Author Topic: I bought a house!  (Read 5089 times)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I bought a house!
« on: March 26, 2009, 01:07:44 am »
An offer I made on a house just got accepted today. So now I have to sign some contracts and settlement is set for May 7th. Hopefully I can have some raw paleo people over for raw paleo parties soon. Anyone in the Philly/South Jersey area?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: I bought a house!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 07:28:21 am »
Cool make sure you check that everything on the final inspection eg all the lights work , oven :D works etc and they don't take light fittings, blinds or what ever when they move.

You can also put conditions in the contract that certain things need to be fixed or carpets need to be professionally cleaned etc. These extra's can be pretty handy especially if the seller's keen.

I bought some gold and silver yesterday. So far so good but after the discussion on here my enthusiasm has waned!
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 09:02:48 am »
I got off the metals fad recently. If I bought when I first got interest and sold on the high point a few months ago I would have made a killing, but as it is now I think prices are going down a little bit. I would put money into the stock market (soon) as all this stimulation bs is taking place and will artificially boost that. And then when you see the inevitable fall coming again from over printing of money and other unsustainable economic policies, switch over to metals. If you time it right you could make a killing every boom and bust cycle. I seem a boom cycle coming in maybe a year from now and lasting about 5 years.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:41:15 am »
I'm skipping the chance of the stock market being stimulated and waiting for a further fall in the world economy. Then get back into the property market. I'm taking a small risk  I can handle it if things go pear shaped. There's plenty of people making a killing all the time I'm just not rich enough to be in on it.

I will buy a commercial property when the recession really hits here. I think thats the way to go. Something small like a industrial unit close to a major road.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

JaX

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 03:45:35 am »
An offer I made on a house just got accepted today. So now I have to sign some contracts and settlement is set for May 7th. Hopefully I can have some raw paleo people over for raw paleo parties soon. Anyone in the Philly/South Jersey area?

Congrats!

Count me in if you are having a party ;)

If I'm ever in that part of the country I'll let you know.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 09:35:15 am »
congrat's kyle!! 

when's the raw paleo party?!? :D

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 12:34:35 am »
Whenever anyone comes over anytime after May 7th.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 02:27:20 am »
Whenever anyone comes over anytime after May 7th.

Kyle,
Your not leveraging this opportunity very well.  You should be announcing a Paleo Moving Party so that others will come over and do all the heavy lifting while you point and tell them where to put the sofa - raw burgers "protein style" for all who come!

Lex

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 08:52:41 am »
That would be nice. Seems a little late to organize anything like that, and actually I'm not doing one big move in but something more gradual, as my stuff is at my mom's house and I'm not having to vacate right away.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 08:23:12 am »
Lex, brilliant!  A bunch of raw paleo men to help with the move... I must buy a house soon!  ;D

Well, that won't be 'til forever from now, but I'll get started on practicing pemmican just in case ;)

I would be so excited to meet someone from here!!!

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 10:38:07 am »
You're in D.C. right? I think that's about a two hour drive to here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk