Author Topic: Iconic raw-meat-eating scenes in films/TV+texts about eating raw meat  (Read 117403 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Iconic raw meat eating scenes in the movies/TV
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 06:49:23 pm »
In Babylon 5, aliens are sometimes shown eating raw and even live animal food. The Pakmara in that SF TV series  prefer eating rotting flesh above all else.They're shown in 1 scene by the Vorlon, I think, in a "moment of perfect beauty", implying that they are somehow saintly creatures, in a way.* Actually, now that I've had time to think about it, I think the people mentioned in that 1 scene were  just humans, though*).

What I love about science fiction tv shows like star trek and babylon 5 etc.often depicting aliens in the future eating raw animal foods is that it implies that raw-meat-eating is somehow at the pinnacle of future evolution and that the consumption of cooked-food is just a temporary, backward phase.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:45:34 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 05:10:18 pm »
Not TV or movie, but in the famous British SF comic 2000AD, the troggs in the undercity of MegaCity 1 are always depicted as eating raw meat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MaverickHunter40245

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 10:46:10 am »
Another video game example: A free downloadable game called Ancient Domains of Mystery.  Sure, it just uses ASCII text based graphics, but it's actually a very deep and complex game with many variables, and strangely addictive. Objects and characters are represented with letters and symbols.  For example, gold is represented with a yellow $, the player character is represented with a white @, water in lakes or rivers is represented with a blue =, food is represented with a % (Different colors for different foods. For example, raw meat uses a red %, an apple uses a green %), and enemies and other characters are represented with different letters of the alphabet.  The download is here.  There are Windows, DOS, Linux, and Mac versions.  Make sure you download the right one.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 12:48:45 pm »
There is also a scene showing drying carbou meat and rendering the fat; I don't remember this as having been described by Stefansson.
Yep, this is called pemmican and Stephansson wrote about it.
"The Snow Walker" is the film based on Farley Mowat's book, not Stephansson
Re this movie - I find that Inuk actress, Anabella Piugattuk, very apealling, cute
I would definitely like to get to know this kind of woman - she is so different from sly and unnatural women, which live nowadays in our countries
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 05:49:07 am »
There's a song about the fictional TV show "psycho dad" from the TV series "Married With Children", where there's a vague mention of eating raw:-

"Who is the tall, dark stranger there.
The one with the gun and the icy stare.
The one with the scalp of his ex-wife's hair.
Psy-cho Dad, Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad!
He's a durn good pa, but he hates the law.
He's to eat it raw, Psycho Dad! "
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 05:03:02 pm »
The violent cop in the TV show "SledgeHammer" is often shown as preferring to eat sushi(even in a morgue!). He also makes claims in the 2nd(?) episode of the 1st series that eating processed rubbish like doughnuts will clog your arteries and muddle your thinking and turn you into a Liberal.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:26:54 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 04:28:00 am »
In the famous comic 2000AD, there is a series done on a well-known character, Slaine, a Celtic warrior who goes in for berserker fury when in battle, and who is shown eating raw flesh.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2009, 06:01:30 am »
In the WWE/WWF, the wrestling team "Wild Samoans" would eat raw fish during interviews and promos.

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 09:37:01 am »
In star trek deep space 9, the klingons are shown to eat and even prefer raw food that's live and wriggling (such as "gakh") etc. I think the implication is that raw meat-eating encourages aggression and bravery in a species.

In the tv series, "Supernatural", there's an episode in the 4th season, "metamorphosis", where a human becomes a type of monster(a "Rougarou") after eating raw human flesh.

DS9 is truly the best sci fi series I've ever seen.

In any case, I can't believe no one's posted Dances with Wolves yet, the scene with Wind in his hair and John Dunbar eating the bison they've just killed raw.

Offline livingthelife

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 09:45:44 pm »
One of the first, I've posted it before, is from "Nanook of the North" (1922)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ27qGmD6Dg&feature=related

The narrative is overly dramatic if not inaccurate. The program was made for American audiences.

There is another scene of hunting and eating a seal as well.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2009, 12:18:17 pm »
'Malcolm in the Middle' Dewie gets told off by his Dad for eating raw meat while waiting for a BBQ, he totally ignores his Dad and continues eating.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:30:59 pm by TylerDurden »
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 01:18:48 am »
Words from a documentary...

"[The Huns] seemed barbarian [to the Romans] even to the barbarians, even to the Germanic barbarians. They didn't even cook their meat, at least the Germans did." --from The Scourge of God, a documentary about Attila the Hun, starting at 1:38,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpwrP34jxVQ&feature=related
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 10:49:33 am »
Does anyone else remember the iconic scene from the movie "Red Dawn" where they drink fresh-killed raw deer blood?

Offline extralizard13

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 10:59:53 am »
If I remember correctly, in Lost, John Locke eats a raw squirrel. I don't remember the episode, but it'd be in season 1 (as that's the only season I've watched so far).

Offline aunaturale

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 11:07:24 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05kAymjz88

bear grylls, im right beside you brother
"The more I learn what is a man, the more I want to be an animal."

Offline Dissident

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 03:42:18 pm »
In Oldboy, he asks to get a living thing in a korean restaurant. The girl serves him a living octopus and he eats it.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 05:49:58 pm »
Homer in the 'Simpsons' is always eating raw meats, live animals.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 07:31:23 pm »
In the James Bond book "From Russia With Love" by Ian Fleming, the head of the UK's MI6 HQ in Turkey is a former bodybuilder who eats all his animal protein/fat etc. raw(ie eggs/ meats/fish etc.)(though I think he eats cooked rice as well and some other cooked plant foods). At the time,  many bodybuilders were into the whole raw-meat-eating scene, in real-life.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:59:32 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2010, 11:08:42 am »
Here's a scene from the movie snatch which has a reference to paleo that is quite hilarious. Not raw meat eating, but grabbing a milk carton from a passenger and throwing it out the window (and causing an accident).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjOS4Zfm2I0&feature=related

from 6:32 to 8:00

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 01:37:43 am »
the film with Tommy Lee Jones, where they hijack something

Buddy Boy, near the end

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 11:01:37 pm »
I was thinking about this when I was mentioning a member's post to someone inquisitive about glandulars yesterday:

"Adrenochrome,” he said. “You won’t need much. Just a tiny taste.”
I got the bottle and dipped the head of a paper match into it.
“That’s about right,” he said. “That stuff makes pure mescaline seem like ginger beer. You’ll go completely crazy if u take too much.”
…..
“Jesus! What kind of monster client have you picked up this time? There’s only one source for this stuff….”
He nodded.
“The adrenaline glands from a living human body,” I said. “It’s no good if you get it out of a corpse.”
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2010, 05:12:39 pm »
In the great TV series "Parker Lewis Can't Lose", Larry Kubiak, the school bully, routinely gets fed raw fish(usually raw sardines) whenever the 3 heroes  want him to do something for them.
" Ron Paul.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 11:04:16 pm »
That was funny as hell! I'm soooo gonna watch "Snatch"!
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 12:35:53 am »
first video - grylls eats raw zebra in wild
second video - grylls eats everything raw in wild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRKpnkX99z0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSw7uwx3Mrc&feature=fvw

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2010, 02:41:28 am »
I dont know if it counts. But we have this guy called Carl Mar Møller who is a life coach for whimpy men who need to find their inner manly nature before they go feral in a shopping mall somewhere. He is often on TV and -obviously in this whimpy uterus society of ours- it is mostly as the butt end of a joke. But I think he has a point. One of the things he do to the clients is to strip them down to skin and serve them raw meat. I did not find it on youtube, but there is some of his courses. When i saw this thread I instantly had images in my head of this group of men sitting in the wild, butt naked, feasting on raw meat still on the bone, prime time, national television. That one certainly earned him a reputation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk