Author Topic: Eating food in order of digestibility? Does it make sense?  (Read 4200 times)

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Eating food in order of digestibility? Does it make sense?
« on: November 14, 2015, 05:48:05 am »
Ive read all about food combining and sequntial eating. (chinese, broscience, bullshit or fact based truth?)

I find that worrying about order of eating actually makes me more stressed out! but anyway.. answer if you can understand my terrible typing and way of wording questions  O0

Now, I totally understand that certain food DO combine well with othes.  Eating some salad before my steak always felt right to me.   But is there any reasoning to eating foods in a certain order.  A paleo man or woman wouldnt give a flying f word about what and when he ate or in what order would he/she?

Lets say at a single meal you have:  Steak, Sweet Potato, and Asparagus (just for example)
In food combining or more so "sequential/order of eating"  you would want to first eat the asparagus, then the potato, then the steak.  A la the "order of digestibility"  according to the length of time it takes certain foods to digest.  (animal protein being the "hardest to break down)
So my question being.  Does this make any sense?   Personally when I eat I am going to take random bites out of whatever food I want at whatever time I  want to vary the taste and texture.  A bite of sweet potato here, a bite of asparagus there , some steak, etc...  Does anybody eat in order? or eat one food item competely before moving on to the next?  Is this all broscience and pseudoscience?
Explain

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
Re: Eating food in order of digestibility? Does it make sense?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:17:44 am »
Aren't you supposed to eat proteins before carbs or something? Anyways people in the early paleo times would've probably eaten carby vegetables and fruits outside of meat meals, but could've done like these chimps and eaten meat with some leafy greens available on the spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhsM9OzeEo

(starting 2:50min)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 06:37:29 am »
I just make sure that whatever I eat at a meal combines well with whatever came right before it. Everyone's body is different, so you have to adjust based on what works for you. For instance, I can't eat bananas right before or after mangoes. I will fart the next day if I do.  However, if I eat a food that is compatible with both of them in between, there is no problem.

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 06:42:31 am »
but as long as they agree with you.. there is no reason to eat foods in a certain order right?

I like to vary the bites of my food or eat a salad with loads of different ingredients.
Like with nutrient absorbtion?   I digest things fine in combos and varying bites just wondering.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:50:06 am by AnopsStudier »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 07:26:12 am »
but as long as they agree with you.. there is no reason to eat foods in a certain order right?

I like to vary the bites of my food or eat a salad with loads of different ingredients.
Like with nutrient absorbtion?   I digest things fine in combos and varying bites just wondering.

As long as you're not overdoing a specific food, mixing foods is not THAT big of a deal. I generally don't, but some people are naturally more in touch with their instinct than others.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 07:49:32 am »
Mono-eating is very palaeo. Palaeo peoples would not have had the luxury of food-choice, so  would have eaten a deer carcass or eaten a bunch of raw oranges or whatever, without storing them for later.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 08:00:25 am »
im just a big fan of a dinner at least with a nce veggie, starch and slab of meat... Didn't know if I was doing myself any harm by eating them in random order or anything.. I mono eat for breakfast everyday of course?  either fruit, or eggs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeAJWdPtUxE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk