Author Topic: Thyroid  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Sippzta

• Forager
    • View Profile
Thyroid
« on: October 29, 2015, 01:22:41 am »
Hello all,

I am a 29 year old male and have some questions with regards to hypothyroidism. Over the past 3-4 years I've been experiencing symptoms of what I believe to be symptoms of it.

-intermittent fatigue
-some periodontal issues
-dry/sandpaper textured scalp
-dry, coarse hair (texture and volume are different)
-easy hair shedding/some thinning
-slightly sparse outer eyebrows
-wake up semi frequently a per night making it hard to get 6-8hrs
-tinnitus

I've recently been incorporating raw animal fats(for two weeks) into my diet. Am still having a hard time digesting them though. How long would it take to improve it? I also eat raw beef/bison organs (previously frozen unfortunately). I am also eating some raw clams and oysters with some seaweed every week too. I've cut out all grains, have fruits occasionally, and eat some cooked potatoes/sweet potatoes.

I haven't made any high meat yet due to my current living situation, but will try to make some soon.

My question is how long do you guys think it would take to see some sort of improvement in my symptoms according to your guys's experience? Do you think the symptoms I've listed could be due to my thyroid? Or maybe shitty gut bacteria? Or both? Should I go out and look for deer or rabbit poop to recolonize my gut?

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far and for any responses!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Thyroid
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 02:14:43 am »
How is your weight? What digestion problems are you having with the fats? High meat is the best way to recolonize the gut for meat-eating, but if fat is the thing you can't digest, you might want to try a liver cleanse.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 02:17:42 am »
Eating raw poop is a really bad idea. I know AV recommended it, but, imo, it should not be tried by anybody who isn't near death. If you cannot try high-meat, I would suggest, if you can, to age the raw meats a couple of days. Though, if you are living with other people, just wait until you are able to make high-meat. Basically, the gut will destroy virtually all bacteria, so eating fresh, raw meats will only help a bit. Eating high-meat is essential in order to repopulate the gut after years of eating mostly  cooked foods.

I trust you are eating 100% grassfed meats? I prefer raw wild game, myself. Can you get hold of raw wildcaught seafood? Farmed seafood is no good. Even farmed raw oysters, while a lot less worse than other kinds of farmed seafood, is not ideal.

Raw organ-meats are much easier  to digest and anyway contain higher nutrient levels than raw muscle-meats. RVAFers generally report swifter health-recoveries after eating plenty of raw organ-meats.

Serious health-problems generally take 2-3 years of an RPD diet  to resolve, assuming you are not making any mistakes such as eating a raw food you are allergic to or whatever. I myself  had very severe hormonal problems(chronic fatigue, acute anxiety, wrecked teeth, inflamed skin, damaged gut  etc.etc.) prior to going rawpalaeo and it took me c.2-3 years to sort things out. After cutting out raw dairy from my diet(c. 6 months into a RVAF diet), it took c. 4 further months, though, to get rid of 80% of my past health-problems. The remaining took a couple more years to resolve.
Your situation sounds a lot less worse than mine was pre-RPD diet, so I assume it will take much less time to fully resolve.Perhaps a year?

Newbies are usually advised to avoid ALL cooked foods as much as humanly possible until they have sorted out their major health problems. Eating cooked foods really interferes with the body's healing processes as cooked foods contain heat-created toxins which the body has to devote resources to in order to expel them from the body.

Some farms in the US, such as northstar bison,  supply raw thyroid to those who ask(NS Bison, though requires a doctors' prescription!). Other farms might supply raw adrenals. I never had much success in that regard but was able to get hold of raw wild game and most of the other raw organ-meats, instead.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:28:37 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sippzta

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 03:40:06 am »
@chermoya: I hover between 150-160lb and am 6'2. I think that is a little underweight. I used to weigh around 165 when I was in my late teens. Regarding the fats, they aren't getting completely absorbed (my stools are pale, though no undigested chunks, sorry for the tmi!) and also have a little discomfort in my gut (or gallbladder?) sometimes after eating them. I actually ate a decent amount of bison suet the other day and still have some minor discomfort from that. I thought eating saturated fats flushes the liver indirectly since it increases bile production? Did you go through a period of adjustment to digesting fats? I know I am absorbing some of it however, since it satiates my hunger! Thanks for the reply!

@Tyler: Yes, I am eating 100% grass fed meats. I currently live in Dallas, Texas and try to source the meats from the surrounding farms. I can sometimes get raw wild seafood, but it is quite a bit more expensive than the organ meats so I cannot eat it as much at this point. Well its good to hear you were able to resolve the amount of health problems you had! How soon did you notice any type of improvement?

What should I do for carbs if cooking is not recommended? Would setting raw tubers in the sun or mixing it with clay help rid of the glycoalkaloids and other toxins?

How do you get ahold of wild game? Do you hunt them or have other channels to obtain them? I've ordered from NS Bison, they have pretty good animal products, but that is unfortunate to hear about the thyroid. I've actually have some raw adrenal from them, but frozen unfortunately. What seafoods would you recommend aside from clams and oysters? I can get wild red snapper sometimes for a decent price, but thats it.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 04:12:06 am »
I actually ate a decent amount of bison suet the other day and still have some minor discomfort from that. I thought eating saturated fats flushes the liver indirectly since it increases bile production? Did you go through a period of adjustment to digesting fats? I know I am absorbing some of it however, since it satiates my hunger! Thanks for the reply!
Everyone is different. I, for example, still have loose yellow stools every time after eating any raw suet, and  I feel a sudden urge to go to the toilet soon after eating it. I seem to never be able to properly digest it.
@Tyler: Yes, I am eating 100% grass fed meats. I currently live in Dallas, Texas and try to source the meats from the surrounding farms. I can sometimes get raw wild seafood, but it is quite a bit more expensive than the organ meats so I cannot eat it as much at this point. Well its good to hear you were able to resolve the amount of health problems you had! How soon did you notice any type of improvement?
After cutting out the raw dairy from my RVAF diet, it took another 4 months before most of my symptoms left me. I suppose I just barely noticed a very tiny improvement every single one of those days in that 4 month period.
What should I do for carbs if cooking is not recommended? Would setting raw tubers in the sun or mixing it with clay help rid of the glycoalkaloids and other toxins?
Forget raw tubers, they are not nutritious. I usually  choose raw fruits fro my carbs, organic if possible, but I consider organic plant food to be far  less important than the issue of the quality of the raw meats.I occasionally eat a raw salad or raw carrots or raw radishes for my raw veg but generally do not approve of raw veg as being all that useful.

Incidentally, do buy some edible, sundried french green clay and have a tablespoonful of it every day. It is very useful in getting rid of toxins from the body. First time I used the stuff a couple of years into the RPD diet, I had a mild flu-like detox for a few days, which was a good sign.
How do you get ahold of wild game? Do you hunt them or have other channels to obtain them? I've ordered from NS Bison, they have pretty good animal products, but that is unfortunate to hear about the thyroid. I've actually have some raw adrenal from them, but frozen unfortunately. What seafoods would you recommend aside from clams and oysters? I can get wild red snapper sometimes for a decent price, but thats it.
In the US, you have to hunt wild game or know a hunter. Here in Austria, some species, such as deer or wild boar, are so abundant that it is relatively easy to get hold of it. I buy usually from  a wholesalers sometimes from a supermarket, and sometimes I have used an online source. I am considering buying half of a deer carcass from a local hunter, but the trouble is that in Europe we do not have the massive freezers that americans do for storage.

Everyone develops their own tastes and preferences. It is also a good idea to add variety every so often. My own preference is for raw crabs, raw mussels, raw oysters, raw mackerel and raw scallops.However, raw wildcaught seafood is so expensive in Austria that I would rather buy raw wild game instead at under  a third of the price of raw wildcaught seafood, here.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk