Author Topic: Sunfoods Coconut oil  (Read 4715 times)

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
Sunfoods Coconut oil
« on: January 27, 2015, 04:45:34 am »
I called sunfoods and they claim it's never heated above 90 degrees F.

It's not on Aajonus's lists, but has anyone else checked them out. I asked for email with signature confirming claims.

I found this article as well. Disturbing if true.

http://rawchefdan.typepad.com/rawchefdan/2010/02/do-you-buy-from-sunfoodcom-better-think-twice.html

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Sunfoods Coconut oil
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:38:03 am »
I have completely changed my opinion about ingesting coconut oil.  I was all excited about how good wilderness family's was, and then I started to notice my extremities being colder than normal, and my stomach hurting at odd times and an overall decline in well being.   I stopped cold turkey and things are back to normal.     So, appreciation to those here, including Iguana who warned about eating processed foods.    What also convinced me was at the end of my trials, I tried eating it plain, just to see how much I would enjoy.  I couldn't get past the second teaspoon before my body was complaining of the taste.  Before I had always eaten it with something else, and couldn't tell the Stop my body was experiencing.     My advice now, go lightly on coconut oil, and as others have suggested, focus on animal fats. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 08:58:01 am »
I use coconut oil as a massage oil - actually, it's the only thing I put on my skin. Not that I need anything on my skin, but I do self-massage daily because sometimes a woman wants a little pampering. I've eaten it in a pinch while traveling, but it's not really much fun as a food - really good coconut oil tastes and smells great at the first bite, but then it fades immediately.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 09:19:16 am »
I have completely changed my opinion about ingesting coconut oil.  I was all excited about how good wilderness family's was, and then I started to notice my extremities being colder than normal, and my stomach hurting at odd times and an overall decline in well being.   I stopped cold turkey and things are back to normal.     So, appreciation to those here, including Iguana who warned about eating processed foods.    What also convinced me was at the end of my trials, I tried eating it plain, just to see how much I would enjoy.  I couldn't get past the second teaspoon before my body was complaining of the taste.  Before I had always eaten it with something else, and couldn't tell the Stop my body was experiencing.     My advice now, go lightly on coconut oil, and as others have suggested, focus on animal fats.

I read somewhere a while back it has something to due with the MCTs being an irritant to our gut. Ill have to find the article for you later.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 04:08:44 am »

did u ever try home made fresh coconut cream or milk ?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 10:00:42 am »
Yes,, and if you care to try,,  finely shred or grind  coconut meat so that you can such the 'milk' out of it discarding the pulp..  You'll most likely notice, as I did, that it's only palatable for only so many mouthfuls.   So easy to take in more when it already sitting in a cup ready to swallow down.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 12:18:22 am »
I go off and on coconut oil. Grassfed fats are nearly impossible to find. Frankly I'm not sure which is worse, coconut oil or conventionally raised tallow. Been eating butter but that's probably no better... even worse since it's pasteurized.  At this point I'm about to give up and just start using conventionally raised tallow. It tastes ok but I just don't like the idea of consuming it, knowing most of the stuff that's not good for you is stored in the fat. I guess it's time to call all of the butchers and look on the internet for a source of grass fed tallow for the hundredth time. Who knows I might get lucky this time...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 12:40:02 am by surfsteve »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk