Author Topic: ALA (fatty beef) or DHA/EPA (salmon)  (Read 3719 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
ALA (fatty beef) or DHA/EPA (salmon)
« on: March 25, 2012, 04:48:05 am »
Hi everyone. I know itt's been touted were mainly DHA and EPA in oour brains and eyes.

How true can the be considering were land animals?

I think we need more ALA, less salmon.

What are your oppinions?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: ALA (fatty beef) or DHA/EPA (salmon)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 05:24:39 am »
how come?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 10:19:51 am »
I feel us (humans) being land animals, are supposed to eat much more ALA then EPA/DHA.

We convert ALA into DHA and EPA.

Eating large amounts of DHA/EPA I think

A) doesn't get used
B) gets burned
Or C) messes up our natural process of converrting ALA into EPA and DHA

I love eating massive amounts of fatty cuts of beef.

Regullar salmon has a mercury smell, from industrial pollution.

Besides, many nations already have raw meat dishes, like steak tar tar. Etc.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 03:52:15 pm »
I think that humans would have taken advantage of the seasonal salmon runs at which time they would probably gorge themselves on salmon, similar to what brown bears do today. In the past I imagine that almost every river would have been full of salmon during the salmon runs. Salmon also contains a very powerful anti-oxidant called astaxanthin, which also crosses the blood-brain barrier.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 08:52:57 pm »
I think I'll continue eating salmon, I'm moderation however.

I forgot about that antioxidant.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 02:29:43 am »
Early humans would eat the eyes, brains, and other fatty soft tissues of land animals, as well as collect mollusk and other shell fish from the shore lines, rivers and streams.

Grass fed land animals have a fat profile that contains both ALA and DHA in sufficient amounts, so that as long as enough animal flesh, and organs are eaten then there should be no need for other sources.

It is believed by some people, that there were groups of early humans that lived along the coast lines who had access to large amounts of DHA rich foods, that allowed for the evolution of larger brains. These coastal shellfish eaters are very likely our direct descendants.

I eat very little sea food, occasionally I will buy some fish or oysters, but as far as I can tell I get all the fatty acids my body needs from land animals.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:37:33 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk