Author Topic: Eggs- women vs men  (Read 6434 times)

Offline CuredMeat

• Forager
    • View Profile
Eggs- women vs men
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:06:25 am »
For those of you who eat raw eggs rocky-style (or who have eaten eggs this way), do the men find them more palatable than women?  For some reason I still cannot eat the eggs rocky-style-- I gag every time.  I'm still blending them into shakes (which I know changes their structure, etc, but it's the best I can do now).  I don't know if people are familiar with Dr. Mercola... he recommends eating similar to Weston-Price style.  In his practice he says he has noticed that women have more trouble eating the raw eggs rocky-style than men.  Just wondering if others find this to be true as well and any suggestions for overcoming my reflex. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Eggs- women vs men
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 08:24:23 pm »
By rocky-style, I presume you're referring to the films by sylvester stallone? Which presumably means popping the liquid contents of the raw eggs into my mouth? if so, I have no issues with that.

I don't think women have particular issues with that. Perhaps it's just that women prefer making recipes, even with a raw diet, rather than just eating a single food "neat" on its own.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

JaX

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:33:46 am »
It might be social conditioning that women find certain things, such as raw egg yolks, to be "yucky"..

Have you tried just eating the egg yolks without the egg whites... just separate them... mix the egg yolk with some saliva in your mouth and feel the taste of it... the egg white tastes bad IMO while the egg yolk is delicious.

Satya

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 03:45:43 am »
It might be social conditioning that women find certain things, such as raw egg yolks, to be "yucky"..

Have you tried just eating the egg yolks without the egg whites... just separate them... mix the egg yolk with some saliva in your mouth and feel the taste of it... the egg white tastes bad IMO while the egg yolk is delicious.

I agree.  I don't mind whole raw egg mixed in meat, but for plain eggs, yolk is best.  Besides, that is where most of the nutrition is.

Offline CuredMeat

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 11:52:02 am »
OK, thanks... maybe I'll just try the yolk next time. 
I thought Dr Mercola was on to something when he said his female patients have a harder time eating the raw eggs than the male ones.  Perhaps women are more susceptible to social conditioning for some reason?  When talking to men about switching to eating all raw, I find that men seem to have an easier time transitioning... perhaps it's just the women and men I've spoken to, and not reflective of the population at large. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 06:49:47 pm »
OK, thanks... maybe I'll just try the yolk next time. 
I thought Dr Mercola was on to something when he said his female patients have a harder time eating the raw eggs than the male ones.  Perhaps women are more susceptible to social conditioning for some reason?  When talking to men about switching to eating all raw, I find that men seem to have an easier time transitioning... perhaps it's just the women and men I've spoken to, and not reflective of the population at large. 

Not necessarily. Women are more health-oriented than men so they should be more interested in a raw  diet. Judging from the number of female-sounding usernames of members on the other rawpaleodiet forum, I suspect that slightly over half of all Raw Animal Foodists are women. It's just that the men tend to be more likely to post.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 09:11:56 pm »
I tell all my clients to pierce the skin of the yoke of the eggs, also had some cayenne pepper, curcumin, tumeric, into a salt pepper shaker & sprinkle, avoid mixing, sprinkle on top only

I've had complete newbies eat raw eggs & loving it.

I've also had great results getting complete newbs to eat raw meat by caking the meat with chilli powder, turmeric & curcumin & dipped lightly in raw cream or raw butter.... tastes amazing

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk