Author Topic: Herbivorous Men...........  (Read 7887 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Herbivorous Men...........
« on: August 24, 2013, 07:58:06 am »
Natural population control?
hahah what.

"We aren't interested in making money, or women. we just relax... and... go on nature walks."

SUPPORT HERBIVORE MEN MOVEMENT!

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
Re: Herbivorous Men...........
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:08:56 am »
sorry, i only made it 32 seconds into the clip, before turning it off...     ;)

i don't think money, or women, are interested in him, either.   someone should take his computer away.
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:15:40 am »
i don't think money, or women, are interested in him, either.   someone should take his computer away.

haha it's lunacy. I love it.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 09:19:26 am »
 ;)

how have you been, between bouts of pursuing "lunacy" online? 
i'm sure there are plenty of guys like this, roaming around the tundras of canada...  you should interview one!
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 09:21:41 am »
i think i feel the most sorrow for all of the spongebob fans...

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 09:22:55 am »
;)

how have you been, between bouts of pursuing "lunacy" online? 
i'm sure there are plenty of guys like this, roaming around the tundras of canada...  you should interview one!

I havent met any like this haha. Nor have I heard of any.
NOR do I have any interest in meeting one haha.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 09:25:17 am »
lol...

ah, well...  someday, he'll be dead.

maybe his mom is proud of him?  i dunno...

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 09:53:08 am »
Its a big thing though haha
Hes not alone
Its so interesting. People need to get healthy.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 01:30:51 pm »
They dont hunt. They just go on walks and take things in. Then he follows it up with saying society shoves a D*** in their ass but he says that the herbivore man shoves a boot into society's ass? uh... No.

The concept he just described is like saying a pacifist is kicking ass. Oxymoron. That guy is a moron.

He misses the thrill of the hunt. He just goes on walks with no destination? Women do that. I'm a man. When I set out to go somewhere, I have that goal in mind. Women go on hikes for the journey, men have a destination. I'll tell him how to get in touch with nature. Go for a walk with your dog and kill something and eat it together in the dirt raw right there, still warm.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 08:25:31 pm »
...He just goes on walks with no destination? Women do that. I'm a man. When I set out to go somewhere, I have that goal in mind. Women go on hikes for the journey, men have a destination...

Ha! No stereotyping or sexism in that post...

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 08:45:24 pm »

I don't get the sarcasm (I said very sarcastically)
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 08:58:04 pm »
Quote from: Dr. D
...He just goes on walks with no destination? Women do that. I'm a man. When I set out to go somewhere, I have that goal in mind. Women go on hikes for the journey, men have a destination...

as a woman, who admittedly wanders long distances and has also hiked with many men.   yes, this is true.  men hike for destination, and miss subtle things like pretty rocks, humming bird nests...women will focus and take in the smaller nuances of the hike.  this isn't to say we don't cover the same distances, but we do it differently.  I have noticed things and slowed down hikes and had male friends be really thankful, especially when they got lost in pursuit of the destination and forgot that they were also interested in doing plant identifications and stuff.  I definitely think these are compatible traits, as are healthy differences between males and females
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:35:12 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 09:37:25 pm »
Rubbish! I'm a male and love admiring the views when I go mountain-hiking for example.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 11:01:33 pm »

There are always exceptions to blanket statements but I stand by it that it is generally true.

I love admiring views as well. However, the point of my hike is usually to get to the top of some hill because I know that view will be greater than most rocks along the way. Again, exceptions occur.

You can still be goal oriented and enjoy the journey. You can also be mostly in the now and make strong headway towards the destination. Its not either or but instead what dominates.

I may sound sexist at time but I have no desire to oppress people. ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:00:55 am by TylerDurden »
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 11:05:15 pm »
I go on walks with no destination all the time. In fact, I rarely do the sort of hiking that Dr. D attributes to the male gender except when invited to do so by a female friend. I think his statement says more about him and his ideology than it says about gender differences, real or perceived.

I hunt. Unless a hunter uses a high-powered rifle that allows the targeting of distant animals, hunting requires the hunter be in wandering mode, with all senses and focus relaxed. If we're focused and thinking, the electromagnetic fields we emit are out of phase with our landscape and we stick out like a sore thumb, no matter how well camouflaged our clothing is. If we quiet our thinking mind, our electromagnetic fields can synch with those of a landscape and we blend in, even if our clothing stands out.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:00:31 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 11:22:32 pm »
My point is the destination/goal of a hike being attributed to men is just what you stated. It's because we hunt that we do that. Even wandering we have a goal in mind. Food. Thinking towards the next step.

It does say a bit about my ideology; that I believe men and women have distinct, general, mostly universal differences. And while there may be exceptions, the large things are mostly true for most people, in my experience. Maybe it's a neolithic thing, since I'm only around grain-eaters. Haven't found a single person in my life that can abstain from grains/dairy. That very well may skew my perception. I'm open enough to admit when I'm wrong. :D
-Dustin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk