Author Topic: Hair loss and ZC  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Hair loss and ZC
« on: October 07, 2010, 12:27:35 pm »
Does ZC have any particular effect with preventing hair loss or reversing it?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Hair loss and ZC
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 11:05:16 am »
We don't have many true ZCers in this forum, but Lex had some luck with stopping hair loss on a near-ZC diet. Danny Roddy focuses his blog a lot on hair loss on his LC diet that he added cooked potatoes to for reasons other than regarding hair: http://www.carnivorehealth.com/
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 01:06:23 pm »
hi, i'm also strictly ZC for months now, and the same time started my sunbathing. hair loss reduces dramatically. in my opinion, it's not only ZC diet but sun energy plays a huge role. i also get many prove like, skin improve, teeth feels great, leg cramps are completely gone, by the time i add sun energy.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Laddox

• Forager
  • Bone daddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 03:06:26 pm »
Since going raw primal, a mere six weeks ago, (after a 2 week water only fast), my hair feels stronger and looks heaps thicker and shiny. My gf reckons that my 'thin patch' is thickening up too.
I also had some success in slowing hair loss prior to going RAF with diatomacoius earth. It is about 80% silica, and it made my hair and skin & nails feel great. But now , i just eat lots o raw meat n' fat!  ;)
In reading the lives of great men, i found that the first victory they won was over themselves...Self discipline with all of them came first. -Harry S Truman.
I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work. -Thomas Edison
Time that you enjoyed wasting , is not wasted time. -Bertrand Russel
All the knowledge in the world is useless, without the wisdom in which to use it.

Offline TrueCarnivore

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 11:09:58 pm »
At 23, with 2 years of bodybuilding type diets under my belt.. (all meats, cheeses, milk, and eggs, and gotta have those carbz) I noticed my hair started thinning faster. I'd get tingling sensations around my scalp where I'm slightly balding. I think this is from a couple of things... Inflammation from grains and sugar in general, and chronically high insulin and correspondingly chronically high testosterone.

Since I've gone ZC for three months now, the tingling sensations have completely stopped, and I feel I won't lose my hair now keeping with this diet for the long-term. I plan on eating this way till I die.

My testosterone has lowered to a healthy level, I believe. That might be a bit misleading, as I don't really feel like my muscle comes in less, or my recovery takes longer. I think the unbalanced ratio of testorone:dht has been reversed, actually.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 12:47:31 am »
If you catch it early I think it should help.Lex self admits that it was too late by the time he started.Danny Roddy's idea is good but there's no long term evidence of success.Also,on the ZIOH forum there are quite a few hair challenged members judging from their pics.So,I think halting hairloss is a possibility but re-growth is a tall order O0
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk