Author Topic: Old folks  (Read 10626 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Old folks
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:23:58 am »
Good article. I imagine many raw paleo dieters have the potential for that kind of longevity.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 10:35:42 am »
Good stuff.
Must get to know more about our own old members in this forum.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 10:53:53 am »
I see the common thread again:

Morano has lived on her own ever since she left her husband in 1938 because he beat her.

...and again:

“She adored kids,” Judge said of her aunt, though Jones never had any children of her own and was married for only a few years.

I'm not drawing any conclusions. I'm jus' sayin'...
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 09:21:52 pm »
I see the common thread again:

...and again:

I'm not drawing any conclusions. I'm jus' sayin'...
2 late you for you, me, GS and TD LOL

I personally think that having a spouse and children enriched my life spectacularly.
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 07:53:14 am »
2 late you for you, me, GS and TD LOL

I personally think that having a spouse and children enriched my life spectacularly.

My idol 256 yrs old man https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Ching-Yuen

"...produced over 200 descendants during his life span, surviving 23 wives."

My hypothesis is that "nature's wisdom" sees you are still reproducing, so keeps on lengthening your life to cope with the job of raising these cute babies into wonderful people. 

Plus his healing skills and martial arts knowledge... and maybe different genetics, the man was 7 feet tall, must be some sort of Nephilim.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 12:16:22 pm »
It makes sense, in a way, for a male virgin  to live  longer than anyone else as Mother Nature would want it to reproduce and would therefore give it further time to achieve it. Whereas, in Nature, it is common for many species to die soon after giving birth. This does not seemingly apply to female virgins, though, unless this longevity  factor was prevalent in species long before the advent of Man, and certainly before the appearance of the menopause in humans. (I keep on thinking that the menopause is not useful at all, but just a harmful mutation caused by severe inbreeding at a time when humanity numbered only a few.)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 02:10:15 pm »
It makes sense, in a way, for a male virgin  to live  longer than anyone else as Mother Nature would want it to reproduce and would therefore give it further time to achieve it.

This does not make sense.  Is it a typo?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 06:34:03 pm »
This does not make sense.  Is it a typo?

Well, eveheart was supposing that a lack of marriage was the reason for those centenarians living so long. I had presumed that lack of a sexual relationship past a certain  point was the trigger,  since there was no mention of further relationships for these women with only a few years of marriage to one man being mentioned for each woman. That therefore, a lack of sex was the reason for staying alive longer. It makes sense if one looks at species such as Pacific salmon who are forced to migrate over vast distances over the oceans right up deep into rivers where they spawn multitudes of eggs and sperm before dying soon after. What I mean is that Mother Nature does not really have much use for an animal once it has produced enough offspring to make a new generation; after that it might as well die.

So, a male or female virgin, when young, might have its longevity/(or biological age) increased so that more of a chance existed that it could later on generate offspring. In the case of a man, men can still have offspring at the age of 90, after all.

This is vaguely related to something else I once talked about. Another member(CB?), once mentioned that  when he was very ill, pre-rawpalaeodiet, his libido was sky-high and he was randy to an unnatural extent, yet when he turned rawpalaeo, his libido became normal again. I had had the same experience. What we worked out was a possible theory, namely that Mother Nature desperately wants you to pass on your genes to the next generation, so, when you are a man and are very ill/near death, Nature forces you into having extreme desires for sex even though you are not necessarily in a fit state of health to indulge in such an action, so that you can have the possibility to pass on your DNA before you soon die. However, a woman who is very ill/near death will instead have her libido crash down to zero as feeling sexy might lead to pregnancy, and so, if the woman is very ill/near death, then Nature knows that the woman would likely die during pregnancy, so that it is not worth investing her with the opportunity to have sex.  Whereas, with a man, a man only has to spread his seed which takes rather a lot less than 9 months! Kooky theory, but it might have a point, and it seems logical at first glance.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 07:48:57 pm »
Our cultural joke amongst healers in the Philippines is that priests get sick with their prostates from extreme lack of use.  On the flipside, nuns get sick of breast lumps and uterus cysts from lack of use too.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 08:42:57 pm »
Our cultural joke amongst healers in the Philippines is that priests get sick with their prostates from extreme lack of use.  On the flipside, nuns get sick of breast lumps and uterus cysts from lack of use too.
Yes, studies show both are true. However, perhaps a huge amount of overuse also shows a negative?
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 09:32:11 pm »
Well, eveheart was supposing that a lack of marriage was the reason for those centenarians living so long.

I suppose nothing of the sort! As they say, "Correlation is not causation." I was merely observing (again) that many of the supercentenarian women that we have posted about here are cited as being single for most of their lives.

My own experience, single at 47 after raising a family, was "Free at last! Free at last! Lord Almighty, I'm free at last!" I find that there is a subtle freedom component of being single that goes a long way to increase one's sense of wellbeing and happiness, but I suppose some women are more inclined to find happiness in lifelong marital union.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 07:52:38 am »
Yes, studies show both are true. However, perhaps a huge amount of overuse also shows a negative?

If we take the 250 year old guy.  And guess that he was sexually active for 200 years of his life. If he had 200 kids, then he may have had 1 kid born every year.

I can safely assume us men need to have sex much more than once per year. 

So he most probably was not overusing his sexuality.

What is curious is how he financed all those kids.

Which means he was very good with money.

And the kids costed a lot less during his time.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 09:01:50 am »
I suppose nothing of the sort! As they say, "Correlation is not causation." I was merely observing (again) that many of the supercentenarian women that we have posted about here are cited as being single for most of their lives.

My own experience, single at 47 after raising a family, was "Free at last! Free at last! Lord Almighty, I'm free at last!" I find that there is a subtle freedom component of being single that goes a long way to increase one's sense of wellbeing and happiness, but I suppose some women are more inclined to find happiness in lifelong marital union.

Yes, I can imagine a real working house wife of several children and grand children would be very tired if she lived her life as just 1 wife and zero maids.

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 09:08:11 am »
There could be other factors besides sexual activity that come from being single. For instance sleeping alone. I for one have noticed a sharp decline in health, especially mental health, if I sleep too many nights next to someone.

I prefer to sleep alone as much as possible.

Gnawing on bones.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 09:23:21 am »
There could be other factors besides sexual activity that come from being single. For instance sleeping alone. I for one have noticed a sharp decline in health, especially mental health, if I sleep too many nights next to someone.

I prefer to sleep alone as much as possible.
There are a lot of PPL like that. Many reasons for it and generally has nothing to do with the partner.
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 09:44:30 am »
Yes, I can imagine a real working house wife of several children and grand children would be very tired if she lived her life as just 1 wife and zero maids.

I mentioned nothing about that kind of tiredness. I was a "real working housewife" with no maids, and I raised our own fruits and vegetables in a kitchen garden. That's the funny thing about different cultures - an inability to understand the other culture's point of view. For example, I can hardly imagine what  I would have maids do. Aside from a woman who deep cleans our houses twice a month, we do all the day-to-day cooking, cleaning, childcare ourselves (with a few machines for laundry and dishes).

I got tired of having someone around that I needed to compromise with. Even little things, like where do we want to go on vacation, are unpleasant to me when I want to be alone. I don't want someone else's "noises" in my space.

I didn't feel that way when I was younger, but I sure do now. I enjoy my children and grandchildren, but I like being without a partner.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 09:59:33 am »
Hmmm... my wife is like what Paper Clips and Eveheart prefer.  My wife does not like sleeping beside anyone.  Not even beside her own children.  She has her own single bed. I sleep in the adjacent house with my boys. And she likes going on her own vacations without me.  The difference with Eve is my wife does not do one iota of house work.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 04:19:48 pm »
I simply do not believe in people supposedly living to 250 - heck, even 130+ is deeply suspicious.  A lot of explanations have been made. For example, in places like China or Georgia(Caucasus not US), it was very common until recently to have fathers giving their sons their own names for several generations. With the near total lack of records in those days, it would be quite understandable to confuse a number of people with the exact same name and falsely assume that they were all the same person.

Genghiz Khan is supposed to have fathered at least 1,000 children, no doubt largely through rape.

I would be very leery of sleeping alone etc. Studies have shown that hugging and similiar physical closeness to other humans is essential for maintaining mental health as well as lowering blood-pressure, reducing negative emotions and improving general well-being. That is why there are now  many professional huggers or bed-mates who are willing to offer physical closeness to total strangers in exchange for cash.

" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 09:37:58 pm »
Hmmm... my wife is like what Paper Clips and Eveheart prefer.  My wife does not like sleeping beside anyone.  Not even beside her own children....

Heavens to Betsy, GS! Can't you read my posts without "repurposing" my words? I love to sleep with others; my grandchildren sleep in my bed every chance they get. Your wife is young enough to be my daughter, so she probably is nothing like me in terms of her preferences. I have no problem with what she likes, just don't reverse engineer my preferences to say that her preferences are like mine. Please.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk