Author Topic: Paleo Life Box - a new monthly subscription for paleo snacks  (Read 4587 times)

Offline Paleo Life Box

• Forager
    • View Profile
Paleo Life Box - a new monthly subscription for paleo snacks
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:00:13 pm »
Hi, everyone! I launched a service called Paleo Life Box last month and I'm just trying to get the word out to people that might find it useful.

Paleo Life Box (paleolifebox.com) is a healthy box of paleo snacks designed for people with busy lifestyles and delivered to them on a monthly basis. Paleo people are always looking for new snack foods because it helps keep the diet and lifestyle fresh, but as with most types of nutritious snacks, discovering and trying them is not always easy or affordable. Paleo Life Box takes the legwork out of that by sending members a box of 9 to 10 different products each month, hassle free.

I'm new to the community, but we're really interested in feedback so I figured this was a great reason to finally create an account. Please let me know what you think!

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Paleo Life Box - a new monthly subscription for paleo snacks
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:16:14 pm »
No offense, but this is a raw paleo forum. I know your just trying to make money but this isn't the best site for your products. Websites like marksdailyapple or cavemanforum will get you orders not this one
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 12:17:30 pm »
I didn't mean to sound rude if I did because I'm not trying to be, just this specific forum won't have many people ordering or checking it out.
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 05:57:05 pm »
I remember the exact same kind of advertisement for "paleo snack box" on this forum some time ago. It's probably the same company.  Moderators already banned them once, so maybe they'll find their way out on their own this time.

I'm not against advertisement of potentially useful products, even if it might be against the forum rules, but this sounds more like commercial relentlessness.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:13:40 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 08:28:55 pm »
I visited the website and this looks like an advertising scam. The gist of the business model is that the company gathers "paleo" snacks from other companies and provides 8-10 per month in their box. You don't get to choose what you get. I put the term "paleo" in quotation marks because, from what I can tell, all of the snacks are heavily processed and come packaged. There's nothing paleo about this product really; people in the paleolithic era would not have eaten anything like this. The $25-30 you pay each month doesn't even look like it buys you a substantial amount of food. The packages they show look like sample-sized snacks, like what you'd get for free from a vendor at a grocery store.

Paleo Life Box looks like a rip off to me. I hope potential customers find this thread when they do internet searches for the company's name and avoid buying the company's products.

Offline Paleo Life Box

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 09:41:17 pm »
You concluded that we're running a scam based on a few pictures of the snacks we sent out last month? Now that's a little unfair, isn't it Eric? Full disclosure here, paleo products are expensive and after shipping our cost per box is at least $30 so I'm not quite sure how we're the big racket you make us out to be.

Additionally, what we offer is a great deal for anyone who wants to try out a variety of high-quality, paleo-friendly snacks all at once. If you were to price out the 9 to 10 snacks individually, you'd be looking at around $45 shipped. Again, not sure how saving a certain segment of paleo people (the kind that like to have a granola bar in the gym bag, for instance) money makes us bad guys.

Regarding the previous ban comment... we literally just launched last month lol.

Regardless, I apologize for marketing our box to the wrong community. Mods, feel free to delete this thread if necessary.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 09:54:22 pm »
Regarding the previous ban comment... we literally just launched last month lol.

Right, my bad. It was an advertisement for another company called "Monthly Paleo snack box".

Monthly Paleo: Healthy Snack Box To Help You Stay Fit

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 09:57:01 pm »
I get the impression that this is a scam, too. There is nothing authentically "paleo" about simply eliminating grains, legumes, sugars, and chemicals. Seasoning and processing are not paleo, either. Defending the price of your monthly selection does nothing to justify using the word "paleo" to describe its contents.

Pardon me if I, too, got my impression from the picture of last month's contents, but isn't that how you are advertising your product?

Paleolithic diet derives from true ancestral eating patterns. Everything you offer - packaged snacks - is pure 20th and 21st century. I am writing this to inform people who read your post here that there is a wonderful, healing paleolithic-type diet to be found in whole, ancestral foods.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 04:03:35 am »
Spammer begone!

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 12:31:17 am »
You concluded that we're running a scam based on a few pictures of the snacks we sent out last month? Now that's a little unfair, isn't it Eric?

I don't think it's unfair at all. I made a judgment based on the information I had available, and I have every right to do that. I also have the right to share my opinion in public forums like this, and the forum has every right to keep your SPAM here along with my and other's reactions to it for the world to see in perpetuity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk