Author Topic: Getting Animal tomorrrow. Help with cuts  (Read 2770 times)

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Getting Animal tomorrrow. Help with cuts
« on: May 26, 2015, 07:47:02 pm »
I mentioned in a previous thread that I was going deer hunting to obtain organic, naturally raised animal organs that are made unavailable in Australia due to the Draconian legislation. However, my hunting guide has kindly told me about someone who will provide me with these organs without the expensive and effort of hunting.

The referrer just called me and asked what exactly it is I want as its an odd request and most of these cuts are just binned. I was a little caught off guard and said that I basically want all the organs. I was then told I really need to be more specific and create a list as they are not really experts on butchering and could miss something (for instance the little thyroid or parathyroid gland).

Im making a list and was hoping others here could add to it so i dont miss anything. Im trying to obtain the most important glands.

Liver
Gallbladder
Pancreas
Small stomach
Large stomach
--------
Kidney
Adrenals
Small Intestine
Large Intestine
Thyroid
Parathyroid
Brain
Heart
Lungs
---
Blood
Bladder
Spleen

Maybe some bones and bone marrow
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:52:37 pm by marcuspaleo »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Animal tomorrrow. Help with cuts
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:08:14 pm »
eyes and tongue.

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:32:05 pm »
eyes and tongue.

Thanks Jessica. I will ask for that too.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 11:30:02 pm »
I have gotten the innards from someone else's hunt, so I am wondering why they want to separate out each organ and gland for you. That takes a bit of work and a lot of know-how in the case of the little glands. Do you have the option of getting all the innards in bags or buckets, plus the head and gonads? That way, although some organs might be missing (such as if they don't cut out the thyroid area), you'll be getting the lion's share.

I like lungs and trachea.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 07:59:09 am »
I have gotten the innards from someone else's hunt, so I am wondering why they want to separate out each organ and gland for you. That takes a bit of work and a lot of know-how in the case of the little glands. Do you have the option of getting all the innards in bags or buckets, plus the head and gonads? That way, although some organs might be missing (such as if they don't cut out the thyroid area), you'll be getting the lion's share.

I like lungs and trachea.

Thanks eve. I think thats what they are doing, or at least its what they should do. Im not sure. Ive never done this before so im just trying to cover all bases

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk