Author Topic: scoliosis (must present alternative to surgery)  (Read 22512 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: scoliosis (must present alternative to surgery)
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 10:16:49 am »
Are you saying here that each vertebra being out of alignment would correlate to a different mineral deficiency? Like if c6 was out of alignment that would mean a particular mineral(s) would be deficient?  You wouldn't remember the name of the chiropractor would you?

No, and I feel bad about it.  I'll Google it for you, but I imagine your industrious self can probably get what you need through Googling as well.

If you can't, I would suggest emailing professors at chiropractic schools.  Some of them would definitely know.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 10:19:21 am »
The connection between mineral deficiencies and scoliosis has been known since at least 1984, but there's not enough profit in it and still way too much resistance against healthy eating in society for it to result in anything other than a handful of alternative practitioners using the knowledge, unfortunately.

At least WE are aware, or getting there, anyway.

IMHO, the human race deserves the bad health it gets, if it's going to put the profit motive ahead of health.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 11:25:13 am »
IMHO, the human race deserves the bad health it gets, if it's going to put the profit motive ahead of health.

The problem Cheri is that it's just a few of the multitude that keep the rest in the dark on purpose out of greed. I spend so much time researching and trying to find things out and still am in the dark about so much because of the AMA and the pharmaceutical cartels. I didn't know that scoliosis was linked to mineral deficiency. That should have been told to Brian in 1984!

I feel sometimes like I spend my life trying to unravel the lies and suppression.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 11:28:08 am »
No, and I feel bad about it.  I'll Google it for you, but I imagine your industrious self can probably get what you need through Googling as well.

If you can't, I would suggest emailing professors at chiropractic schools.  Some of them would definitely know.

Are you saying that it's true that each vertebra correlates to a specific mineral and your no is to remember the chiro?

I will most definitely do my best to find that information! That could be highly useful.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 10:16:53 am »
Are you saying that it's true that each vertebra correlates to a specific mineral and your no is to remember the chiro?

I will most definitely do my best to find that information! That could be highly useful.

Yes, each vertebra matched to a specific mineral.

I thought it was too good to be true, but, ever since I've seen my own alignments shift depending on what I eat, I no longer consider to to be so.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 11:59:40 am »
Yes, each vertebra matched to a specific mineral.

I thought it was too good to be true, but, ever since I've seen my own alignments shift depending on what I eat, I no longer consider to to be so.

Oh boy! I'm hitting google. Wish me luck!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 02:28:10 am »
Let me know what you find out re: the nutrients for each disc.

I have a tendency to lean forward which I have found improvements from a variety of sources. I love the spinal twist from Yoga.

I spoke with a guy recently who is into a wide variety of health related devices and ideas and he told me about a version of the Bob Beck device that blasts out a big magnetic pulse. He uses it for pain management, but he told me that he has used it for persons who had frozen, and misaligned joints as well as a number of ailments.

He is an electronics expert so he took Bob's design and improved it so it is considerably more powerful. He has a website also which I have at home.

He is going to send me plans for making one although the Bob Beck plans (pulser I believe) are on the net. I am travelling now so I have no access to my usual info.

I cannot say it would be useful to you, but thought it might be useful to inject in the conversation
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 10:54:20 am »
I asked about this in another group and got this reply;

"A 67 year old friend of mine had mild scoliosis of the spine since
childhood. She went monthly to a chiropractor for adjustment. For a whole
separate reason she started doing the stretches (for a wrist problem) in the
book Pain Free by Pete Egoscue. Once she was out of pain from the wrist she
switched over to full body maintenance routine there.

The following month she was due for her adjustment. Her back did not hurt
at all but she decided to go anyway. When she sat down for her regular exam
her chiro exclaimed "what on earth have you been doing?" She asked him what
he meant and he told her that her spine was totally straight! He said he'd
never seen such a straight spine on anyone her age before. He told her she
did not need an adjustment at all. The only thing she had done differently
was the Egoscue stretches."
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 11:10:29 am »
I'm sorry to say that Brian did the exercises from Egoscue for awhile with no benefit. He said that they were also exceedingly boring. It seemed so promising too... like so many other things. :( Thanks for the good thought though Al! I read what you wrote to Brian and maybe he'll try it again - trying the full body maintenance routine this time.

Right now he is reading Back Care Basics by Mary Pullig Schatz MD that was recommended to learn yoga postures for scoliosis from. She is Iyengar based. Iyengar himself taught her how to modify yoga postures for times of acute back distress. It has a section on scoliosis. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 11:32:00 am »
This is the only link I found regarding particular vertebra's associations with organs and mineral deficiencies:

http://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1167669

but along the way I found this which is an interesting list of what certain trace minerals can help with in case anyone is interested:
http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1479273

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 12:27:02 pm »
I'm sorry to say that Brian did the exercises from Egoscue for awhile with no benefit. He said that they were also exceedingly boring.

I did Egoscue with a certified therapist for a short while. Boring, yes. Results, minimal. Massively expensive.

I switched over to yoga, specifically, Yin yoga, with great results.
http://www.yinyoga.com/  "Yin Yoga works the deeper levels of the body/heart/mind: the connective tissues of the ligaments, fascia, joints and bones and the energetic channels of the meridians, nerves and blood system.

I am regaining range-of-motion in my shoulders, and limping has been corrected in my hip. I can do the postures because it goes slowly enough for me. Every posture can be modified for any type of physical limitation.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 10:06:42 pm »
This is the only link I found regarding particular vertebra's associations with organs and mineral deficiencies:

http://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1167669

but along the way I found this which is an interesting list of what certain trace minerals can help with in case anyone is interested:
http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1479273

Interesting.  Perhaps if you emailed some professors at chiropractic schools they might have some knowledge of it.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 01:28:01 am »
Not all chiros are created the same. Some do the joint cracking and some do a manipulation which has a similar effect.
Cheers
Al

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 01:58:21 am »
If you're going to take trace minerals I recommend trying a supplement called Cell Food.  It is amazing and I am not a fan of supplements.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 03:23:57 am »
If you're going to take trace minerals I recommend trying a supplement called Cell Food.  It is amazing and I am not a fan of supplements.

Brad - I heard of something called cell food decades ago - is it the same thing or is it a new product? Would you please tell me more about it and why you like it?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2012, 03:33:42 am »
I did Egoscue with a certified therapist for a short while. Boring, yes. Results, minimal. Massively expensive.

I switched over to yoga, specifically, Yin yoga, with great results.
I am regaining range-of-motion in my shoulders, and limping has been corrected in my hip. I can do the postures because it goes slowly enough for me. Every posture can be modified for any type of physical limitation.

Ah - so you too Eveheart did not get the results from Egoscue. I will tell Brian to use his effort and time elsewhere. Thank you for letting us know.

Yin yoga. I just took a seminar in it. Funny thing is that I "created" the same thing for myself out of the way yoga used to be taught many years ago. I call my yoga "napa yoga". I put myself into a posture and take a nap. :D  Yin yoga is still taught in a style that is too yang for me. For my yang exercises I prefer other things. My stretching and yoga need to be totally relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable - meditative - deep - blissful. That for me is where the gains come. Yoga is one of my great joys in life. Over the last couple of decades I have figured out some postures and tricks for fully relaxing into poses Eve. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please let me know.

Brian does not do my form of yoga. He goes to these athletic classes that I would hate. He forces himself into positions with an iron will. That's why I think the Iyengar yoga would be a good match for him. I studied Iyengar many years ago and it is the form of yoga which to me most works on consciously forcing your body into better alignment. 

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 03:35:17 am »
Interesting.  Perhaps if you emailed some professors at chiropractic schools they might have some knowledge of it.

Maybe if what we are doing now doesn't not work taking that time and effort would make sense. We are trying some other therapies at the moment that I will report on if they are effective.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 04:50:55 am »
I don't think so, Dorothy.  I doubt it has been around that long.  You can find more info at: cellfood.com

I took the Essential Silica Formula and it has helped my colitis greatly, but it is a lifelong battle.  I have also noticed that my hair grows back really fast now, but I could not careless about that.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 06:34:31 am »
Thanks Brad. I passed the info onto Brian - but his doctor has just started him on a bunch of things that he will have to try out first to see if they make a difference. We'll keep it on the back burner. Good to have options.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 06:43:33 am »
Hoo boy, this isn't going to win me friends, but this is one of my least favorite products. I used to sell it at a healthfood/supplement store, and it was one of the products I felt most guilty about selling. Not one single customer reported any significant benefits from it, but I couldn't bad mouth it if I didn't want to get fired (luckily, there weren't many interested in it anyway and no repeat buyers). Now's my chance to finally call this stuff the quackery that it is. Now savage me if you must. It's worth undergoing some criticism to speak out against it.

On the bright side, Cellfood shows the amazing power of the human brain/body to heal itself if it's convinced that something works. That's something to celebrate!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:54:13 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 06:47:19 am »
I didn't get a chance to read up on it yet. The first thing that made me wonder though right away was first thing on the front page it said it had hundreds of nutrients. Those kinds of statements always make me take pause.

Glad you chimed in Phil. You just saved me some time.

That must have been frustrating working in a place where you couldn't tell people what you knew to be the truth.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2012, 06:47:55 am »
Phil - are you familiar with Standard Process by any chance? Do you have an opinion?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2012, 06:49:25 am »
Glad you chimed in Phil. You just saved me some time.
Thanks Dorothy. My guilt for selling that stuff is somewhat assuaged now.

That must have been frustrating working in a place where you couldn't tell people what you knew to be the truth.
Yeah, it was rather eye-opening, as I didn't realize that 90+% of the healthfood/supplement products were crap until I worked at a place that sold them.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2012, 06:56:39 am »
Phil - are you familiar with Standard Process by any chance? Do you have an opinion?
I'm not, sorry. The place I worked for didn't sell it.

I know they go overboard in their conventionalism and defense of corporate interests, and I never rely entirely on their viewpoint, but Quackwatch did post an article on it that I found: http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/lee.html

One thing I learned from my healthfood/supplement store days was that the most ancient and boring products tended to be the ones that people reported benefits from (mainly intake of minerals and external use of flax seed oil, which any Amish physician could have told you about a century or more ago). On the bright side, a veteran co-worker told me that my customers were the only ones she had seen come back to the store and report actual benefits!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:02:05 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2012, 07:13:53 am »
Standard process is basically a way of getting people to get organs into them as far as I'm concerned - which is not a bad thing! Considering that we can't buy adrenal glands for instance it's good to know that there is some source out there of whole food organ supplements. I just would rather be able to get the organs ourselves directly.

As far as Quackwatch goes - they had to go pretty far back in time to find anything - which means to me it's probably a pretty good company. With sites like that you can judge how good things are just by how far they have to go in any direction to find something negative to say because if there is anything at all negative they will find it - so useful if you don't take it too seriously.

Weston A. Price folks are really into Standard Process supplements it seems.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk