Author Topic: Raw fat  (Read 6806 times)

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Raw fat
« on: April 14, 2015, 07:22:57 pm »
I generally eat really light during the day before having a large dinner. I have a protein shake for breakfast, and eat fruit and juices and nibble on nuts until the afternoon or dinner. I started eating this way due to digestive problems/fatigue and its the only diet that helps. I haven't yet tried the raw primal diet though so Id like to start eating raw fat during the day to see if that helps  Ive replaced my breakfast wpi shake with raw milk, eggs, cream and butter (to good effect), but i would like to try replacing the energy I receive from nuts and fruit during the day, with raw fat. Is this practical? I was just going to ask my butcher for pasture raised organic lamb fat trimmings. I want the fat from all parts of the body. I believe i have gallbladder problems so i don't think i have digested fat properly for years and i suffer from major deficiencies.

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw fat
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 03:59:56 pm »
I just went to the butcher and ordered 500 grams of lamb fat trimmings. Problem is, there is very little fat on them. Would I be better off asking the butcher for beef or pork fat?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 10:49:24 pm »
Yes, generally. Beef and pork have a lot more fat on them. The pork is probably not worth eating, though, because of the high-grain diet the pigs are probably fed.  The beef needs to be grassfed.

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 12:54:36 am »
Yes, generally. Beef and pork have a lot more fat on them. The pork is probably not worth eating, though, because of the high-grain diet the pigs are probably fed.  The beef needs to be grassfed.

Is it ok to eat the raw fat during the day like I would a handful of nuts?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 01:02:00 am »
Is it ok to eat the raw fat during the day like I would a handful of nuts?

Definitely, as long as you find that it works for you. Do what works.

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 12:18:07 pm »
Definitely, as long as you find that it works for you. Do what works.

Ive got a problem eating too much beef/dairy. If i can find some free range and organic pork, would it be ok to eat that fat?  Probably just 100 -150 grams a day to replace my 100 grams of nuts

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 12:59:59 pm »
Dairy may be the big issue with you, when I did dairy it would give me liver congestion and gallbladder pains, you may want to try and eliminate it from your diet for a few weeks and replace it with quality fatty meats to see if there is improvement.

Id be wary of pork fat, unless you knew for a fact it wasn't given commercial feed. Most free range/ organic pork is heavily loaded with GMO grains, and other very questionable quality processed feed.

Where are you located?

There are usually ways to find local producers in your area that may be able to supply the quality of fat you would need to thrive.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 01:23:43 pm »
Dairy may be the big issue with you, when I did dairy it would give me liver congestion and gallbladder pains, you may want to try and eliminate it from your diet for a few weeks and replace it with quality fatty meats to see if there is improvement.

Id be wary of pork fat, unless you knew for a fact it wasn't given commercial feed. Most free range/ organic pork is heavily loaded with GMO grains, and other very questionable quality processed feed.

Where are you located?

There are usually ways to find local producers in your area that may be able to supply the quality of fat you would need to thrive.

Yes, excess dairy does give me problems, but its so tasty and readily available. Beef gives me the same problems. Its like a beef protein allergy. Its weird. I can eat moderate amounts without a problem, but thats why I want fat from pork or another source to avoid excess beef/dairy. And yes, that's exactly what i want to do: eliminate it from my diet for a few weeks and replace it with quality fatty meats. Its just so hard to find.

Is eating avocados and stone pressed olive oil any assistance in healing, or is the raw animal fat the real prize?

I live in Brisbane. Im calling a farmer tomorrow to see what he can do to help me.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 08:45:47 pm »
Ive got a problem eating too much beef/dairy. If i can find some free range and organic pork, would it be ok to eat that fat?  Probably just 100 -150 grams a day to replace my 100 grams of nuts

It is extremely difficult to find pork worth eating these days. If you can, great. I LOVE pork fat.

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 10:36:31 pm »
It is extremely difficult to find pork worth eating these days. If you can, great. I LOVE pork fat.

Is it ok to eat fat/skin from free range organic chickens?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 10:46:02 pm »
Look, raw pork and raw chicken are  almost always nutrient-poor. The only benefit they have is that they do not contain most of the heat-created toxins derived from cooking. However, even grainfed pork and grainfed chicken, however raw, contain c.half as much in the form of advanced glycation end products(toxins) as the amounts thereof found in the cooked versions. Animals eating an unnatural diet, however raw, will inevitably experience a lot of inflammation in their bodies, as a result.

If you have no other option, by all means buy those.But keep on looking for healthier alternatives.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk