Author Topic: hyper thyroid?  (Read 6108 times)

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
hyper thyroid?
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:05:29 pm »
i havent gotten any lab work done yet but am beginning to suspect i may have some thyroid  issues, specifically hyper thyroid.
any tip of alleviating this? i seen people recommending eating thyroid but do quite get how eating a gland would help with ones own gland... doesnt seem to add up, though im open to an explanation.
thanks!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: hyper thyroid?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 06:31:50 pm »
Your best bet is to buy the raw thyroid supplement from Dr Ron's website. Since adrenal-related issues often occur in tandem with thyroid-related ones, it's best to buy those as well.

Re like cures like:- This seems logical to me. If one has heart-disease, say, and eats a lot of raw hearts from healthy grassfed animals, then the nutrients that exist within the animal's heart and which helped the animal re keeping a healthy circulatory system etc., then can be used by the human body. Since cows are hardly alien lifeforms and have some similiarities to humans re warm blood etc., it makes sense to assume that the nutrients needed for a cow to maintain heart-health are roughly the same as those nutrients needed by humans to ward off heart-disease and maintain a healthy heart.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:50:41 pm »
If you are hyperthyroid - ie. producing excess thyroid hormones - why in the world would you take more thyroid gland from another species?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:35:45 am »
If you are hyperthyroid - ie. producing excess thyroid hormones - why in the world would you take more thyroid gland from another species?

The point is to heal the gland via trace nutrients found in the raw thyroid. That way, one "normalises" the hormone-output, over time. The raw thyroid should contain very little in the way of hormones at least by contrast to artificial thyroid hormone supplements.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 04:45:57 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 08:01:37 am »
i do follow your logic here tyler, i guess i cant help question how efficiently these nutrients from a foreign gland can been digested and assimilated into the very same gland of the one consuming it...
that being said im not at all poo-pooing the concept at all and am all for giving it a shot, it makes much more sense to me than using some creepy pharmaceutical treatment (assuming i even have such a condition).
anyone with tips on where to get thyroid in the u.s.? the only glands ive encountered at my local farmers market is thymus.

Satya

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 11:14:41 am »
The point is to heal the gland via trace nutrients found in the raw thyroid. That way, one "normalises" the hormone-output, over time. The raw thyroid should contain very little in the way of hormones at least by contrast to artificial thryoid hormone supplements.

What nutrients would those be?  How do these nutrients normalise hormone output?

I guess my main concern is that this particular issue, if it is the issue, it is highly complex.  It might be better to refer seesawsemiology to a qualified naturopath in this case.  I realize there are many armchair doctors on board here, but some things are not so simple as like heals like.  Not that this is true in this case, mind you.  However, no symptoms nor diagnosis has ever even been mentioned, therefore, how can anyone even remotely assume to offer any remedy?  For all we know, there is no problem in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:29:06 am by Satya »

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 11:26:15 am »
from what ive been reading it seems it might be a good idea to get more iodine in my diet and seaweed looks like the best source. you make stuff with seaweed right satya? any recipe recommendations?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 06:17:33 pm »
What nutrients would those be?  How do these nutrients normalise hormone output?

I guess my main concern is that this particular issue, if it is the issue, it is highly complex.  It might be better to refer seesawsemiology to a qualified naturopath in this case.  I realize there are many armchair doctors on board here, but some things are not so simple as like heals like.  Not that this is true in this case, mind you.  However, no symptoms nor diagnosis has ever even been mentioned, therefore, how can anyone even remotely assume to offer any remedy?  For all we know, there is no problem in the first place.

It seems logical to assume that like cures like. For example, raw hearts from grassfed cattle contain nutrients like coenzyme q10, which, not coinicdentally, have been shown to be helpful re heart-disease etc. As to the issue of normalising, that seems only logical:- once the thyroid gets healthier as a result of all those extra nutrients, it will produce a more healthy output. Granted, though, these symptoms  might not even be thyroid-related(though I can't see how eating raw thyroid is bad if one already has a healthy thyroid).

As regards the issue of different animals, cows are mammals just like us, so have a roughly similiar setup as regards nutrients. I suppose one could have a perfect assimilable food in the form of raw human thyroid, but cannibalism tends to be frowned upon these days.
" Ron Paul.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 12:50:43 am »
Hyperthyroid has been actually cured with high doses of iodine. It cures both hypo- and hyperthyroid. Somewhere I read that eskimos are slightly hyperthyroid and it is actually healthy to be slightly hyper as it increases longevity and gives you ability to think like A. Einstein  ;)

Does anyone know if hyperthyroid caused hot fluhes as facial flush ? This problem is still annoying me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk