Author Topic: Peanuts  (Read 8797 times)

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
Peanuts
« on: December 28, 2014, 12:55:59 am »
How did Aajonus feel about peanuts, and of course, peanut butter. Are they edible/beneficial?

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Peanuts
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 03:30:26 am »
NUT FORMULA: 2 to 4 ounces raw pecans or walnuts, pine or hazel
nuts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, or peanuts, 4 to 8 tablespoons
unsalted raw butter, 1-2 raw  eggs, 1½-2 tablespoons unheated honey.
Blenderize nuts in an 8- or 12-ounces jar on high speed until they are
flour. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Blenderize on medium speed
for 20-25 seconds, until smooth. ALTERNATIVE: Substitute coconut
cream for butter.
 Many people need starches to bind with toxins (including excess
hormones) that stress the body. We may obtain that starch by eating a
Nut Formula once or twice weekly. Some people may need to eat a
little cooked starch with plenty of raw fat if they cannot digest the Nut
Formula. That may be determined by eating the Nut Formula when we
are extra-stressed. If we become more self-controlled within 12 hours
after eating the Nut Formula, we do not need to eat cooked starch.

I remember from reading his books, he was not so pro nuts, he said they had anti-nurients, and the way to get out the toxic the most, you must do this "formula".He never recomended eating them alone. I even remember he said never eat more than 2 of this formulas per week.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 07:15:37 am »
I am continually taken back by these 'formulas' he came up with, as if he divined it from above.   Or let me put it this way, I think someone should think for themselves when it comes to believing in his recommendations.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:01:09 am »
Agreed, Van. I admit, I've never tried his formulas, though.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 07:52:26 pm »
You can try the forumla if it sounds edible/beneficial for you. If you are in a desire for peanuts ^^

Last time I took peanuts, (from a bag, unpeeled and roasted) I have problems breathing! I ate like 10 half peanuts and in the 2-3 minutes after I started to have to do strenght to get air on my lungs, like I was asfixiating, have to go outside (and even then I wasnt able to breath well)

Persoanlly I have never had a good experience with peanuts, nor the raw, nor the roasted. I had left them completely from that last experience of not being able to breath. "Real" nuts are far way better.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 02:13:35 am »
Van makes an excellent point; AV's "wisdom" is further muddied in my mind by the basic, beneficial truths that he used, such as the benefit of raw meats.

Last time I took peanuts, (from a bag, unpeeled and roasted) I have problems breathing!

Peanuts, like other long-storage foods, can develop molds when conditions are too warm or too humid. That can be the allergen moreso than the peanut itself.

As a nitrogen-fixing legume, it is an excellent subsistence crop for farmers eking out a living on monoculture-depleted soils. When it is stored properly, mold allergies can be avoided to some extent.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 04:42:42 am »
NUT FORMULA: 2 to 4 ounces raw pecans or walnuts, pine or hazel
nuts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, or peanuts, 4 to 8 tablespoons
unsalted raw butter, 1-2 raw  eggs, 1½-2 tablespoons unheated honey.
Blenderize nuts in an 8- or 12-ounces jar on high speed until they are
flour. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Blenderize on medium speed
for 20-25 seconds, until smooth. ALTERNATIVE: Substitute coconut
cream for butter.
 Many people need starches to bind with toxins (including excess
hormones) that stress the body. We may obtain that starch by eating a
Nut Formula once or twice weekly. Some people may need to eat a
little cooked starch with plenty of raw fat if they cannot digest the Nut
Formula. That may be determined by eating the Nut Formula when we
are extra-stressed. If we become more self-controlled within 12 hours
after eating the Nut Formula, we do not need to eat cooked starch.

I remember from reading his books, he was not so pro nuts, he said they had anti-nurients, and the way to get out the toxic the most, you must do this "formula".He never recomended eating them alone. I even remember he said never eat more than 2 of this formulas per week.

Aren't peanuts legumes? Why would he put a legume in a nut formula?

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 04:48:29 am »
I am continually taken back by these 'formulas' he came up with, as if he divined it from above.   Or let me put it this way, I think someone should think for themselves when it comes to believing in his recommendations.

He seems to make many outrageous claims with out stating sources,research, or even a single scientific fact. Everything he says is very intriguing, just wish there was more evidence.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 06:38:20 am »
Here's something else to consider;  AV made his living primarily off of consultations, and some speaking engagements, as well as book sales.  But mostly off of consultations.    For those of you who are familiar with Eckart Tolle, he said one time that if we go to a spiritual talk or seminar and they give you Seven Tenants to follow, that you'll feel like you got your money's worth. But to simply hear 'be in the present'... you'll feel ripped off.   The same philosophy applies to AV.  Imagine spending a couple hundred dollars and he simply tells you to eat raw meat etc.. You're going to leave that consultation wondering why you just spent your money with him.  But IF he tells you  through  some exotic diagnosis that you need this special formula and you need to do it  in this order and prepare it like this.. you'll be appreciative, go right home, get the ingredients and get busy 'healing' yourself.  For he always has 'patients' do something which is so much easier than letting a natural diet Heal you.    He was one of the first to suggest eating raw meat, there are others, but to stay 'cutting' edge and unique, guess what he did?
    But people will say he cured me of this and that.  Maybe.  But most likely he got people off of bad diets and put them on raw diets, and had them cut out the foods that were causing injury in the first place.  But then, for some, he offer hope, and that is something.
    A hole nother  topic would be his 'relationships' with women clients.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 07:02:25 am »
...But most likely he got people off of bad diets and put them on raw diets, and had them cut out the foods that were causing injury in the first place.  But then, for some, he offer hope, and that is something....

There are several famous examples of mainstream medical drugs being approved by the U.S. FDA based on clinical trials using the drug PLUS A HEALTHY DIET AND EXERCISE. If you're like me, you will instantly suspect that the healthy diet and exercise were the healing agents, but there are no skeptics at the FDA. Once the drug is approved, successful healing is attributed to the medicine and failures are blamed on the patient's diet and lifestyle

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 08:23:23 am »
if you grow your own peanuts, eating them fresh, no storage. are they edible raw, with no toxic side effect? do you know or have tried them?
That can be the allergen moreso than the peanut itself.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 11:33:39 am »
if you grow your own peanuts, eating them fresh, no storage. are they edible raw, with no toxic side effect? do you know or have tried them?

Yes, I used to grow my own. I have eaten them raw, but at the time I was used to cooked and seasoned foods, and I didn't find them appealing at all. They have that subtle starchy rawness that I also find objectionable in lentil sprouts. Also, just because I had no toxic side effects that I could discern, that doesn't mean that toxins are not present.

Peanuts are interesting plants to grow with young children because the flowers send "pegs" into the soil so that the peanuts can mature underground. I grew all our produce when the kids were little, and one of my seed suppliers featured peanuts as "fun to grow with children," so I bought them.

Just remember that the mold spores normally get on the peanuts directly from the soil, so there will be some of that present at all stages of the peanut's maturity. Let the soil go dry at the end of the maturing time to discourage decomposition (thus, rapid growth of mold and fungus). As I type these words, I feel the urge to remind you that I am not recommending peanuts as part of a RPD diet.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 08:44:26 pm »
ohh!! so they are not tasty even?? i'm actually growing a lot of edible plants, its summer here, i never growed peanuts, and less now that i'm eating all raw and i know that peanuts "cant" be eaten raw due to anti nutrients..

i have tried a lot of lentil sprouts, and that starchy feeling i think was something addictive about the sprouts...

thanks eve!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk