Author Topic: Baldness American indians  (Read 95381 times)

Offline amadeus777999

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Baldness American indians
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2020, 09:31:54 pm »
Things that I could observe that went in tandem with hair loss was dandruff and diminished sensitivity in the zones where the hair is waning. I first noticed this in my early 20ies, accelerated by lots of stress, and never really payed much attention to it since I have been shaving from the age of 16 onward due to it fitting my face better than other hairstyles.

These things had evaded my mind until I came across a post(on 4chan a few months ago) that pointed out these symptoms stating that hair-loss may be  (despite other contributing factors) a side effect of the underlying tissue becoming "tense" and thus preventing circulation.
I thought this sounded quite strange but after checking on myself I could, again, feel that the regions with hair were warm and sensitive while the bald sections appeared way colder and were practically numb. Since I had neck issues I also started to train my neck which after some time made sensitivity slowly return on my upper head. I also started to massage the head in the morning and the evening... not thinking much of it.

After around 150-170 days some hair has returned even on parts that where blank. The hair seems to slowly grow back but it's still not that much to make a "fuzz" about it. I'll see what has aspired in another 200 days. Nonetheless this has been a very interesting experiment so far.

Regarding looks - it's always better to have hair. Having hair doesn't mean that you have to let it grow... if it fits shave it off and wear a nice "shadow" which complements your skull. To me having less hair on your head, no matter the length, is a bit of a visual cue for diminished vitality.

Offline Sol^Sa

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Baldness American indians
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2020, 04:33:21 pm »
As regards baldness, there are so many variables. I mean, Europeans are more likely to experience baldness, yet they are not necessarily less healthy than asians, say. Native Americans, being Asians, do have a genetic advantage re warding off baldness, but this has nothing to do with health.

One other consideration:- it is generally viewed by anthropologists that  neoteny(having childlike features when adult) is a sign of increasing evolution. Since neoteny involves less body hair(body hair is a sign of maturity/adulthood) one could even argue that baldness is an evolutionary advantage re increased neoteny.

I disagree. My point of view is that based on your health/nutrition status different bodies/genetics prioritize different body parts to maintain/nourish. I mostly agree with Weston Prices  research because of my own observations too for example I think he was right about gracilization and lengthening of the body. I had that point of view before reading the book.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk