Author Topic: Best way to eat eggs?  (Read 7166 times)

Offline spitfiredd1

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Best way to eat eggs?
« on: March 12, 2012, 09:21:27 pm »
What the best way to eat an egg besides raw?  I just can't bring my self to eat them raw, I can eat fish raw and cook steak rare and I can eat all my plant food raw but eggs...just can't do it.

I know growing up my grandmother would make me hard boiled eggs and she made them so that the yolk was still runny,  I've been trying to do the same but I still haven't quite mastered the timing to get the yolks just right.

What are some other ways to cook eggs to still get all the nutrients?
Other forums I frequent:
Give it to me Raw
30bananasadaysucks.com

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to eat eggs?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 09:37:16 pm »
I've been trying to do the same but I still haven't quite mastered the timing to get the yolks just right.
Start them in cold water, make sure they are fully covered. Get them to boil as fast as possible. Once they boil 4-4,5 mins is perfect fluid yolks and cooked solid whites.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:42:01 pm »
I would say: just wait till you can eat at least a bit of yolk raw - but first you might have to stop cook your steaks, otherwise your body could be in overload of proteins and this may make you unable to eat raw eggs.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:52:16 pm »
I would say..
try to make a really delish dish.. like whipped yolks with wild berries!
Whip 4 eggyolks with a teaspoon of honey until real foam. It works best with very fresh eggs!
Then, eat the delicious foam with wild berries like cowberries. Totally raw, very nourishing!
I eat this often... :)

Inger

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:06:17 pm »
I would say..
Whip 4 eggyolks with a teaspoon of honey until real foam. It works best with very fresh eggs!
Then, eat the delicious foam with wild berries like cowberries. Totally raw, very nourishing!
Inger
That looks awesome. I used to make the same with egg whites. egg white beaten to a foam and then fold in juiced or blended bleu/black berries. This is actually a well known desert in the NL called "Haagse bluf"
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 10:44:34 pm »
Dip raw meat in egg yolks, it's delicious.

Offline spitfiredd1

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:01:24 pm »
I would say..

Inger

That's more or less a merange =)  I used to make this with my grandma growing up.  Sounds delish!
Other forums I frequent:
Give it to me Raw
30bananasadaysucks.com

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 11:48:24 pm »
Iguana, did you read my recent private message? I just thought you might not have set your notifications so that you could receive such PMs?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 12:05:48 am »
i love to just eat the raw yolk by itself
i am pretty sure i just ate the yolk of a wild mallard duck! it was incredibly orange and dense

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 12:17:59 am »
*Topic moved to Hot Topics forum*. Why can't people recognise that anti-raw/anti-palaeo topics should all always go in the Hot Topics forum?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 01:11:58 am »
Raw eggs are very yummy. If you cant eat them raw on their own, add some vanilla and / or cinnamon and eat them raw.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 03:03:54 am »
Well done, Tyler!  Yes, I read your PM and forgot to answer, sorry.  I will do so soon.

Someone say's  he can't eat something raw and then
 he get's plenty of culinary advices and recipes aiming at allowing to eat it raw anyway, against what an animal or real paleo hominid would instinctively do!  ;)   
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:28:57 am by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 01:11:52 pm »
Do not cook eggs. Period.

Can we close this thread?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 05:05:09 pm »
Right. Do not cook eggs and if you can't currently eat at least the yolks raw, unseasoned and unmixed, then don't eat it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk