Author Topic: Jericho Sunfire Transitioning to Breatharian  (Read 8949 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Jericho Sunfire Transitioning to Breatharian
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 04:03:55 am »
he is one of countless salespeople, just selling ideas.  they are all the same and all claim they've found holy grail and everyone  has "undeniable" proofs.  AV is one of them.  simply pick who you want to follow.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 04:16:04 am »
During my health seeking journey, I have become more open-minded about many things. However, this just sounds silly.

I am a bit wary of so called "gurus". There are so many "experts" out there that claim they know the way, and it is very confusing to figure out who is right and who is wrong.

I choose the information from "gurus" whether that be Sally Fallon, Joe Mercola, or Aajonus and practice what works the best for me.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 05:51:52 am »
During my health seeking journey, I have become more open-minded about many things. However, this just sounds silly.
True but eating raw meat sounded pretty silly to me initially.  ;D
There are accounts of breatharians especially in India amoung the ascetics.
Cheers
Al

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 06:01:44 am »
True but eating raw meat sounded pretty silly to me initially.  ;D

Which is why I probably shouldn't tell people about what I do now.  ;)
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 06:05:09 am »
Be your own guru!  ;D
AV SF JM, these people are great for gathering opinions... but your body can heal itself if you let it.

If Sunfire is genuine then I find that exciting, but I highly doubt it. Nor am I willing to stop eating to find out.

Check out this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dYHZXUp2ks

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 06:18:16 am »
Breatharianism is just intermittent fasting. The guy doesn't claim to not eat, he says he eats food, he just goes without eating until he feels he needs to and runs off his body supplies. He is just saying that people can go for a long time having energy without eating, and it makes him feel good. They do seem to be confused about that though, and think it's some mystic thing.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 06:27:46 am »
Breatharianism is just intermittent fasting. The guy doesn't claim to not eat, he says he eats food, he just goes without eating until he feels he needs to and runs off his body supplies. He is just saying that people can go for a long time having energy without eating, and it makes him feel good.

Hira Ratan Manek (whom I met) claims that he went 400 days under medical supervision in a hospital in India without eating food. Only water.
http://home.iae.nl/users/lightnet/health/lightresearch.htm
Paramahansa Yogananda talks about a non-eating female Yogi (Yogini) that he met.

Other Yogis speak about inedia as in - no food eating.
Cheers
Al

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 02:21:57 am »
"Jericho" is a good guy - used to hang at various raw food forums and we used to engage in cool fitness challenge things. He is, far as I can tell, for real. I've heard others who have had issues with him, but I never did. He never told me he doesn't eat - just that he goes long stretches without eating or drinking. He supposedly did a 10-day stretch with no food or water in Mexico surrounded by others.

When he does eat (at least this is how he used to go bout it - I haven't spoken to him in quite a while, so I don't know his current thing), it's usually mono-meals. Watermelons or apples or oranges.

He is a work-out monster, though. Only thing I ever topped him on was pull-ups & chin-ups. He kicked my ass at everything else (hahaha!)...with video to prove it. The guy is a fucking machine. Former pro rugby player & last we spoke, a full-time self-employed personal trainer.

But in NO way is he paleo. Total vegan all the way.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 02:40:48 am »
How does he keep his weight up eating watermelons and oranges? ???
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 04:06:35 am »
This is the puzzling thing about breatharians, diet, nutrition, etc.

This is why sometimes the discussions about nutrition on this and other sites can be curious and maybe even pointless. How much of the food/nutrition that we consume is just stuff that goes through us? In other words faeces.

When you think about it why do we have to eat? Why can't cells that break down be reconverted into the building blocks of new cells?

HRM says you need water even when not eating. It evaporates from our bodies.
Cheers
Al

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 04:25:12 am »
When you think about it why do we have to eat?

Same reason as why other animals eat, or have, sex, or breathe....because its natural to do so.

How much of the food/nutrition that we consume is just stuff that goes through us? In other words faeces.

Different amounts depending on how well you digest it and what you eat. I know it doesn't all go through me because I can feel certain beneficial effects very soon after eating healthy foods. Such as energy, better mood, sexual drive etc....can be also negative effects too, or neutral ones like sleepiness, sometimes its not welcome but sometimes its great.

I think with breatharians they just conditioned their metabolism to go very slowly, hence why they need minimal amount of food, but they still need it. Anorexics are also breatharians but are not healthy obviously, and don't have a good quality of life, because they didn't condition themselves properly, the few foods they eat are probably not the healthy ones...otherwise, anorexics would be healthy and long lived too, a perfect example that something can be done the wrong way and the right way.

Animals who hibernate don't eat while doing so. I think breatharians have achieved hibernation body state without having to "rest" all the time like hibernating animals.

I personally have a very quick metabolism and would be a horrible candidate for breatharianism.  :D
Maybe eating mey make me die a little faster, lol, but really thats not a concern, I'd rather receive the pleasure of food then live a little longer. Plus I think with breatharians their metabolism becomes so slow that if they happen to eat a lot of food they will gain weight like crazy. I don't like that idea because IN CASE you want to eat lots of food now you can't...they may never want to of course, but its putting yourself in a ultimate condition, which freaks me out a little because I prefer to be able to consume something in the case I want to or have to and not suffer a great deal. However I do have respect for these people to be able to achieve that and have such a great body composition, its quite amazing!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 04:55:16 am »
Since my GF and I started sungazing mid July 2009 we eat probably 1/2 - 1/3 of what we used to.
We have noticed a decrease in hunger with eating raw foods. Somedays I have to force eating a bit. I may naturally decrease eating to the point of comfort.

A friend has decided to eliminate food. He previously seems to have overcome cold. He is from India, but he now goes outside in winter in -25 C wearing only a light jacket and the flimsy stuff that Indians wear.
Cheers
Al

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 09:14:03 pm »

He doesn't. He has lost a tremendous amount of weight & body fat. Not that he was ever fat, but he wasn't so shredded as he is now.

He posted before & after shots a few years back when we were doing his 90 day challenges. A year of those and he had dropped a lot. Enough that I asked him if he was OK at one point. But he seems to be doing just fine, physically.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 01:18:31 am »
He doesn't. He has lost a tremendous amount of weight & body fat. Not that he was ever fat, but he wasn't so shredded as he is now.

He posted before & after shots a few years back when we were doing his 90 day challenges. A year of those and he had dropped a lot. Enough that I asked him if he was OK at one point. But he seems to be doing just fine, physically.

Shredded? You mean he's more "cut" than before? Interesting.It seems to me that most people who are interested in breatharianism are more "spiritually" inclined as opposed to "sports" inclined.Seriously,I can't picture a rugby player being a breatharian.However,I can picture a meditator being breatharian no problem.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 09:43:51 pm »
Shredded? You mean he's more "cut" than before?

Yes, he is much more cut now - and has been for a couple of years - than when he was fruitarian but wasn't doing long fasting.

Interesting.It seems to me that most people who are interested in breatharianism are more "spiritually" inclined as opposed to "sports" inclined.Seriously,I can't picture a rugby player being a breatharian.However,I can picture a meditator being breatharian no problem.

Hahaha! I didn't watch the video, so I don;t know if he relays his personal story of how he ended up where he is today (and where he came from), but it's an interesting story.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk