Author Topic: Yellow eyes from mono years ago - treatable?  (Read 4301 times)

Offline JFetter

• Forager
    • View Profile
Yellow eyes from mono years ago - treatable?
« on: March 24, 2015, 05:30:40 am »
I had mono around 10 years ago, and around that time I noticed a yellowing of the skin and the whites of my eyes.
I remember my practitioner telling me that my bilirubin counts were high in my blood, and this was normal with mono.

After I recovered, my bilirubin were still higher than normal, but my doctor didn't seem worried because my liver was back in it's proper location.

After all these years I don't think of it much any more.... but occasionally people will ask why my eyes are yellow.
It's annoying and unattractive.
Any ideas?   ;)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Yellow eyes from mono years ago - treatable?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 05:42:34 am »
Contact this guy. http://eyology.com/eyology/

His name is Leonard Mehlmauer, ND (ret.) and her name is Nenita ?

They do sclerology (Diagnosing with the whites of the eyes) as well as other things and are very knowledgable.

I could look it up, but it would take me quite awhile. I do believe it is reversible. Are you on a raw diet? THat should certainly be a big help.
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:39:56 am »
I had a very similar experience years ago after a prolonged mono infection.

In my case I believe that my spleen, pancreas and liver where somehow damaged, causing slightly elevated bilirubin count, slightly elevated blood sugar, and extremely elevated eosinophil's. My liver was congested and I wasn't producing enough enzymes to digest my food, nor was I producing enough insulin to keep my blood sugar down. I also had slight yellowing of the eyes, cronic organ pain and often woke up with eye pain.

I think mono was not the primary cause of my illness, that I would say was most likely due to poor diet and lifestyle choices,...but it may have been the straw that broke the camels back, and the damage it caused made it nearly impossible to recover without some drastic changes.

My spleen hurt for over 4 years after the first symptoms, and I later found out that I was infested with blood parasites, which a healthy spleen would normally filter out. These blood parasites can also cause liver issues as well, so if you are still having the symptoms years after the initial infection, I would suggest you get a nutritional blood analysis to see for yourself the overall condition of your blood health as well as to rule out blood parasite infection.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline JFetter

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 07:36:54 pm »
Thank you for the replies.
I'll see if my family doctor can perform a nutritional blood analysis.

It's funny you mention eye pain - Along with yellow eyes.. I've noticed the last winter or so that I have an incredible eye sensitivity to wind and cold. 
And for that matter light too.

If I'm working outside on a  cold windy day, (especially if there is snow on the ground and sunlight is reflecting) my eyes instantly start tearing up and burning.
Many times it will continue even after I've gone indoors, and sometimes wake up with the burning eyes.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 08:37:12 am »
I would suspect that you would be better off not going to a regular Doctor. Just my opinion, but I would try to find an alternative Doc for the blood analysis as ST suggested or maybe one that does live blood analysis.
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:16:45 am »
Agreed, most mainstream medical doctors will not even know what a nutritional blood analysis is, and the alternative health clinic where I had mine done years ago was raided by the FEDs and told that they couldn't do the finger pricks because they were not a licensed facility and so couldn't draw blood or some other B.S.

You may have to look around to find a place that still offers them, but its worth it. They can also look at the blood profile to see other markers of health like deficiency ,yeast overgrowth, bacterial infection and high triglycerides. Though I will warn you many of those places may offer you herbal and vitamin based remedies that aren't any count! But if you could get the test done and bring the results here, I would have a better idea as far as what advice to give you.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk