Author Topic: Had some raw beef chunks tonight.  (Read 2871 times)

Offline WeaselWoman

• Forager
    • View Profile
Had some raw beef chunks tonight.
« on: January 28, 2015, 03:18:58 pm »
I liked it, and my family allowed me to eat it. I am still new to this and I know I need to get grass fed sources, but it was a curiosity tasting thing. My dog and cat were all over me, thinking it was theirs since they eat raw themselves.

So, I still have a lot of these little beef chunks, so how do I store it? Freeze it? Can it sit in the fridge? Should I put it in a new package or container.

I'm going to butcher some roosters on Saturday and I'm thinking on eating their organs. I have never eaten an organ straight from a freshly killed carcass before, so can I do that or should I wash and leave overnight? These are naturally raised roosters I own myself who eat just about everything lol.

I'm sorry I have so many questions lol!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Had some raw beef chunks tonight.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:55:09 pm »
there are many topics to search here which explains storage in depth, do a search.  the basic method would be to put them on a natural plate(ceramic, glass, wood) and let them sit in the open air in your clean refrigerator.  you can turn them once a day so all sides have access to oxygen.  they should stay red and dry a bit as they age.

i have found that letting organs age, in the same way as described above, helps to mellow the flavor. 

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 12:24:57 pm »
I let my meat stain in the plastic from the store, I love fresh meat and cant stand aged meat and it turns dry and taste bad ofcorse this is my opinion,
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

Offline WeaselWoman

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 02:55:41 pm »
I have not tried aged yet, but mine is in the plastic still. I am on fresh meats for now. I ate more raw meat tonight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk