Author Topic: do healthy folks get die-off symptoms from taking oregano/basil/etc. ?  (Read 3490 times)

Offline modernpaleoperson

• Forager
    • View Profile
Do you healthy folks get die-off reactions after taking for example 4-5g of dried oregano or basil mixed with olive oil for example?
The reason this interests me is that I wonder if oregano could possibly "annihilate" probiotic microorganisms (as I'm assuming that physically healthy individuals also have several times more beneficial microorganisms over the less beneficial ones)...
Another reason this interests me, is that in case no such negative response would occur, it would seem possible to assume that this could be an indicator on some level that an individual is rather ok in regards to immune status.

Oh, and by "healthy" folks I mean genetically superior individuals who maintain top tier health even by dieting solely on potato chips, soda, omega-6 oils and CAFO-meat as well as individuals who achieved a state of physical well-being by following a raw paleo/paleo/WestonAPrice kind of diet.

I'll be really appreciative for some feedback on this...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: do healthy folks get die-off symptoms from taking oregano/basil/etc. ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 06:53:04 am »
I do not get any bad effects  from the above. Neither I suspect would my brother even though he eats a mostly crappy cooked diet. He is a marvel - he can shovel vast amounts of cooked foods into his body at every meal and yet always stays ultra-slim. He must have an unusual metabolism.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 12:45:09 am »
I do not get any bad effects  from the above. Neither I suspect would my brother even though he eats a mostly crappy cooked diet. He is a marvel - he can shovel vast amounts of cooked foods into his body at every meal and yet always stays ultra-slim. He must have an unusual metabolism.
Not as unusual as you may think. I had a massive bing-eating episode that lasted 4 years and was at it worst last year, and I actually lost weight. My parents were convinced I was making myself puke after diner, because I ate so much and still stayed slim -skinny, even-, but I did not. I rarely ate before 12pm though, but I largely made up for it later in the day.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 04:32:16 am »
I know nothing about the detox reactions you're talking about.

Offline Auxaarh

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 07:02:46 pm »
My thought is that depending on the toxins, the volume of them, the speed of removal, the efficiency of their elimination organs etc etc. would have an impact on the intensity of any detox reaction. Different herbs / foods have different effects on the body and different toxins.

I remember once juice several lemons and within about 30 mins after drinking needing to lie down with a bad head. Too much for my body to handle at the time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk