Author Topic: Palaeolithic-era australian aborigine cave-painting of megafauna  (Read 1508 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-05-31/megafauna-cave-painting-could-be-40000-years-old/847564

Fascinating depiction of Australian palaeolithic-era megafauna. I find the Aboriginal cave-paintings to be as good as the European ones.

Interestingly, on another site, I found a reference to more recent data suggesting that the Aborigines settled Australia at least as far back as 60,000 years ago, maybe more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Palaeolithic-era australian aborigine cave-painting of megafauna
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 04:20:32 pm »
From what I understood they took dogs with them. Were dingos domesticated or were they at one time?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Palaeolithic-era australian aborigine cave-painting of megafauna
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 06:25:22 pm »
They are supposed to have been domesticated in East Asia and then became wild as soon as they reached Australia.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk