Author Topic: THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS FARE  (Read 9353 times)

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS FARE
« on: December 01, 2015, 06:09:00 am »
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR RP FOR THANKSGIVING (NOW SADLY PASSED) AND CHRISTMAS TO COME?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS FARE
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 06:13:01 am »
I bring sushi/sashimi to potluck events. You could try making a big salad that other people could eat. A trick I still use is to eat a lot of raw food right before a social event, so I end up eating very little cooked food because I'm not hungry.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 06:44:45 am »
I splurge on a quality piece of extra fatty brisket. :D
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 09:41:28 am »
I splurge on a quality piece of extra fatty brisket. :D

It's hard for me to get excited about beef anymore. Bison is SOOO much more flavorful. It's like cardboard versus...meat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 09:52:45 am »
It's hard for me to get excited about beef anymore. Bison is SOOO much more flavorful. It's like cardboard versus...meat.
Me, too. I LOVE raw moufflon or raw wild boar, but raw 100% grassfed beef means nothing to me....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 10:52:44 am »
Me, too. I LOVE raw moufflon or raw wild boar, but raw 100% grassfed beef means nothing to me....

As good as raw pork fat is, I can't even imagine how good wild boar fat must taste.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 07:27:46 am »
I don't know. The farm we frequent has very healthy animals who are treated right. It comes though in the flavor especially the fat cap. I personally prefer deer but it's been hard to find animals who haven't been foraging on foods which give me issues.
I also have varying degrees of issues with other animals so don't push it too far.
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 07:44:28 am »
Have you even had raw bison?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 09:56:31 am »
Have you even had raw bison?
Yes. A couple times years ago. I can't confirm it was grass fed/finished though which would make a huge difference for me. Being in New York my access to bison is limited and I'm not going to ship it across the country.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 12:18:07 am »
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR RP FOR THANKSGIVING (NOW SADLY PASSED) AND CHRISTMAS TO COME?

Fruits, raw starch, sashimi, raw dairy... all very social.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 01:17:32 am »

I believe that in many grass fed beef operations, even those where the animals have access to pasture, fail to produce good tasting animals, because of the limited variety of grasses and forage made available to the animals. Cows raised on pastures that have not been overgrazed and seeded with a limited variety of hybridized grass seed can taste every bit as good if not better than wild game. Some of the blue grass pastures in my part of the world that haven't been adulterated, produce excellent tasting beef....

Sadly many of those pastured animals are supplemented with cheep hay bails, then taken to lots before slaughter and fed cheep fescue, which gives them a horrible taste. Compared with some of the older animals I have gotten to slaughter that lived their whole lives on unadulterated pasture.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 03:13:18 am »
I believe that in many grass fed beef operations, even those where the animals have access to pasture, fail to produce good tasting animals, because of the limited variety of grasses and forage made available to the animals. Cows raised on pastures that have not been overgrazed and seeded with a limited variety of hybridized grass seed can taste every bit as good if not better than wild game. Some of the blue grass pastures in my part of the world that haven't been adulterated, produce excellent tasting beef....

Sadly many of those pastured animals are supplemented with cheep hay bails, then taken to lots before slaughter and fed cheep fescue, which gives them a horrible taste. Compared with some of the older animals I have gotten to slaughter that lived their whole lives on unadulterated pasture.

Hmm. I hope nobody realizes how good the average raw paleo dieter would taste, then.

I'd be really tough. I'm all muscle and bone, and hard muscle at that. I bet my organs would be great, though.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 04:50:19 am »
I suppose you previously ate mostly cooked food during some years (and you say you still do it once in a way...), so I wouldn't eat you if I were a raw paleo cannibal!  ;D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 10:15:47 am »
Hmm. I hope nobody realizes how good the average raw paleo dieter would taste, then.

I'd be really tough. I'm all muscle and bone, and hard muscle at that. I bet my organs would be great, though.
Me too. I would bet your organs would be great.  Wait, wtf are we talking about?  I don' t speak cyborg...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:41:24 am by Brad462 »
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk