Author Topic: Bodybuilder/Model going Paleo for longevity benefits  (Read 24663 times)

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Bodybuilder/Model going Paleo for longevity benefits
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 09:12:09 pm »
wot? It is marvelous food. Nice idea with the honey milkshake, consider it stolen. I usually down an egg or two after work out, and some berries before if i am low on energy for some reason. This is a really good idea you got

Based on what exactly? http://www.myspace.com/joshuatrentine <-ZC RAF pro bodybuilder.

Yes he looks real good. But would he look a lot bigger on cooked with suppliments? Yes, most definitely.

My point is that with cooked you sacrifice some of your health for size, but with RAF you sacrifize size for health. Which is my personal choice
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 09:54:39 pm »
Hmm. Thats rather dissapointing and suprising. I would think its easy to get lean on this diet and then just get your cals up and gain lots of muscle. Did you eat a lot of fruit? I personally believe to gain lots of muscle you need at least 250g of carbs a day.

yeah, this seems extremely left field depending on what you mean by lots. I don't think any CW or bodybuilding lore or RPD folks I've ever heard of have mentioned this in any way whatsoever. The people at my CF gym are pretty well built (not bodybuilder but certain far bigger than moi) and I'd say all of them doing largely LC most of the time. Like ForTheHunt, I think there indeed is some kind of change and therefore sacrifice to vanity perhaps in eating all raw particularly in the first few years when your body doesn't give much of shit of that as a priority. From what i've experienced and read, Doing more of the primal thing seems to fix both short-term and long term ability for people to build mass because it speeds along both from that angle.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2010, 06:10:23 am »
Yes he looks real good. But would he look a lot bigger on cooked with suppliments? Yes, most definitely.
My point is that with cooked you sacrifice some of your health for size, but with RAF you sacrifize size for health. Which is my personal choice

Why do guys want size anyway, WTF it does not look attractive AT ALL, nor does it look natural.
A lean man with some muscle is the hottest!!!
But big bulging muscles everywhere...that just looks...uncomfortable  :'(
Especially when they start to look like they are carrying watermelons ha ha
This also looks funny...I have seen some guys they work out their upper body so much and then their legs and ass look tiny in comparison...to me it should balance with the rest of your body. Your arm should not be twice the size of your legs...etc I'm just babbling sorry to bud in....

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2010, 11:16:20 am »
Why do guys want size anyway, WTF it does not look attractive AT ALL, nor does it look natural.
But big bulging muscles everywhere...that just looks...uncomfortable  :'(
This also looks funny...I have seen some guys they work out their upper body so much and then their legs and ass look tiny in comparison...to me it should balance with the rest of your body. Your arm should not be twice the size of your legs...etc I'm just babbling sorry to bud in....

Not all men are trying to put on a beauty pageant, bigger muscles means bigger strength (90% of the time that is..). Besides you are talking about the guys who are on lots, and LOTS of drugs and pump their muscles full of oils to make them look bigger, etc. Naturally you won't ever really get that really awkwardly huge look, but I guess that depends on who you ask.

I don't care what anyone says, a man should strive to be as strong as possible physically and mentally.

I will say though I totally agree about the leg thing :D

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2010, 03:01:57 pm »
But big bulging muscles everywhere...that just looks...uncomfortable  :'(

well. tell you the truth.  At the time I got into it, I wanted to be intimidating and strong. And I was/am. I have heard a lot of women say the very thing you say untill they actually touch a pair biceps the size of their own thigh and from my personal experience (and rapports from others) these kinds of reservations, goes right away. I think it is a cultural thing. The further south you go, the more obvious a reaction you get from females. Up here, men are supposed to be cudly, soft, harmless, a-sexual, feminine. We are to dress like gay men and take advice on how to be real men from them in television programs. The alfa look is unpopular and anyone who persue it is by dictate of our culture obviously either stupid, have a small dick both, atleast it must be some kind of over-compensating. In cultures where testosterone is not viewed as a poison that destroys humans (read: females), it is more acceptable and desired. I guess you live in the western world, no? Not to spite your personal preference, it can be as genuine as anybodys, Im just sharing my experience. edit: A great  example I can give is my own woman. As she told me, she never knew she had a muscle fetish untill we got married.

Nature does have its limits though. And the really big bodybuilders break those limits.  Nature does not allow this;:

Dianabol and other growth hormones does. (I love Nasser el sonbaty, he is the only really huge pro i know that admits that he takes steroids: "what are you fucking stupid, ofcourse i take steroids, look at me")

This is possible to do without growth hormones

(I dont think he is all natural, but i know for a fact that *ahrem* similar builds can be obtained through diet and work out alone)

*)Marcus Ruhl from Germany is one of the extreme boys. He released a video called "Big and loving it" which I think is one of the best bodybuilder videos ever (they all make them). He is honest, and he shows all of himself (no, not nudity). The highs the lows, the sorrows. and boy did I laugh when I saw this behemoth sit in a specially made suit the size of a circus tent  crying tears of happiness at his wedding (you have to see him to understand why that is funny). Recommended.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:25:23 pm by Brother »

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2010, 01:30:46 am »
Yeah the huge juiced up guys make me pretty sick. Blasting out protein farts every 2 minutes and breathing heavy after walking up a flight of stairs.

I think the best example of naturally muscular physiques are the really really old bodybuilders, back before Arnold and the juice fest, they weren't nearly as big or ripped but I am sure they felt great and lived pretty healthy lives.

Brother- the dude in the second pic looks like he is "on" also, but I am not to judge.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2010, 04:32:13 am »
I think the best example of naturally muscular physiques are the really really old bodybuilders, back before Arnold and the juice fest, they weren't nearly as big or ripped but I am sure they felt great and lived pretty healthy lives.

It was called "physical culture" before it ever became bodybuilding. A major part of it was healthy living. that was kind of the whole point. Size was a goal worth persuing, but secondary to health. A deep loathing for refined everything, but especially sugar and flour.

Brother- the dude in the second pic looks like he is "on" also, but I am not to judge.

He is an admitted juicer. I am just saying that his size is realistic to reach with proper diet and work out alone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk