Author Topic: Antibiotics fed to Livestock - Dangers, How to Avoid, Info  (Read 9922 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Antibiotics fed to Livestock - Dangers, How to Avoid, Info
« on: November 05, 2015, 11:39:34 am »
Now I am wondering if I was harmed by beef I get from the wet market.  If my children were harmed.  That when we had the fungal problem at home and had to flee, was our condition exacerbated by eating meat that had been raised on antibiotics.  I would imagine especially when raw.

I remember the height of my recent problem.  I ate some raw beef fresh at the market and I had a reaction.  Makes me think about re-verifying my sources.

I switched to raw wild ocean fish and no problems.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/antibiotics-in-meat/

and

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/meat/safe/overview.html

and

https://www.google.com/search?q=antibiotics+in+beef&oq=antibiotics+in+beef&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j69i61j69i59.3543j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

and here is a Philippine grass fed / organic grown beef producer's article

http://www.downtoearth.ph/the-philippine-cattle-industry-imported-local-grain-fed-grass-fed/
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:55:19 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Antibiotics fed to Livestock - Dangers, How to Avoid, Info
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 12:02:21 pm »
Yeah, I would stick with verified sources. That's the problem with developing countries--you have the technology to really fuck up the environment and food supply, but either lack the regulations or the enforcement of those regulations to make it possible to at least maybe avoid contamination.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 01:36:31 pm »
This shows cooking will not eliminate the active antibiotics in the meat.
And the conclusion says that the farmers are responsible in finding out the withdrawal period of antibiotic given such that when the meat goes to market, the antibiotic residue is gone.

Wow!

Effect of cooking and cold storage on biologically active antibiotic residues in meat.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2134130/

Abstract

An investigation was undertaken to see if cooking or cold storage would destroy or decrease the level of biologically active antibiotic in tissues from animals given therapeutic doses of antibiotic on three occasions prior to slaughter. The effects of cooking and cold storage on the biological activity of the residues of ampicillin, chloramphenicol, oxytetracycline, streptomycin and sulphadimidine were varied; in some instances the effects were minimal, in others nil.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:59:04 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 02:09:15 pm »
The problem of ingesting antibiotics on a regular basis is the elimination of our bacterial flora, giving rise to fungus, yeast and candida.

Most of the literature I read are concerned about some bullshit of antibiotic resistant bacteria.  That is bull, people, bull.  Bacteria can be easily killed by zappers or frequency generators / rife machines / beam ray.

The real issue is fungus, candida, yeast overgrowth... and this is the underlying cause of some cancers, leaky gut, etc.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 02:44:44 pm »
Well, I'm glad I stick to raw wild game.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 05:54:54 pm »
Seems I will be switching my family to carabaos and the trusted no antibiotics beef supplier above, the wild boar, the pythons... organic pork, organic sheep, organic goat and wild sea food of course.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 10:06:46 pm »
I think part of the problem with those antibiotic-fed animals also comes from the poor quality of feed they are being fed.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Childhood antibiotics and weight gain: New study
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 10:52:19 am »
So we now know that antibiotics are in the COMMERCIALLY FARMED MEAT most of the time.  And cooking and freezing does not eliminate antibiotics in the meat.

So this may explain why humans many decades ago were much SLIMMER than these days.

-------

Childhood antibiotics and weight gain: New study finds a lasting link
Treatments that fight off harmful bacteria could also affect bacteria that's vital to gastrointestinal health

Hub staff report /  October 26

http://hub.jhu.edu/2015/10/26/antibiotics-weight-gain-children

--------

Frequent Antibiotics May Make Children Fatter
By TARA PARKER-POPE  OCTOBER 21, 2015 2:32 PM

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/10/21/frequent-antibiotics-may-make-children-fatter/?_r=0

--------

Study Links Antibiotics With Weight Gain in Children
Research adds to growing evidence suggesting medicines cause weight increases

http://www.wsj.com/articles/study-links-antibiotics-with-weight-gain-in-children-1445451135
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:27:02 am by fwadmin »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 03:12:28 pm »
Well, high-meat is obviously necessary for most RVAFers on a regular basis.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 02:47:36 am »
TD, or anyone, how does one source out raw wild game??

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 05:23:53 am »
TD, or anyone, how does one source out raw wild game??
It all depends on which country one is in. In Austria, hunting is extensive as regards a few key species, such as wild boar or deer or moufflon or pheasant  or wild hare in particular, so one can find hunters on the Internet who can supply a carcass whenever one wants one in exchange for cash(though much cheaper per kilo than one would find in a supermarket or farmers' market). Raw grassfed meat in Austria is rare to find and so much more expensive it would be stupid to buy it. In the US, one, apparently,  either has to be either  a hunter  or know a hunter personally. The law forbids any actual sale of wild game, but if the hunter gives you the carcass for free because he only wants the head, skin or  antlers as a trophy, than that is fine, legally. Of course, the easier ability to obtain guns makes it much easier to hunt personally in the US than in Austria.

Those finding it difficult to obtain raw wild game, should ideally look for raw wildcaught seafood as that is far easier to locate.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 09:55:07 am »
Ioanna, it's hunting season, and that's the only time I ever get wild game. Some years I'm not successful, but my approach is comfortable for me: I ask the women at work whose husbands/boyfriends hunt or fish. I'm looking for my ideal hunter: someone who likes to shoot for the sport but doesn't want most of what he bags; I'll pay for the tags. My son was such a person, but he moved down to the big city and hasn't had the time to hunt.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 10:19:32 am »
Ioanna, it's going to take some work to find someone where you are. The only people who hunt anywhere near that area are old redneck boys. Maybe you could go shooting at a local shooting range and see if you can ask around for people who give away extra deer meat. I have a friend from my last job that gives me all the hearts, livers, etc. from the deer he kills. I have no interest in the muscle meat, anyway.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 01:39:03 am »
Thanks for these suggestions. I'm investigating!

BTW CK, I took your other advice and contacted the local WAPF person for possibility of a roommate, but didn't receive any reply. Ah well, thought it was a great idea though! Now I'm thinking to find the place where I want to live, and then I'll look for a roommate that suits my lifestyle, instead of the other way around. I can't be the only gypsy here :)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 02:06:44 am »
Thanks for these suggestions. I'm investigating!

BTW CK, I took your other advice and contacted the local WAPF person for possibility of a roommate, but didn't receive any reply. Ah well, thought it was a great idea though! Now I'm thinking to find the place where I want to live, and then I'll look for a roommate that suits my lifestyle, instead of the other way around. I can't be the only gypsy here :)

Most Pricers are married women with kids, anyway, or couples with kids, from what I've seen, although I was hoping that, since Sally Fallon is based out of the NoVA area, the organization might be big enough there to have a few single roommate-seekers. Try emailing them again, or contacting some of the members on Facebook. There's probably a DC-local WAPF Facebook group you could join and then post a message on

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk