Author Topic: How many carbs do you need?  (Read 59542 times)

Offline unthink

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: How many carbs do you need?
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2009, 10:50:12 pm »
There are actually some runners here in Sweden who run long distance races... like a double marathon in the woods, mainly on fats and protein.  I don´t think they stick to zero carb between races,  but they eat mainly fat and protein. I think they actually eat pemmican during the race.

I have been zero carb during times when I have gone for windsurfing. It feels like i have had i bit more stamina. But maybe the recovery have been a bit worse.

But i think we are losing one important fact here.. It´s a lot easier to get a lot of energy from fat than from carbs... If you gonna get 2000kcal extra from carbs thats like 500grams of carbs -thats kind of hard to eat - not to mention the health effects. If its from fat thats like 220g - thats really easy to eat and you don´t feel like u are smashed to the walls afterwards. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: How many carbs do you need?
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2009, 09:05:20 am »
I do not really know how to count really how much carbs but when there are times I feel low, I know I'm too low on carbs so I eat an organic fruit and I feel instantly better.

Some say it must be the thinking job that I do.  I'm a web developer / network administrator.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk