Author Topic: Is it possible to go about this diet without eating raw meat?  (Read 28662 times)

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to go about this diet without eating raw meat?
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2014, 04:50:33 am »
Westerners should be afraid to eat raw beef IMO. Considering how poor quality most of it is. You have to look hard to find a good source.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2014, 08:06:32 am »
Westerners should be afraid to eat raw beef IMO. Considering how poor quality most of it is. You have to look hard to find a good source.

False. Grassfed beef isn't that hard to find, and meat-handling practices in the US are generally very safe. That doesn't mean it's smart to eat conventional beef regularly, but the problems from it are not related to food poisoning or parasites.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2014, 06:12:57 pm »
land animal meat = flesh food
fish meat = flesh food
same thing.
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2014, 09:38:31 am »
False. Grassfed beef isn't that hard to find, and meat-handling practices in the US are generally very safe. That doesn't mean it's smart to eat conventional beef regularly, but the problems from it are not related to food poisoning or parasites.
You're 100% correct.
However many Americans don't even know grass fed beef exists. Majority of the people shop at walmart/Kroger/shop rite ect... I believe fear of eatin meat sourced from these places is reasonable.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2014, 12:20:42 pm »
You're 100% correct.
However many Americans don't even know grass fed beef exists. Majority of the people shop at walmart/Kroger/shop rite ect... I believe fear of eatin meat sourced from these places is reasonable.

Because of the poor quality of the meat, not because of parasites or food poisoning.

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2014, 12:42:17 pm »
Because of the poor quality of the meat, not because of parasites or food poisoning.

I'm not knowledgable in that area. I'll take your word for it!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2014, 09:14:13 am »
I'm not knowledgable in that area. I'll take your word for it!

I encourage you to research it on your own, if you are curious.  I can offer multiple lines of evidence for this assertion.

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2017, 06:59:30 pm »
Plenty of primal dieters start with no meat. Some like you don't feel comfortable about the idea of raw meat, but want the benefits. It's better to start with raw eggs anyway, that can help get the digestive tract ready, if it's not already.

Eating fish (it's always saltwater) on the primal diet without other landmeat is alright, as long as you're eating all the rest of the diet. Did you see the suggested menus in RFLWD? Like one of the others above wrote, after a while you feel comfortable with the idea of land meat, and you'll start eating it.

Don't make your whole diet fish. Even the inuit don't do that.

http://discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk