Author Topic: Recipe to make Delicious Raw Beef Liver children will love  (Read 18667 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Recipe to make Delicious Raw Beef Liver children will love
« on: June 26, 2009, 09:44:34 pm »
I have a proven, dependable recipe for raw beef liver your children will love. I know my children love this recipe so here it is for your archives.

Buy: I go to Farmers Market in EDSA, Cubao, Quezon City where they sell authentic grass fed Batangas beef. Choose the reddest, brightest, youngest looking beef liver. Beef liver is very big, larger than a human body trunk, you might mistakenly buy pig liver which is not organic and intensively fed GMO feeds. Order some 1/2 kilo of raw beef liver. This morning it was 130 pesos per kilo.

Prepare at home: Slice into sashimi cuts. Marinate in some fresh raw calamansi, some sea salt and some pepper - this is where your art and personal taste comes in. Let it sit for at least 1 hour.

Feeding: I use chopsticks so eating it looks fun. I feed only some 1 tablespoon per meal to each child as their multi-vitamins. They love it, it tastes really good. My daughter this evening even exclaimed that she does not like cooked liver because cooked liver tastes terrible!

Keep it in the refrigerator. I found out it tastes good everyday even up to a week in the refrigerator. Just keep it open, let it breath.

Grass fed, raw beef liver is one of the best super foods you can ever lay your hands on. It is one of the components to cure tooth decay, it is a mainstay multi-vitamin and the favorite of carnivorous animals, and is much needed by cancer stricken patients as part of their cure protocol.

Originally from http://www.curemanual.com/blog/2009/06/recipe-to-make-delicious-raw-beef-liver-children-will-love/

Addendum:

Calamansi is our local equivalent to your lemons.  It is as common as lemons are common in your markets in the western countries.  More info on calamansi http://www.stuartxchange.org/Kalamansi

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:07:09 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe to make Delicious Raw Beef Liver children will love
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:00:46 pm »
Great recipe, thanks! I'll try it one day.
Eating raw fish and meat since 17.11.08. 99% raw since 25.04.08.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:01:35 pm »
Thanks for posting this. I tried it...to be honest to me it tasted like cooked, rare liver. I think I prefer downing the raw stuff with water, but would be good for people that like cooked liver and want to keep it uncooked.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 07:47:47 am »
Acids like lemon juice serve [a similar] function [to] cooking--like heat, they break down the proteins in the meat/organ/fish. Some examples of foods that are "cooked" with acids are ceviche/seviche/cebiche, ika ota and kinilaw.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:36:45 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 08:52:03 am »
Acids like lemon juice serve the same function of cooking--like heat, they break down the proteins in the meat/organ/fish. Some examples of foods that are "cooked" with acids are ceviche/seviche/cebiche, ika ota and kinilaw.

From what I've heard the denaturing caused by mainrating in acids is nowhere near as harsh as what happens even with light cooking.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 09:38:04 am »
From what I've heard the denaturing caused by mainrating in acids is nowhere near as harsh as what happens even with light cooking.

I didn't mean it to be taken quite that literally, which is why I put the quotes around "cooked". You are correct that it is not as harsh, I just meant the basic purpose of breaking down the proteins is the same, which may account for why it tasted cooked to Josh.

Out of curiosity, what is the general opinion here about non-heat methods of breaking down or preserving meats like acid-denaturing/marinating and cold-smoking? Drying and freezing seem fairly well accepted here (though I have seen some mildly negative opinions about them), but I haven't seen much on those other processes.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:45:29 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 10:14:10 am »
    So far, I don't like any of the animal products cooked.  Kalamansi looks interesting.  I wish it was available in major US cities, etc.  Of course I would use lemon, for I know I can get that.  I have tried raw beef liver cut like sashimi with salt, pepper and avocado.  It was nice to have with company.  They had theirs as they prefer, with olive oil rather than avocado.  No way I would ever try cooked liver again.  Last time I tried that was many years ago, and it gave me an awful headache.

I have tried raw chicken civiche, and it had too much of a 'cooked' texture for my liking.  I would however be willing to try goodsamaritan's recipe.  My opinion is that acid denaturing meat make the muscle fibers too tough for my body to digest or use.  Marinating in brine stops microorganisms from growing, that should be helping me decompose the meat.  Cold smoking, well, even though it's cold isn't it smoke?  Smoke is supposed to be carcinogenic, so although it may taste interesting, it's not very healthy. 

Drying renders meat indigestible to me.  I chew it, my carb digesting enzymes try to get started, they get wasted, my energy gets wasted, the meat goes the wrong places in my body, no more dried muscle meat.  Dried fat I don't even want to touch.  Mixing it with unheated honey seems to keep it good to some extent.  Maybe dried lean liver might work?  It is high in carbs.  I might be open to trying that.

Freezing meat seems gross to me.  I had some chicken and my refrigerator got too cold.  I didn't like the chicken texture that way, so I gave it to my cats.    The only foods that froze that didn't feel overly damaged to me were unsalted raw grassfed cheese and cultured unsalted grassfed raw butter, but they're not paleo.  Maybe suet is good still after it's frozen.  Seal fat and whale fat are probably good then.  I've never the (good) fortune to be where I could try them.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 09:01:44 pm »
Depends on how old the children are.
We are born with large store of copper in our liver, reason is that there is no copper in mothers' milk.
This is supposed to last for as long as natural nursing, maybe 6 years? Getting children to eat liver during this time is doing them no good, as an excess of copper does harm, same as any excess.
This is why children are well known to hate the taste of liver - they are not perverse - on the contrary, they are well designed for health.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 09:17:21 pm »
Interesting concept William.
My children vocally detest cooked liver but they like this recipe for raw liver.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline thejsap

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Thejsap on youtube
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 09:49:08 am »
children AND adults, this was delicious. I've been using calamansi on most of my raw meats, it help to mute the blood taste and lets me consume it cold without gagging.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 03:17:23 pm »
    I may bring this to a party.  I'll let you know.  I'll obviously bring something raw, and I'm leaning towards this.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline GK420

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 02:16:30 am »
I'm a newbie so I haven't tried any raw meat just yet (except for a tiny bit of raw salmon and minced beef), but I'll give this a try for sure. Apparently I used to love liver as a kid, but when I tried lamb liver kebabs a while ago they made me feel sick and I had to force myself to finish them. The liver smelt horrible when it was raw, and I'm just hoping that's because it was bad quality -- if good quality, grass fed beef liver smells anything like that then I'm doomed.  -\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk