Author Topic: Freshly squeezed juice is pasteurized  (Read 7726 times)

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Freshly squeezed juice is pasteurized
« on: July 29, 2015, 01:43:52 am »
Fruit is my main source of carbs and I love it. Ive been drinking top quality "freshly sqeezed, not-from-concentrate" juice for many years, as well as fresh carrot and beet juice from the store. Ive just found out that all the companies i buy from pasteurize their fruit juice. I knew juice concentrates were bad, but i just didnt think the "fresh orange juice with pulp", which was always a lot easier to digest and less disruptive on my blood sugar, would be pasteurized. I drunk only my own freshly made juice today and felt another step up in my health.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Freshly squeezed juice is pasteurized
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 01:48:48 am »
Everything packaged must be pasteurized by laws made by Coca Cola and other similar companies, that don't want any healthy products out there because it would threaten the appeal of their products.

If anyone sold you actual fresh, raw juice, they would make up a story about somebody who died and just happened to have had that juice, and sue and fine the raw juice company to the ground.

The only way to get someone to sell you fresh, raw juice is if they make it at the same store daily and it's too small and local for the big companies to consider it a threat and send in their thugs @ the govt "regulation" agencies.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 03:20:54 am »
I trust raw, freshly-squeezed juice to buy on the spot as I used to do in London, but I would always watch while they they squashed the raw fruits in the juicer beforehand. No pasteurisation  there.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 07:21:54 am »
i squeeze oranges and lemons, but i dilute them in water as a refreshing drink.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 07:24:39 am »
That sounds great, gs. I'll try that.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 08:46:14 am »
I never see them pasteurize freshly squeezed juices. They just squeeze from orange to your cup or push the carrots through a macerating centrifuge with your cup at the spout. Wouldn't it be hot if they pasteurized it?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 09:33:14 am »
Yes, I meant the packaged, refrigerated ones you get at the store. The ones that come from a bottling/packaging plant, or just simply the ones that are being made without you watching every single part of the process.

If it has a brand, that brand is something they can go after to shut down healthy alternatives.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 10:02:07 am »
I don't know who "they" are who are shutting down the healthy alternatives. In my area, the brand name freshly squeezed juices come from Jamba Juice or a bazillion other places, including many gyms, restaurants, and bars. All they need is a citrus juicer and a carrot juicer. Nobody seems to be shutting them down.

Bottled juices are not freshly squeezed. They are pasteurized so that they do not breed bacteria during shipment and storage prior to purchase. To see what I mean, try leaving some fresh juice out for a day or so and you will see mold colonies forming on the surface.

The freshest OJ, IMO, is the juice that you squeeze from orange sections with your teeth! When you deliver the juice directly to your mouth, the juice does not have time to oxidize (destructive to enzymes and vitamins) in the juicing machine.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 11:30:24 am »

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 11:36:10 am »
Bottled juices are not freshly squeezed. They are pasteurized so that they do not breed bacteria during shipment and storage prior to purchase. To see what I mean, try leaving some fresh juice out for a day or so and you will see mold colonies forming on the surface.

My point is that those mold and bacteria are not harmful in the least. If you ever had wine or anything else fermented, that's been subjected to thousands of times more mold and bacteria at room temperature, than what some raw juice may be subjected to in a few days of storage in refrigeration.

But of course, people die all the time, and then all these people have to do is find someone who died and just happened to have (or someone who's family claims they have) consumed the raw juice, and then they can blame the company who made it and put them out of business, or force them to start pasteurizing their products to make them just as unhealthy as everybody else's.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 11:44:39 am »
Odwalla brand is not freshly squeezed. The article is a good example of why I said that packaged, un-freshly squeezed juices must be pasteurized. The distribution time and shelf life is too long for the juice to stay safe, even under refrigeration.

E. coli can come from many sources, such as mouse droppings in the fields or poor handling during or after harvest. A speck of e. coli that has not been allowed to incubate in a sugary solution probably wouldn't cause illness. Breeding conditions after bottling can be ideal.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 12:13:13 pm »
Again, if that was a problem then everybody would die from all sorts of fermented raw foods, including wine, which is made by allowing very sugary raw grape juice+pulp to ferment at room temperature for long periods of time.

There are people who literally eat organic fecal matter and have no problem with the massive amounts of e.coli.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 01:19:49 pm »
I hear your passion, but I'm not sure what you are saying. You posted a topic calling packaged juice "freshly squeezed" and claiming that someone is shutting down juice bars. All sorts of packaged foods can be carriers of various bacterial hazards. Krauts and alcoholic ferments can go wrong, too.

Nevertheless, "freshly squeezed juice" gets pressed out of the plant's pulp and is not pasteurized if you drink it while it is still fresh.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 01:34:51 pm »
Eve, I think he was buying boxed juice and thought it was raw.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 09:27:09 pm »
Eve, I think he was buying boxed juice and thought it was raw.

He was buying bottled juice and calling it freshly squeezed, then complaining that freshly-squeezed juice was pasteurized in some plot to control or eradicate freshly-squeezed juices, then posting an article about E. coli outbreaks possibly linked to unpasteurized bottled juices. There's enough real crazy stuff in the food industry without making stuff up.

Offline lb_on_the_cb

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 11:08:16 pm »
Fruit is my main source of carbs and I love it. Ive been drinking top quality "freshly sqeezed, not-from-concentrate" juice for many years, as well as fresh carrot and beet juice from the store. Ive just found out that all the companies i buy from pasteurize their fruit juice. I knew juice concentrates were bad, but i just didnt think the "fresh orange juice with pulp", which was always a lot easier to digest and less disruptive on my blood sugar, would be pasteurized. I drunk only my own freshly made juice today and felt another step up in my health.

does it actually say "Fresh-squeezed" on whatever packaging though?

i used to buy Florida's Natural and other similar because they tasted better than those from conc like Minute Maid(taste terrible to me) but all i ever heard them say was "not from concentrate."  And ever since Odwalla i dont think there are any juices allowed to be sold in grocery stores that havent been pasteurized.   People that know a lot about nutrition typically say there is way too much sugar in orange juice anyway and even if its raw and fresh squeezed by yourself its supposedly still unhealthy.  They even say this about carrot juice fwiw :(

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 12:11:16 am »
does it actually say "Fresh-squeezed" on whatever packaging though?

i used to buy Florida's Natural and other similar because they tasted better than those from conc like Minute Maid(taste terrible to me) but all i ever heard them say was "not from concentrate."  And ever since Odwalla i dont think there are any juices allowed to be sold in grocery stores that havent been pasteurized.   People that know a lot about nutrition typically say there is way too much sugar in orange juice anyway and even if its raw and fresh squeezed by yourself its supposedly still unhealthy.  They even say this about carrot juice fwiw :(

That's why you should never drink high-sugar juices like carrot/Apple/pear/etc. straight. They should always be mixed with either pulp (to slow sugar absorption) or celery juice (or at least cucumber) or something similar. Celery is best because of its moderating effect on blood sugar.

Offline lb_on_the_cb

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 01:47:47 am »
That's why you should never drink high-sugar juices like carrot/Apple/pear/etc. straight. They should always be mixed with either pulp (to slow sugar absorption) or celery juice (or at least cucumber) or something similar. Celery is best because of its moderating effect on blood sugar.
yeah makes sense. 

i had celery juice one time and the next morning i woke up and felt like "wow i can really breathe"
not sure if that meant i was low in magnesium or maybe organic sodium?   i have to try that again.   i buy celery quite often when its around $1 ea but eating never has the same effect as juicing did.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk