Author Topic: Low energy, ED, underweight, candida... A raw newbie  (Read 28885 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Low energy, ED, underweight, candida... A raw newbie
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2015, 06:10:37 am »
One can forget to air it often enough. I always made a rule of airing it once every day for best effect. I have also found that if the high-meat is temporarily frozen or made too dry that the beneficial effect also disappears.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2015, 08:05:29 am »
Air it at least once a day. Honestly, if you forget for a couple of days, it's no big deal. Just air it in the fridge for a couple hours a day for the next 3 days or so and it should be fine.

Let's be clear, it needs to be truly grassfed AND grass-finished to be most helpful.

Offline Auxaarh

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2015, 06:56:48 pm »
The meat is grass fed and finished as well as being organic. And local, minutes drive from my house.

I think the longest I've gone without airing it is about 5 days. Is this a problem?

If there's any risk of anything going wrong I'd rather just start again.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2015, 08:20:54 pm »
The meat is grass fed and finished as well as being organic. And local, minutes drive from my house.

I think the longest I've gone without airing it is about 5 days. Is this a problem?

If there's any risk of anything going wrong I'd rather just start again.

5 days is about the longest I would go. It's probably safe, but with any high meat/fish you should eat tiny pieces first to see how you react.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2015, 01:40:53 am »
I have forget my high meat for 3-4 weeks after it was being done for many months airing it regularly (every 4-7 days), and nothing bad happened. It smells really good to me. Like cooked meat with cheese and some others tones of flavors

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2015, 07:48:38 am »
I have forget my high meat for 3-4 weeks after it was being done for many months airing it regularly (every 4-7 days), and nothing bad happened. It smells really good to me. Like cooked meat with cheese and some others tones of flavors

Perhaps this wasn't really air tight? Otherwise (from personal experience) I would expect the smell to be quite revolting and for good reason.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2015, 08:12:41 am »
Perhaps this wasn't really air tight? Otherwise (from personal experience) I would expect the smell to be quite revolting and for good reason.
Either not airtight, or not very moist. Although I've had even very old high fish/meat to sometimes be fairly mild. Ferments are not totally predictable.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2015, 07:05:55 am »

You are rigth the jars are not definitely air tight. That saved my high meat from turning bad or toxic?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2015, 07:30:52 am »
You are rigth the jars are not definitely air tight. That saved my high meat from turning bad or toxic?

Yes, although toxic is relative. An Inuit living in northern Alaska in the winter is going to have a MUCH higher tolerance for the histamines, etc. in high meat/fish than someone who lives their whole life in a tropical area without high meat. Genetics and enviroment both play a role.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk