Author Topic: Paleo Hemorrhoids, What Should I Change In My Diet?  (Read 9098 times)

Offline jted

• Forager
    • View Profile
Paleo Hemorrhoids, What Should I Change In My Diet?
« on: September 27, 2011, 07:38:28 pm »
So I believe my diet is causing my hemorrhoids to be swollen, this is the first time I've experienced this. It is not a pleasant experience.. I'm more and more annoyed about this. I actually think they get worse if you don't fix your diet or change it. It's taken me longer than it should have to identify I have hemorrhoids, I actually didn't know what it was for a couple months... being that I've never had them. Not to get graphic, but I took a picture with my phone.. then compared it to a many google image searches.. and it matches perfectly. I've recently moved from NY to Shanghai... and here is my diet.

-At 10am I start eating
~400 grams of cucumbers
~200 grams of carrots
~200ml of president's heavy cream
one bell pepper
a 170 gram (small size) container of fage, with A LOT of coconut shavings, A LOT of vietnamese cinnamon, and some blueberries.
one apple
perhaps 40 grams of Hachez 88% german dark chocolate.
-By about 10:30am I'm finished with breakfast.

At noon I'll eat some lunch, I usually eat perhaps one egg, a bit of tomatoes, and lots of random scrap meat.. so 100-300 grams of either pork, chicken, fish (today I probably had about 150 grams of fish) or beef (all the meat is soaked in seed oil, because.. well I'm in China, it's hard to avoid).

At around 7pm I'll have some street BBQ food, which is more scrap food.. so scrap pork and beef. Then I'll have another container of Fage, with coconut/cinnamon.

o, and throughout the day I'm probably drinking 3-5 liters of water. I basically don't drink anything else but water.

This is a very typical eating day for me... I moved to Shanghai 6 months ago from NY.. and this diet I have is the change which I think is causing the hemorrhoids. There is a lot of noodles, and seed oil, and tons of "food" that doesn't rot and is wrapped in plastic.. that I try hard to avoid. It is more difficult to eat paleo in my situation in Shanghai compared to NY. So this is the balance I've come to for my diet. Anyone want to speculate why I've had hemmroids since having this diet? Am I eating too much fat? Or you can criticize my diet in general.

Sometimes I'll take fish oil and vitamin D, often I forget though.

Thanks in Advance,
Ioan
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:49:17 pm by jted »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Paleo Hemorrhoids, What Should I Change In My Diet?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 09:46:46 pm »
Eat raw meat with lots and lots of fat.

Drop the processed cream.
Drop the bell peppers.
Eat cucumbers and carrots sparingly
Get rid of the chocolate

And drinking 3-5 liters of plain water a day sounds like suicide.

And you eat scrap meat? Soaked in seed oil?  Suicide.

Are you sure you are in the correct forum?  Raw Paleo Diet.  Please see the newbies section.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:52 pm »
Is there no raw seafood available?   

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 07:37:22 am »
Dairy products that are made from cow's milk and cream tend to be somewhat high in poorly absorbed calcium (though fatty dair products like heavy cream contain less calcium than lower fat dairy products), and well known to constipate sensitive people, probably especially pasteurized dairy, which multiple people (including myself) report is harder to digest than raw. I haven't heard of pure fat causing constipation.

This is a raw Paleo forum, so dairy is not highly regarded here, but there are people here who are knowledgeable in raw dairy, including raw Primal dieters. They may be able to tell you if raw dairy is less constipating. Another option is to drop the dairy for a while (substituting raw animal fats like marrow, suet, egg yolks, tongue, etc.) and see if that helps and then try reintroducing raw dairy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:47:02 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:28:41 am »
@ jted, my mom cured her hemorrhoids right away after strating eating raw meat and fats, and probiotics like high meat and kefir. She had a minor surgery and she fainted couple of times in the bathroom for the pain. It took her couple of days only to feel 99% better. Very little raw wild green juice, cucumber, celery juice (as much as you want) could be your only vegetables. Just rely on raw meat, organs, fats, high meat and other strong probiotics. Sun bathing will help you too. Then write back to this forum, how many days that will take you to cure your hemorrhoids. Good luck.

PS. absolutely no suger, glutein, casein, starches please!
bugs or country chickens

Offline jted

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 11:07:28 pm »
So I stopped dairy for a couple days now. I threw out the couple bell peppers I had left.

I bought more broccoli, cauliflower, and celery. I've been drowning them in coconut oil before I eat them.

Avoiding seed oil in China is very difficult. I try to eat less seed oil, but that's quite difficult.. so I eat some meat that was soaked in seed oil. I ate 500 grams of black fish tonight, though it had seed oil on it. I've still eaten a cucumber and carrot. I've had some eggs. I ate a couple avocados in the last two days. I'm eating raw onions soaked in coconut oil also. The dark chocolate is hard to kick, I cut the intake in half though. In 5 more days I'll see how I am.. the big change I would say is no more dairy. If this fixes it.. I'll blame dairy.

Why is drinking 3-5 liters of water suicide? I'm not drinking when I'm not thirsty.. I just sip while I'm in the office.. and it ends up being 3-5 liters.

Also.. it's very difficult here for me to avoid scrap meat with seed oil. If the choices are scrap meat with seed oil, vs only eggs... should I just eat less/no meat?

Out of the 5 pages of vegetables available to me in Shanghai.. which ones are the best in your opinion(s) http://www.cityshop.com.cn/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_10601_10551_20429_-1_20423_20423_image

(o yea, and I started putting my feet on the toilet seat and squating... if you haven't done this yet.. try it.. it feels pretty natural.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:48:25 am by jted »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 08:00:24 am »
I get some improvement in constipation when I eat more raw eggs and less meat, though not a cure.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 03:07:25 pm »
I get runny stools and seeming diarrhea if I eat more than 1 or 2 raw eggs at a time. That is, raw eggs do not seem to be properly digested by my body.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk