7 (30.4%)
Ocasionally
4 (17.4%)
Rarely
7 (30.4%)
Never
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Do you use salt?  (Read 29891 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Do you use salt?
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2009, 10:46:19 pm »
I added salt to my meat tonight and my legs are really aching now and my feet have ballooned. Ouch.I havent had salt for a long time.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 03:46:19 am »
I added salt to my meat tonight and my legs are really aching now and my feet have ballooned. Ouch.I havent had salt for a long time.

I like to add just a very little (less than a teespoon) of sole to my drinking water once a day (I see salt in context with water and not with meat)- it kind of gives the water that special touch and does have it's benefits in our body (many functions in our body need sodium and chloride)! I noticed the glace I use gets a white crust from the alkaline ionized water I drink; when I put a little sole in the same glace it helps brake up that deposit. My thoughts are that we have many deposits in our system which could be eliminated/transformed with salt too (amongst all the other life essential properties salt has).

Your body will react - reacting does not have to be a negative - it is just a reaction.

Nicola

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2009, 06:16:08 am »
Anyone here tried the water and salt cure recipe at http://www.watercure2.org/mankind.htm as first written by Batmanghelidj ?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2009, 06:09:30 pm »

Yes, salt really does increase water-retention, so I'm not surprised. Beats me why anyone recommends salt. I can handle perhaps a pinch of it once in a great while, but it has similiar effects if more is consumed.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

carnivore

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2009, 07:07:17 pm »
Yes, salt really does increase water-retention, so I'm not surprised. Beats me why anyone recommends salt. I can handle perhaps a pinch of it once in a great while, but it has similiar effects if more is consumed.

Well, it would be interesting to see if on a zerocarb diet, salt still increases salt retention :

On  http://blog.zeroinginonhealth.com/?p=805 :

"...water lost on carbohydrate-restricted diets is a reversal of the sodium retention that takes place routinely when we eat carbohydrates. Eating them causes the kidneys to retain salt rather than excrete it. The body retains extra water to keep the sodium concentration of the blood constant."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2009, 09:38:49 pm »
Well, "Wodgina" is on zero-carb.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

carnivore

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2009, 10:18:06 pm »
Well, "Wodgina" is on zero-carb.

Was it refined or unrefined salt that caused water retention ?

Offline rafonly

• Buffalo Hunter
  • fpc=811
    • View Profile
dissolved salt
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2009, 01:52:07 am »

"I added salt to my meat tonight and my legs are really aching now and my feet have ballooned"

ahah!
this sounds pretty similar to what i reported earlier on this thread; here it is again after some editorial additions & subtractions:

salt comes, initially (even rock salt), from the ocean
in the sea, salt is always dissolved

therefore
the most natural way to take salt is to have it dissolved in water -- such as making a brine w/ deionzed water

why sea salt & not rock salt?
sea salt contains volatile elements that have long dried/died out from rock salt

1 advantage i've observed:
if i add dry salt crystals straight to my food (= raw meat), after a few days of such practice i start getting edema in my legs or face
if i eat the above-mentioned brine (oftentimes mixed w/ lemon juice & ground ginger) right before or along w/ my food, i enjoy the feasts & have no such edematic after-effect

incidentally (i'm adding this bit now) lemon, anionic as it is, helps eliminate excessive urea (acquired from raw meat food)

"time & gradient precede existence", me

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: dissolved salt
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2009, 04:33:35 am »

incidentally (i'm adding this bit now) lemon, anionic as it is, helps eliminate excessive urea (acquired from raw meat food)

What do you think did man do when he had no lemons?

http://www.newtreatments.org/reams

Nicola

William

Re: dissolved salt
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2009, 06:45:45 am »
the most natural way to take salt is to have it dissolved in water -- such as making a brine w/ deionzed water

In summer when I must do physical stuff in sweaty weather I must drink brine or be sick, so it depends on the circumstance.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2009, 10:24:08 am »
I should also mention I was in the ocean for about 3 hours that day but later on I craved a bit of salt so added it to my meat (not much) 2 to 4 hours later my legs started to really ache like growing pains when I was a kid then looked down and my feet were all swollen. They had gone down by the next day and the thought of adding salt to my food again the next day made me feel sick.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline rafonly

• Buffalo Hunter
  • fpc=811
    • View Profile
why lemon or brine?
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2009, 01:16:06 am »

after i wrote "incidentally (i'm adding this bit now) lemon, anionic as it is, helps eliminate excessive urea (acquired from raw meat food)" earlier in this thread, this reply came:

What do you think did man do when he had no lemons?

http://www.newtreatments.org/reams

good question
i sure wonder about this, myself

so here's a couple of tentative points that come to mind at the moment

differences between the cro-magnon & a current human being such as i
~ physiology
i tend to think that the saliva & other digestive fluids & enzymes of the cro-magnon were significantly different from mine
~ biosphere
i'm quite certain that the mineral profile in the (land & water) biosphere was significantly different back then -- minerals being indispensable for the optimal functioning of such glands & organs as the liver, adrenals, pancreas, intestines, kidneys, etc.

resources to process & eliminate the excessive urea that results from a raw meat meal
~ quality, quantity, timing of water drinking practices to optimize the kidneys work (which leads to urine flows into the toilet bowl or the peeing field)
~ quality, quantity, timing of the (raw or otherwise) meat eaten
the cro-magnon eat wooly mammoths & other fatty large animals
> a far cry from the goat carcasses you find today in any halal market or the chops, steaks, fillets, or ground beef sold, in the "fresh" or frozen condition, by grass-fed merchants

perhaps the lemon became needed & thus available only w/ the advent of the large-scale farming or herding enterprises? & the same applies to using a brine?
who knows!

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2009, 11:01:35 pm »
Well, it would be interesting to see if on a zerocarb diet, salt still increases salt retention :

On  http://blog.zeroinginonhealth.com/?p=805 :

"...water lost on carbohydrate-restricted diets is a reversal of the sodium retention that takes place routinely when we eat carbohydrates. Eating them causes the kidneys to retain salt rather than excrete it. The body retains extra water to keep the sodium concentration of the blood constant."

I used to hardly ever use salt, but..

This is about a year ago when I made the switch from raw vegan to raw animal foods.  I eliminated starch and most vegetation completely (it was summer, so I did eat strawberries occasionally from the farmers market, but that it's about all).  At the time I was drinking about a glass of raw milk with eggs (I hadn't had milk in about 10 yrs!) a day and raw goat cheese (no cheese for about 5 yrs).  I'd say my carbs were around 20-30%.  The only meat I was eating was beef from a local farmer...my intro to eating raw meat.  As a crutch (to eat raw), I added salt... kind of a lot of salt... it was celtice sea salt or that stuff from herbimare.  I expected to pay dearly in water retention, but that was my way to try raw meat.  Anyway, despite the dairy and added salt, I lost 8 pounds practically overnite!  It was awesome bc I was at exactly the bf I wanted to be for photo shoots and stuff and I didn't have to 'starve' to get there.

Soon enough, though, I liked my raw meat and did't 'need' the salt. Didn't notice any changes when I eliminated it (better nor worse).

And just recently I tried zc, but so far that's been a disaster.  Still working on it!... and so far without salt.

Offline rafonly

• Buffalo Hunter
  • fpc=811
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2009, 01:12:33 am »

funny
it so happens that a few weeks ago i totally lost my taste for lemon
so my food is 100% fruitless again

the 6-7 weeks i used lemons, however, were not a waste: i got rid of excess candida -- for several days in a row my stool turned into light brown/beige lumps that would smell like yeast & then overnight went back to its normal brown cylinders

yet this is not the end of my campaign for freedom from excess fungi

for 1 thing, the hawaiian sea salt i add to my drinking water & also sip (as a brine w/ added ground ginger) at eating time is not only a mineral supplement & a digestive aid, but also an antifungal

2nd thing: lemon is not the only anionic thing in the world; edible clay is also anionic
see:
http://www.californiaearthminerals.com/science/

so now, for me, it's hawaiian sea salt (always dissolved, never dry crystals), clay, wild harvested algae (fucus/bladderwrack)

every1 = an individual > some1's food = some1 else's poison

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk