'd be hungrier eating fruit than if I fasted. But if it doesn't affect you and you like it, keep on. I have no desire for fruit. I get plenty of water and tea for hydration.

I find carb eaters to be puffy and sick looking in general, even if thin/lean-ish. And I find it very unattractive now. I understand WHY you felt bad about the money being spent. But it is like a parent  telling a kid to clean his plate because of starving kids in Africa.  :) Overeating is not going  to help Africans, while eating crap is not going to make up for the money spent.

Well, I don't really know if fruit makes me hungrier, it doesn't seem to though.  And I hate tea. 
And I don't think I ever looked puffy, I was always ever called bony or anorexic looking.
And I didn't eat the fast food, I just felt bad. 
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2010, 05:21:24 am »
Blending cant possibly ruin them more than cooking and they are supposed to break down in your stomach anyway.

I used honey or lemon more for the taste, sometimes as little as a teaspoon of each.

Well yeah, but I don't want to ruin the yolks at all, I swallow those whole completely raw and plain.  Cooking the whites yesterday, I only half-cooked them I guess.. it was weird, because I held them over a very low flame and slowly stirred them the entire time, and only half of it solidified into little tiny clumps, while there was still a very watery liquid that wouldn't quite solidify.. I tried eating it like that, but it wasn't very good tasting.  I'm thinking maybe I'll just try to eat the whole damn egg raw.. I just don't want to end up gagging on the slimy part.   -v
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2010, 05:31:49 am »
You can also use the egg whites externally to freshen and feed your eyes, as a hair health and beauty aid and a mouth gargle.  It takes things out from between the teeth better than most mouthwashes do.  That might make your cosmetics bill lower.

Cooked egg whites can leave you more susceptible to salmonella, allergic reaction and autoimmune diseases.  If you feel safest eating cooked egg whites, do what you are feel best with.  I know raw they can be difficult to get used to by the senses.  It may be the wrong time for you to start.  Are you experiencing related health problems?

How do I use egg whites on my eyes?  Like eyedrops?!?!  I never really need eyedrops or anything, plus I wear contacts and I don't know if mixing egg onto those is a good idea.  I also don't brush my teeth/gargle at all, when I eat raw I don't need to. 

How does cooking just the whites leave me susceptible to so many things?  I don't want to cook them for safety issues, just for texture.  I just don't like the slimy texture of the egg whites.  Egg yolks are a perfect texture and taste delicious when raw.  And I have no sort of health problems when eating raw or cooked or even completely SAD, other than bad acne.

What I need to do is just get over myself disliking slimy things and eat it anyways.  I might be able to now, I was pretty well able to choke down some slightly highed meat, despite how much I gagged on it.  That was more on taste than texture though, where with eggs it's just the texture, taste doesn't bother me.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2010, 06:35:58 am »
Yesterday I ended up running late and was unable to check any places for fat trimmings or anything.  But today I should have enough time to check, as well as buy some liver to try, and also buy a bunch of meat.  Hm, I actually was going to go to trader joe's and buy like 3 lbs of the grass-fed ground beef, but trader joe's is more on my way to school, and I'm going to work.  Forgot the fresh and easy near my work has the corn fed beef, so I'm going to buy that instead.  I'll get more meat for less money that way, even though it isn't grass-fed..
Had to spend more of my money on school supplies though, so this really sucks.  Good news though, my credit card limit increased by $300 so that really helps.  I feel like I have no time for anything though.  I don't like having such a busy schedule.  I should go now so I can leave in time to ask around for fat, get my liver to try, and buy and eat some meat before work.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2010, 05:23:21 pm »
Well, I can get as much fat trimmings from the Ralph's in-store "butcher" as I want for free, but it's grain-fed non-organic fat.  Still tastes good though, I got a whole bunch of it.  I wish I could find good grass-fed fat, though, this grain-fed fat can't really be that good for me.  But at least I've got an okay source of fat now, and I haven't had any dairy!  This will be much cheaper.  Bought some corn-fed beef, too, though it cost me about $6 for about 1.2 pounds, whereas grass-fed ground beef is about $6 for one pound, not much difference.. I still think the grass-fed tastes better though.  But that damn grass-fed steak is like $1 per ounce!  Forgot to get the liver though.  Gotta get that tomorrow.  I'm also a bit concerned, I've been using caloriecount.com to keep track of how much calories I've been eating, not that I'm trying to eat any certain amount, I'm just interested to see what the daily count is.. and it keeps telling me my potassium is too low.  I don't know if that's super important or anything, or where I can get any good sources of potassium from animal sources.. I also think potassium is in balance with sodium or something?  I know my sodium intake is very low as well, since I don't add salt to anything, so does a low sodium intake make a low potassium intake okay?  I don't really know how that works.  I think I'm going to use nutritiondata.com to see a better all-around intake of nutrition, because caloriecount.com is pretty limited in the nutrients they show you intaking. 

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2010, 03:44:40 am »
stew meat is often cheaper than steaks and has more added fat. if you don't see it in the case, they will usually cut it for you from the cheapest grass fed cut they are selling which may be in the back room.
i'm not sure the grain fed is going to do you any favors in the long run. what we eat BECOMES us.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2010, 07:18:44 am »
Well for the corn-fed, I buy "beef strips for stir-fry," I think it's the cheapest meat, and the easiest to eat since it's already chopped up for me, lol. 
And the fat is just plain commercial grain-fed, but that's the ONLY kind of fat I have been able to find at all.  Even the marrow is commercial grain-fed.  As well as liver.  I'm barely even able to find grass-fed meats, let alone fat or liver or other parts.  The only grass fed meats I've found are already pre-packaged, they don't come from an in-store "butcher" like the grain-fed does, and I think they're all even imported from different countries.. so I can't ask for odd ends and such.  So, it's either grain-fed fat, or go pack to eating pizza?  When I have class again though and I can stop by the trader joe's, I'm going to ask them if they at least have organic liver or organic fat trimmings that I could get, which would be better than the commercial stuff I get, even if they're still grain-fed.  But since they don't have an in-store butcher or anything, I doubt they will have anything.. I can try though, and at least hope for the organic liver.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2010, 08:00:17 am »
Eating that stuff should be better than pizza.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2010, 06:03:58 am »
Well, to warm up the fat I put it in a glass jar and set it outside in the sun.  Tastes pretty good.  But a little while after I ate some of it, it felt kind of weird in my stomach.  I don't know why, but it made me want to just lay down and not do anything though, until the feeling in my stomach went away.  I couldn't though, because I was at work, but then after a little while the feeling went away anyways.  It made me not want to eat anymore fat either though, and the corn fed beef isn't really as appetizing anymore after a day and it's gotten all brown.  Dunno if I'll be able to eat the rest of it, though I guess I'll try. 

I don't think cooking the egg whites is going to work either though.  For some reason they have a weird taste that I don't like, almost soapy.  Maybe I can go back to eating just the yolks though, since I have a bunch of fat now?  I wish the whites weren't so slimy, I hate wasting stuff, and I want to eat them.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2010, 06:26:53 am »
I can't believe I just dropped my egg yolk down the sink.  I hate when I do that!!   :'(

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2010, 08:06:59 pm »
I think I'm going to stick with the grass-fed ground beef.  these corn-fed beef strips suck.

also my acne doesn't seem to be going away much anymore.  I'm still getting it, and the blemishes still aren't healing.  I don't know why I still keep getting so much acne even while I'm eating raw.  I hate it.  I stopped the dairy, so that can't be the cause.  I stopped fruit before, and still got acne, so that wasn't the cause.  What is it?!?!  Does my meat cause it?!?!  Should I stop eating meat and try only dairy and fruit?!?  Should I become a raw vegan and whither away and see if that works?!?!  I don't get it.  What is wrong with my stupid face?!  I hate my skin!  >\

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2010, 08:48:31 pm »
I think I'm going to stick with the grass-fed ground beef.  these corn-fed beef strips suck.

also my acne doesn't seem to be going away much anymore.  I'm still getting it, and the blemishes still aren't healing.  I don't know why I still keep getting so much acne even while I'm eating raw.  I hate it.  I stopped the dairy, so that can't be the cause.  I stopped fruit before, and still got acne, so that wasn't the cause.  What is it?!?!  Does my meat cause it?!?!  Should I stop eating meat and try only dairy and fruit?!?  Should I become a raw vegan and whither away and see if that works?!?!  I don't get it.  What is wrong with my stupid face?!  I hate my skin!  >\

Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day. Some benefits of a healthy diet are immediate, but others take much longer. The "Wai Diet" (fruit eggs and fish -- www.waisays.com) claims to cure acne in a very short time, so you can try that if you want.

You might learn some interesting things about acne from that website. If I recall correctly, some of their tips for curing acne are:
-- if you cheat, eat low-protein food. Cooked/processed protein, and even frozen protein, can make acne worse.
-- too much protein, even if raw, can make acne worse.

I came to Raw Paleo via this "Wai Diet", and found that in the long term, and especially in the winter, I do better on more meat and less fruit.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2010, 06:16:20 am »
well poop, I wish I could have known this wai diet right after buying a WHOLE BUNCH OF FRUIT.. now most of my fruit is gone though and isn't gonna last me for two weeks.  Also I don't know if I like fish, I've never really eaten it before because I hate the fishy smell, and I definately don't want to taste it.  Though, I have been taking cod liver oil, and this fishy taste it has isn't quite that bad, though I don't like it.  Also I have no idea if I can find fish that's never been frozen before.

I wonder if this is also a diet that my dad would be okay with, though I don't know how he'd be with letting me eat raw egg yolks and raw fish, but at least it's more common to eat raw egg yolks and sushi is raw fish eaten all the time, and I might be able to convince him to let me eat this wai diet at least, even if he won't let me eat raw beef.  If I show him that this diet is supposed to cure acne.  Hm.

Thank you for showing me this, though, maybe next time we go shopping and I can get a huge supply of fruit again, I can try it.  I know I can find fresh fish from Alaska at my fresh and easy store, but I have no idea if it's ever been frozen or not.  The only meats they have that say never frozen is the chicken I think.  But I can look for fish that says it too.  Maybe I'll leave early today and check..

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2010, 08:48:53 am »
Well, it seems I CAN survive on a diet of only eggs and fruit, seeing how yesterday all I ate was two egg yolks and a bunch of fruit.  Though, I was kind of tired and felt just a little on the weak side, at least compared to when I have plenty of meat to eat, but I was still able to function well at work, so it wasn't that bad.  I also haven't eaten at all yet today, and it's almost 6pm, though I did sleep until like 3pm lol.. but at least I don't have work or school today so it's okay.  I'm getting a little hungry though, but I seem to be almost able to fast for today.  But I don't want to fast again, I have to wake up early for work tomorrow, or earlier than usual.. so I don't want to end up sleeping in, or being too tired or weak.  So I will eat soon.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2010, 03:59:05 am »
Well, I'm completely out of fruit now.  Still have a bunch of eggs left though, I've only been eating at most two a day.
But I now have a game plan.  And I'm going to stick only to the grass-fed ground beef, I didn't even ever finish the corn fed stuff and had a loss of appetite because of it.  However, they do have fresh wild-caught never-frozen fish at the Fresh&Easy, so I now know that is an available option, if/when I have the money.

But here's my plan: 

Today, I'm going to stop by Ralph's and get me some more fat trimmings(commercial grain-fed).  The store is only about 5 minutes away from my house, so I could probably stop by almost everyday to get fresh fat trimmings for free.  Key word on this is "free."  I'm also going to see if they can weigh it, and then I'll ask for more precise measurements of fat, so I can better keep track of how much I'm eating.  I think I'll start out asking for a half pound(8 ounces, right?), if I can, and see how well that fills/lasts me(thinking about 2 days so possibly 4 oz a day), and then go from there on whether I need more or less.

After that, on my way to class (since it is close to my school/in the same direction) I am going to stop by Trader Joe's and pick up 3 lbs of their grass-fed 85/15 ground beef.  They're about $6 each pound, so this should cost me about $18-$20.  I'm going to eat only half a pound a day, so 3 pounds will last me 6 days, precisely until Monday, which is the next time I have class and can stop by Trader Joe's again.  I'm going to stick with buying only 3 pounds at a time, each time I go to Trader Joe's.  I will try not to eat more than half a pound a day.  If I get hungry, I will eat fat instead.  But three pounds will only last me 6 days, and I'm only going to buy it once a week, on Mondays.  The 7th day, when I run out of meat, which will be Sundays, I will try to eat only 2 egg yolks and fat, maybe fruit if we have any.  If I get hungry, I will eat only the fat trimmings.  They are free, so I can eat as much of them as I want.  However, I don't know how good it will be for me to eat one day a week almost pure fat, with no muscle meat at all.  If anyone knows any reasons I should not do this, please tell me why, otherwise I'm going to see how this goes for me.  I could possibly tweak my plan so that I can get my half pound of meat per day, everyday, but for now I'm going to try one day a week without to save on costs, to see how that goes first, and if it doesn't work, then I will tweak it to get a half pound of meat everyday.  This will also keep my protein intake low.  After having read about the Wai diet's approach to curing acne with low protein, I'm going to see if this higher fat and lower protein will help with my acne.  I am also trying to build muscle, so I'm going to be working out everyday, to also help with using up any excess protein.  one day a week without muscle meat will also keep my protein intake low.  However, it will still be a couple weeks before I have to go one day without meat.
This will put me at spending about $2.5 - $3 a day on food, though, with the one day a week without meat.
While still at Trader Joe's, I will ask about both liver (preferably organic grass-fed, but just organic will still be fine, since the only other liver I have been able to find is commercial grain-fed) and fat trimmings.  Organic fat trimmings will still be better than commercial fat trimmings, even if it's still grain-fed.  I am hopeful about the liver but doubtful about the fat trimmings.  If they have liver, I will buy some and try to add an ounce of liver to my daily diet.  However, I have never eaten liver before whether raw or cooked, so I have no idea if I will even like it or not.  Hopefully I do like liver, but we shall see.

If Trader Joe's does not have liver, I am going to inquire once again to Goodwin's Organics about the frozen organic grass-fed liver, since they never got back to me about it.  Those came in packages of 8 ounces for about $5 each I was told, if I can order them, so I could easily buy that once a week and eat a little over an ounce a day.  (about 1.14 ounces, if I cut up an 8oz liver into 7 pieces.)
That would add only about 75 cents per day, to put me at spending $3.25 - $3.75 a day.

If neither place has liver available to me, then I will as last resort buy the commercial grain-fed liver to try.

But, if this works out ideally, I'm looking at eating about 8oz of ground beef(85/15 organic grass-fed), ??oz of fat trimmings(commercial grain-fed), 2 chicken eggs yolks(organic free-range), and 1-1.14oz of liver(organic grass-fed) per day, minus the ground beef one day a week.. and being pretty stable with it, other than perhaps with the amount of fat trimmings I eat.  The fat trimmings will be the only thing I eat based only on how hungry I am, everything else will be portioned and eaten only that portion per day.  Fruit may be added occasionally when my dad buys it.

I think I shall have two meals a day, with the egg yolks eaten for "breakfast," or basically as the first meal I eat whenever I become hungry after waking up, sometime before work/school.  Then later in the afternoon/evening either during or after work/school, I will eat a meal of beef/liver/fat, which seems like it would be fine to eat all together/immediately after each other, since it would normally be eaten together.  But liver shall be eaten first. (If I can stand eating it and including it in my diet everyday.)  Then probably either beef, or beef and fat together.  Fat will be eaten in portions according to how hungry I am, as well as.. as "snacks" throughout the day if I become hungry otherwise, outside of my two set meals.

So yeah, I think it's a good plan.  And I should actually leave now so I have plenty of time to stop by the stores and buy my food and inquire about stuff.  Can't be late to class or I will be kicked.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2010, 01:07:41 pm »
Well, Trader Joe's has no liver, so Goodwin's is my last hope of grass-fed/organic liver, otherwise I guess I'm going to have to try the commercial grain-fed.

Also started over completely raw starting today, following my above gameplan minus the liver for now.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2010, 10:07:57 pm »
Okay, liver is gross.  >>;  it has a really strong taste that I don't like.  texture is fine, though.  but this is commercial grain-fed liver, and I'm still wondering if organic and/or grass-fed tastes any better.  if I can get a hold of grass-fed I will still try.  but I haven't been eating the liver I bought.  I might try chopping it up and mixing it into some of my grass-fed ground beef though, to cover the taste a bit and make it easier to eat.. I want the nutrients from it.  I don't think I'm getting enough nutrients strictly from eating eggs, ground beef, and grain-fed fat.  Though I seem to feel fine though.  But I'm probably deficient in something.  Not that I wasn't deficient on probably a lot of things when eating SAD though, hm.

I'm thinking if I lived on my own, in a place with a yard, I would raise chickens and rabbits.. so I could have fresh homegrown eggs and meat everyday.  And I would have the entire carcass of the rabbit to eat, all the organs, meat, blood, fat, and bones.  And rabbits multiply like crazy, so I could just let them run free and multiply on their own, so I would have plenty to eat.  They seem pretty easy to raise, and that way I can control their diet as well.  But I wonder if I like rabbit meat.  I could also eat chicken sometimes, too.

My teacher in my health science class is trying to tell the class that meat takes four days to digest.  He also tells them that it will build up in your intestines as gunk, to the point that you will need surgery to cut out the parts that are too clogged up with gunk.  He also told us that John Wayne was found to have 50 pounds of rotten meat in his intestines, when they autopsied him.  Snopes denies this fact as true.  I really don't know what to think of this because the class seems to believe him except for me.  I also stated in class about the study I read with the man with a gunshot wound in his stomach, which showed cooked meat to digest in 3 - 4 hours and raw meat to digest within 1 - 2, and the teacher basically just said "our research is different."  What kind of answer is that?

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2010, 10:49:47 pm »
I used to have a white tongue, my entire life my tongue has been white and fuzzy, brushing my teeth more or brushing my tongue did nothing to get rid of it, scraping did nothing, changes in diet had never done anything to alter it, no matter what I did my tongue stayed the same white and fuzzy.  Right now I just went to the bathroom and scraped off and scrubbed my tongue, and for the first time in my life I now have a pink tongue.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2010, 02:46:41 am »
My teacher in my health science class is trying to tell the class that meat takes four days to digest.  He also tells them that it will build up in your intestines as gunk, to the point that you will need surgery to cut out the parts that are too clogged up with gunk.  He also told us that John Wayne was found to have 50 pounds of rotten meat in his intestines, when they autopsied him.  Snopes denies this fact as true.  I really don't know what to think of this because the class seems to believe him except for me.  I also stated in class about the study I read with the man with a gunshot wound in his stomach, which showed cooked meat to digest in 3 - 4 hours and raw meat to digest within 1 - 2, and the teacher basically just said "our research is different."  What kind of answer is that?
What a lousy teacher. And teaching science no less.  l)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2010, 06:13:07 pm »
What a lousy teacher. And teaching science no less.  l)

Yeah, that's pretty bad.  However, I did post on the teacher's forum giving evidence that John Wayne was not found to have 40 lbs of meat in his stomach, the info from snopes, as well as some info and sources to the experiments done by Beaumont on the gunshot wound victim that shows that meat fully digests within hours, rather than days.  I had a few people post back thanking me for the info and research, so I am glad to have at least convinced a few people that he is wrong.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2010, 02:58:32 am »
Okay so, the other night I pretty much swallowed an entire slice of pizza whole, trying to impress a guy (stupid, I know, but the heart is foolish..) so I stuffed this whole piece of pizza into my mouth in pretty much two bites it was gone, with barely any chewing, maybe about 5 - 10 chews at most.. also ate some pineapple and mango both before and after eating it, pretty bad.  and yeeeah, I felt fine that night and even the next morning, but that next day I started getting a bad stomach ache and diarrhea.. and now I've had diarrhea for 3 days in a row now, with some rather bad stomach pains.  I mean, I thought at first it was just the pizza, because I had a stomach ache the next day, but it felt better when I drank some water, and then even better after I went to the bathroom, and I felt fine that first night.  But then the next day I got it again.  Yesterday I didn't eat at all, only drank water, hoping that would help, but then now today I still have to stomach pains and diarrhea.  But like, I only get the stomach pains right before I have to go to the bathroom, once I go I feel pretty okay for a while until I have to go again, which has been rather frequent.  If I eat, it seems to get worse, and now even if I drink water it seems to cause some pain.  But there doesn't seem to be any blood or anything.  I'm wondering if maybe I got some bad salmonella or something though, but I don't see how, because I'm pretty sure I didn't eat any raw eggs or meat for more than 24 hours before I got sick.  I thought maybe there was some bad salmonella in the eggs I ate that morning, and that I was fine until I ate the pizza which accelerated the growth of the salmonella, but there had to have been at least 6 hours inbetween when I ate the eggs and when I ate the pizza, if not more, so I don't see how that could have worked.  My dad also ate from the same pizza, and he's perfectly fine.  I don't know, but I'm afraid to eat anything until this goes away, even a bit afraid to drink my water.  I don't know what to do to make it go away, I don't even know what it is.. I've never had anything like this happen to me before.

Offline Rob

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2010, 10:42:45 am »
How often do you eat grains. This was what it was like for me when I would eat a grain product after being grain free for a while. It took a few of these experiences (and they worsened each time for mew) before I was totally 100% grain free.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2010, 06:33:09 pm »
Well, I was eating some grain every once in a while before that without any problems at all.  Even the very day before i swallowed the one slice whole, I ate some slices from the same pizza (my dad had bought it for us) so I'm not sure if it really could have been the pizza.  I have no idea why this is happening.

I bought some raw milk, raw butter, and raw cheese, hoping the raw dairy will act as a probiotic to help with the diarrhea.  I didn't get sick after eating the milk, butter, and cheese while I was at work, but after I got home I had stomach pains and diarrhea again, as well as just a little while ago after I woke up.  But it actually had seemed to make me feel better at first.. or maybe it was just because I finally ate?
Well, there was a little milk leftover from the jug I bought, so I was going to let that sit at room temperature to sour up a bit and hopefully make it into a more potent pro-biotic.

Also seems like there might be a bit of blood in the diarrhea, though I noticed it before I got the dairy, so it wasn't caused by it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk