Author Topic: Sources of fertilized eggs?  (Read 3444 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Sources of fertilized eggs?
« on: August 16, 2009, 10:21:12 pm »
Some people have said that fertilized raw eggs are superior to unfertilized, because the avidin is neutralized. Is there any way to find sources of local fertilized eggs other than calling up farms one at a time?

I've always liked raw eggs, probably because my mother fed me egg nogs, egg shakes and eggs over easy to try to help me gain weight in my youth. Interestingly, raw eggs have been tasting even better to me since I adopted a ZC RPD. The free range chicken eggs taste almost like candy and I also like quail eggs. The Instincto WOE would say that means my body is telling me it needs them. Don't know if that's correct or not, but I do need to gain weight, so they might be an easy source of calories for me. I suspect that the sweetness of the chicken eggs is due to the high-carb corn and grains they feed them.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Sources of fertilized eggs?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 10:51:01 pm »
Thought about an eglu? - http://www.omlet.co.uk/products_services/products_services.php?view=Chickens&about=the%20eglu

If I was into eggs, I'd get one on my balcony.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk