Author Topic: Anyone eats raw meat in secret to their family?  (Read 4586 times)

Offline CravingRawMeat

• Forager
    • View Profile
Anyone eats raw meat in secret to their family?
« on: May 15, 2015, 06:06:56 pm »
39yo Male 6'2"(188) 165lbs(75kg)

I want to build some mass while dropping belly fat. I first got interested in eating raw around 10 years ago while browsing Mercola.com
I used to drink raw milk but dropped it due to high carb content. Recently I came across information that some old BB era gurus recommended three dozens on raw fertile eggs a day for most anabolic effect.

I eat raw eggs up to a dozen a day, occasionally indulge in salted/marinated/cured fish, sashimi, homemade salted bacon.
Recently added raw chicken thigh, breast and liver.

Looking for information to add more raw animal foods to my diet.
Looking for safe, convenient and palatable ways/recipes.

My wife does not support me in eating raw meat (actually she is strongly opposed) but doesn't mind raw eggs and milk for myself and our children.
Any ideas how consume raw meat on the go or otherwise not obvious fashion?

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone eats raw meat in secret to their family?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 08:40:37 pm »
Take 450g (1 lb) of ground beef (or any other meat you like of any type), and mix it well with 175ml (3/4ths cup) lemon juice. Within 5 minutes it will look as if it's cooked, but isn't. Lemon juice produces a similar effect to your stomach acid, so in fact the meat will be predigested and be more easily digested, as acidic bacteria will have an easier time consuming it, which means it will be easier for you to extract the nutrients. You can tell your wife that the lemon juice "cooks" the meat and kills the harmful bacteria, if that will get her to stop nagging you about it, until she sees the benefits in your health.

Then you can add things for flavoring if you want, such as chopped garlic, onions, ginger, hot peppers, horseradish... Goes well with eggs mixed in as well, but add the eggs after the protein in the meat is already denatured by the lemon juice, because the eggs will stick to the meat and separate some of the lemon juice out. If you don't like the meat to be so acidic, you can do this and then throw away the lemon juice, but I recommend you have it also because it will contain plenty of nutrients.

Add more lemon juice if you want the process to go faster, so if you use 350ml (1.5 cups) for example, all the protein will be denatured in a matter of seconds. If you add less, it will take longer. You can do it overnight in the fridge if you want to use very little lemon juice. Experiment and see how little you can get away with, if you want. I don't have the patience and don't mind the lemon juice, but you might. Leaving it overnight will help the acidic bacteria to start working, so it's good.

I think marinated beef tastes the best when combined with lots of chopped tomatoes, red bell pepper and onions, but I rarely do this because I believe that so much alcalinity from the bland fruits (tomato and red bell pepper) will interfere with the digestion of the meat, which requires an acidic environment, and so you won't get as many nutrients from it as you could otherwise.

As I said above, the same will work with any other meats, whether it's red meat, poultry or fish. If you don't grind them, it will take considerably longer, depending on the type of meat. Sliced beef may take up to 48hs for the lemon juice to fully marinate it to the point where it doesn't look rare. Sliced fish fillets would go considerably faster than beef.

Once made, this should last you at least 4 days in the fridge, usually a week or more. Especially if you don't mix in the eggs until the moment before eating it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:55:58 pm by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline CravingRawMeat

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 10:10:42 pm »
Thanks!

Take 450g (1 lb) of ground beef (or any other meat you like of any type), and mix it well with 175ml (3/4ths cup) lemon juice.

Can I substitute lemon juice with vinegar?

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 11:42:15 pm »
I haven't tried that, but it will probably work. Try and get truly raw apple cider vinegar or another truly raw vinegar (or make it yourself). I personally hate the taste of vinegar (though I only ever tried pasteurized vinegar), but if you like it better it's up to you.

Others here believe vinegar isn't paleo (which I don't agree with, but yeah, you might want to consider that... here's more on that www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/how-are-you-able-to-substain-this/)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:50:04 pm by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 02:31:35 am »
When buying raw apple cider vinegar, make sure that it has "mother of vinegar" in it, which is bacteria which helps to add extra flavour to the vinegar.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 02:36:18 am »
To impress the wife, go to Japanese sashimi restaurants and order raw fish dishes for yourself. The idea being to show her that eating raw meat in public is socially acceptable. Some ethnically-oriented restaurants(usually french, hungarian and russian?)  offer raw steak tartare. And there are other national raw meat dishes such as ceviche in Peru, beef carpaccio, prosciutto crudo from italy, surstroemming in Scandinavia etc. etc. Making your own raw dried beef jerky is another option. It lasts a long time, so can be taken on long journeys without it smelling.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk