Author Topic: Mrs. United States 2011 embraces paleo lifestyle  (Read 4178 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Mrs. United States 2011 embraces paleo lifestyle
« on: November 07, 2011, 09:39:59 am »
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/health/fl-hk-fitness-profile-mrs-united-states-20111103,0,2449007.story

She apparently basically follows Rob Wolff's cooked-Paleo approach, which is also very similar to Loren Cordain's approach.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Mrs. United States 2011 embraces paleo lifestyle
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 04:22:37 pm »
Overly skinny creature! Women need some fat on them, though obviously not to BBW standard!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 04:38:04 pm »
Overly skinny creature! Women need some fat on them, though obviously not to BBW standard!
Absolutely!
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 01:02:43 am »
shes not super model thin though, give her a break
but yeah i agree, she could use a little more butt, thigh and belly:)
and a little less dye and silicon:o

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 01:18:30 am »
shes not super model thin though, give her a break
but yeah i agree, she could use a little more butt, thigh and belly:)
and a little less dye and silicon:o

LOL - If she didn't have so much "dye and silicone" she wouldn't be Mrs. AMERICA! :D

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 01:32:54 am »
very true! it would be interesting if you could some how amalgamate the image of the "average" women and man in the united states from the whole of the current population,..considering all of the physical features and detailing health stats etc........ms average american...i think it would probably include sweatpants as opposed to swim suit and high heels, shed probably be a lot darker skinned as well

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 01:41:40 am »
Jessica, I googled "ms. average american" and this website came up of what the average face of women in different countries might be (images of 100 women put on top of one another). Definitely the dude that made it's fantasy I would think as they are all beautiful - but interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1355521/Average-female-face-The-Face-Tomorrow-Mike-Mike-project.html

Now put them in those sweatpants and sneakers and put them in a competition! Any of those average women I think would beat Mrs. America hands down.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 03:00:06 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 08:55:14 am »
LOL, thanks folks, I thought she looked overly skinny too, but thought someone might take offense if I mentioned it. I wondered why she won until I saw the photos of the other contestants that weren't all that either. I was tempted to write that she could use some meat on her bones and it looks like she's following a diet too much like the lean-meat original Cordain diet, which I got emaciated on too. I guess it's OK to poke fun at images of Paleo people but not vegans? :shrug: If so, I suppose that's rather good natured of us? Quite the opposite of most other dietary forums.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:00:48 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 09:09:01 pm »
she needs more muscle, not fat...
That's not paleo.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 12:28:42 am »
I think we should only make fun of dyed hair and plastic (because that's as unnatural as you can get I would think and judging someone's beauty on the skill of their hair stylist and plastic surgeon is pretty silly) - and not judge them on how fat or thin or whatever they are- because - size preference is so very personal.

But, if we are to make fun of anyone, making fun of ourselves is always the the most magnanimous poking choice! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk