Author Topic: New Zealand Raw Lamb Meat Smells Really Good? Why?  (Read 3552 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
New Zealand Raw Lamb Meat Smells Really Good? Why?
« on: June 15, 2015, 10:37:21 pm »
I just bought some New Zealand Lamb Meat... the ribs... a whole row... and I opened the plastic and let it thaw in my refrigerator.

The curious thing about it is it is the BEST SMELLING raw meat I have ever smelled.

I am wondering why?

Do they spray anything on it?

Or is it just the way raw lamb meat is supposed so smell?

I assume coming from New Zealand it is grass fed.

What's your experience?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:21:10 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: New Zealand Raw Lamb Meat Smells Really Good? Why?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:05:37 am »
I have heard horror stories about NZ lamb being largely grainfed feedlot-style in the last few months prior to slaughter. On the other hand, the NZ lamb I bought at Waitrose supermarket in the UK  was OKish. Mind you, the free-range(and likely 100% grassfed) raw lamb's legs I bought from my local UK farmers' market(Marylebone LFM farmers' market in London) was the best tasting raw meat I have ever had other than some raw wild seafood I used to purchase. The white fat on that raw lamb was so succulent and tasty whereas the white fat on the 100% raw, grassfed beef I used to buy years ago tasted foul by comparison.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: New Zealand Raw Lamb Meat Smells Really Good? Why?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 09:52:33 am »
I've heard NZ lamb was not finished on grain but again it could be from different producers.
Australian lamb on the other hand is all grain finished.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk