Author Topic: blended vegetables digestion.  (Read 6352 times)

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
blended vegetables digestion.
« on: August 11, 2015, 06:47:17 am »
hi! i'm looking for some info on vegetables digestion.

i'm starting to eat vegetables again and i'm blending them (mix of different vegetables, like carrot, tomato, yellow pepper, cabbage, lettucce.)

why is blending suposed to improve digestion of "undigestible" things like lettuce for example? any toughts, scientific research, anything that i can look into?

is the "undigestible" matter, carb? protein? what is it?

for example, if i eat lettucce, i will shit it as it entered (if i not chewed well, it will come in pieces)

am i absorbing anything from it?

what are the differences between juicing and blending?

if i juice and strain, where is the protein? in the juice or in the pulp? and the minerals? i have read that minerals are "attached" to protein mostly (in the same molecule).

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: blended vegetables digestion.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 07:18:52 am »
The indigestible matter is the highly complex carb cellulose that forms the cell walls and structure of plant cells.

Dietarily it's called insoluble fiber. There are forms of fiber which are soluble, and usually these are considered pre-biotics.

I prefer to juice plants. I blend fruits, with eggs or dairy, but for the most part I only juice vegetables. Insoluble fiber isn't necessary in my experience and that's what's in the scraps after juicing. There's very little protein in plants, and it's not the same as the protein found in animal cells. The goods are in the juice.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 08:00:49 am »
is cellulose food for gut microbes? (it is not like RS?)

are there minerals/vitamins/nutrients, attached to the cellulose that need to be broken to be released and absorbed?

if you liquify cellulose containing foods, is that celulose being decomposed into glucose? and being absorbed?

what is the difference in the digestion of plant protein and animal protein?

i have heard that vegetables digestion is alkaline, i dont know if that is true.
and i have heard that animal digestion is acid, i dont know if that is true also.

but if they are so diferent, so must be the protein digestion.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:13:41 am by ciervo-chaman »

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 08:35:01 am »
I'm not sure why you're concerned with getting protein from plants. Why bother?

The juice contains everything that's absorbable from plants.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:30:55 am by actup90 »

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 08:59:29 am »
i have already read books of AV, and you seem to be repeating what he said.

i'm not sure that in all that pulp, there is "nothing" , cause i'm seeing it.

and i'm not concerned because i'm running out of proteins or something, is just i want to research. and experiment. why you bother why i bother?

i want to "know" how are the digestion process. mainly vegetable ones ,cause i have a garden, small one, i can't raise animals, but i can raise "nutrient-dense" vegetables, and take the most of them.

so, i need to know if i'm actually absorbing the nutrients that are suposed to be in that vegetables, or if i'm just wasting time and effort.

is it better to chew individually, or to blend and drink?

are you interested in discussin this topic?

"The juice contains everything that's absorbable from plants and more."

can you explain further? juice has even more than the full plant? how do you came to that conslusion?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:06:51 am by ciervo-chaman »

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 09:41:01 am »
By all means, experiment and explore to your heart's content. I sure did.

If you want to learn more about cellulose digestion, study the ruminant digestive process. (four stomachs, different microbes, regurgitation, etc)

If you garden, the cellulose would go great into a compost. Other than that you might be able to use it topically depending on the plant.

"The juice contains everything that's absorbable from plants and more."
can you explain further? juice has even more than the full plant? how do you came to that conslusion?

The point is that the human body is not able to generate energy from cellulose, nor is it able to access any of the micronutrients which are trapped within the cells. Juicing removes the cell walls, exposing the nutrients. Cooking is another way to expose the nutrients, by using heat to expand and rupture the cell walls.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:47:07 am by actup90 »

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 09:47:35 am »
cool, thanks!

i am researching cellullose human digestion, not ruminant one.

so, I will juice some vegetables, will dry the pulp, and then burn it. if there is no minerals, there will be almost no ash.

if there is ash left, i will return here to make more questions ^^

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 09:56:45 am »
so, talking about ruminant celulose digestion =)

they put grass on their mouth, chew, swallow, then microbes start eating, then chew agains, etc etc

would the microbes need so much time and chewing (and stomachs), if the grass would be liquified?

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 10:08:46 am »
so, I will juice some vegetables, will dry the pulp, and then burn it. if there is no minerals, there will be almost no ash.

It's not that there isn't anything there, it's that your body can't do anything with it, unless you first ferment it outside your body.

Even then it doesn't really help. If you want to make the most of it: rub the pulp on your skin, then put it in a compost bin.

so, talking about ruminant celulose digestion =)
they put grass on their mouth, chew, swallow, then microbes start eating, then chew agains, etc etc
would the microbes need so much time and chewing (and stomachs), if the grass would be liquified?

They chew it, digest it, regurgitate it, chew it up again, and then digest it with four stomachs. Poop it out, eat it again, and continue the cycle.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 10:15:49 am »

can the microbes from our gut, use and assimilate really fine textured celulose? (like the one from blending it for 30 seconds - 1 minute)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 10:31:55 am »

It's not liquefied, have you ever seen cow dung? It mostly clumped up grass. Their digestive process is terribly inefficient compared to ours.

can the microbes from our gut, use and assimilate really fine textured celulose? (like the one from blending it for 30 seconds - 1 minute)

No, because it's still cellulose. Cellulose is a molecule, blenders doesn't separate things on the molecular level.

Best you can do with a high quality blender is break the cell wall and expose the internal nutrients. But unless you filter out the cellulose after blending, like a juicer does, you're consuming cork matter. Probably great way to cause indigestion, and it most likely won't help you digest animal cells.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 10:40:24 am »
ok, "profesor" actup90

do you have always answer to everything? why dont you help to ask?

i don't know why you "answer" some of my questions. cause this, is not an answer : (It's not liquefied, have you ever seen cow dung? It mostly clumped up grass. Their digestive process is terribly inefficient compared to ours.)

i asked, IF it is liquified, would the microbes need as much space, and time and etc etc? if you are just bored, dont answer, i'm not looking for answers, looking for help to research.

"No, because it's still cellulose. Cellulose is a molecule, blenders doesn't separate things on the molecular level."

cows bacteria digest celulose, maybe our bacteria can, too. what is suposed to looks like, in my shit, the "undigested celulose" ?
i was asking if the microbes can use the celulose.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 11:10:33 am »
Back to your original question, my observation is that the "vegetarian" approaches of juicing (discarding the pulp) and blending (incorporated the pulp in a puree) are aimed at getting more nutrients than you could get by chewing all those vegetables. Kinda like the whole-foods version of megadoses of vitamins and/or minerals. The pulpy parts of the vegetables are almost an afterthought.

From an ancestral-eating perspective (which is my point of view), there is no reason to chow down on tons of liquid vegetable extract for the food value. No humans would have done that until recently.

From a therapeutic perspective, you might want to get all those nutrients from juices to see if you benefit from it. AV was into juicing for that reason; however, that level of highly-processing your food is a very modern approach, and it deprives you of the many benefits of chewing.

While you are experimenting, you might try "wadging" your veggies - chewing and swallowing the juices from a mouthful of veggies and then spitting out the pulp. The digestive enzymes in saliva will get mixed with your veggie juice, and that's a good thing.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk