Author Topic: RPDers urged not to drink from tapwater  (Read 19457 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
RPDers urged not to drink from tapwater
« on: December 01, 2015, 09:57:20 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3339996/Top-scientist-warns-health-timebomb-caused-prescription-drugs-washed-drains.html

We often go on about what foods to eat on this diet, but what we drink is often not mentioned. This is a mistake. For example, tapwater in London quickly tasted so disgusting once I went rawpalaeo that I was forced to drink water from high-alkaline/high-PH-value mineral water from then on or end up losing my appetite for raw animal foods as well. London tapwater is notorious for having passed through an average of 8 human bladders prior to reaching you. Here in Vienna, we get PH 7.8 tapwater which comes from Alpine streams so tastes fine, and I drink it all the time as Austrian mineral-water in bottles is  too neutral in taste and PH value.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: RPDers urged not to drink from tapwater
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 10:13:54 pm »
No chlorine in Vienna's tap water? It would be an amazing exception!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 10:54:30 pm »
No chlorine in Vienna's tap water? It would be an amazing exception!
Thank you for giving me a wake-up call! Looking online:-

"Das Wiener Wasser aus der den Hochquellwasserleitungen zählt international zu den besten. Allerdings wird auch hier Chlor beigemengt, um eine Keimbildung zu vermeiden."
  You were absolutely right, they do use chlorine to avoid a build-up of germs. Bloody fools!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:06:58 pm »
This all pisses me off. I cannot stand the ph-neutral mineral water bottles over here, I cannot avoid the air-pollution in the cities/seaside etc.  which contain 2 of the types of heat-created toxins also found in cooked foods. Unless I get a permanent job in Antarctica, I stand zero chance of avoiding contamination of some sort.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:50:10 pm »
Chlorine is not that bad. We eat this diet so we don't have to worry about little things like that.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 12:27:04 am »
Chlorine is not that bad. We eat this diet so we don't have to worry about little things like that.

LOL, it's a powerful disinfectant, a strong poison!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 12:41:03 am »

Yeah, but why endure such things when you can avoid them? Also, eating clean alone doesn't automatically make you uber-healthy. Or else we could just stop sleeping, work in a nuclear central without a protection suit, and take after-work shots of roundup for the lols. Our ancestors breathed the fresh air of the forest, exercised everyday, slept regular hours and enjoyed plenty of vit.D boosting sun rays... I doubt they would feel as fresh if they ended up living the same lifestyle as ours (Or at least us city-rats)...and potentially live as long. I guess their threat were not pollution and lack of exercise, but rather night jaguars and wolfs.

BTW, the average dose of chlorine used in public swimming pools is harmful enough to make people develop asthma. I used to enjoy swimming, even if I was already asthmatic, but the chlorine made me wheeze so much that I had to quit swimming lessons. Now I don't have asthma anymore, but I certainly don't feel fresh when I stay in a chlorinated pool for too long, which happens maybe once a year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-182679/Chlorine-link-asthma-surge.html

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 01:59:56 am »
BTW, the average dose of chlorine used in public swimming pools is harmful enough to make people develop asthma. I used to enjoy swimming, even if I was already asthmatic, but the chlorine made me wheeze so much that I had to quit swimming lessons. Now I don't have asthma anymore, but I certainly don't feel fresh when I stay in a chlorinated pool for too long, which happens maybe once a year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-182679/Chlorine-link-asthma-surge.html
JK has made a very good point re chlorine in swimming-pools. As a child and later on as an adult, I used to swim in chlorinated swimming-pools, and I would always after each swimming-session end up with very red, wholly-bloodshot eyes as a result, feeling absolutely awful. My current swimming-pool at my local gym uses ozone-treatment(03) with only a microscopic amount of the chlorine found in most other swimming-pools, and it has not affected me adversely.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 03:41:53 am »
LOL, it's a powerful disinfectant, a strong poison!

Your body contains a lot of chlorine. It's sodium CHLORIDE. That's SALT.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 03:54:46 am »
A chemical compound does not have the same properties as the chemical element (atoms) its molecule contains!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 04:02:18 am »
A chemical compound does not have the same properties as the chemical element (atoms) its molecule contains!
Very true! One of the most important points made by my favourite science teachers!
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 04:37:43 am »

So what do you think you get if you add chlorine to salty water?

More acidic water. Chlorine is the most common way for nature to make an aqueous solution more acidic. There's no real difference between the hydrochloric acid in your stomach and the chlorine added to the water supply. The stuff in your stomach is at a much higher concentration.

But double down on the stupidity. You're acting just like those people afraid of EMFs. LOL

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 04:38:33 am »
Very true! One of the most important points made by my favourite science teachers!

Seriously? You're going to act as Iguana's peanut gallery? 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 04:47:18 am »
Seriously? You're going to act as Iguana's peanut gallery? 
Iguana was merely making a rather obvious point, one I had already learnt during my own science-education at school! More to the point, I had spent many decades, prior to going rawpalaeo, foolishly  believing in all sorts of outrageous  lies peddled by the scientific establishment. So, it really does not matter to me if you personally have a Nobel Prize or a PHD in the 3 Sciences or whatever. I will have to rely on my own personal experiences and cherry-pick among experiences of other RPDers. I trust people like raw-al with their negative experiences re EMF, for example,  despite myself  not having had such  unpleasant incidences.

Plus, Iguana is our most distinguished RPDer here, having pursued RPD/Instincto for far more years/decades than any others here! He has my utmost respect, therefore.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 05:29:23 am »
Chlorine isn't so bad, cooked bone meal is good, coffee benefits health, lightly cooking meats is about the same as eating them raw, are you sure this is still the right forum for you, cherimoya_kid?
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 05:44:15 am »
Chlorine isn't so bad, cooked bone meal is good, coffee benefits health, lightly cooking meats is about the same as eating them raw, are you sure this is still the right forum for you, cherimoya_kid?

I still eat about 98% raw, and my mind is open on the coffee issue. You seem to think this is a religion, though. It's not. If you want to be part of a cult that eats raw meat, I don't know what to tell you. I don't know of any. LOL

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 07:03:10 am »
Doing something seriously, at 100%, has nothing to do with a religion!

You may do it as a scientific experiment, for example: such experiments must be done with meticulous precautions to avoid any factor able to cause distortions in the results. 

If you are driving an 18 wheeler, piloting a racing car, an airliner, or in charge of a nuclear power plant, you can’t afford to take 2% of risks. You aren’t in a religion or doing a cult because of your 100% dedication!

Another point is that the troubles caused by cooked food are not in linear proportion of the percentage of it. Eating 5% of cooked food may well cause 50% of the health problem you would have with a standard diet.

A third point: cooked food is addictive, like a drug. Once out of an addiction, like smoking for example, smoking again a cigarette may well lead you to smoke a second one… and why not a third one and so on? The experience showed us that almost all the ones who allowed themselves some “exceptional” cooked meals once in way, gradually (it may take a decade or two) reverted completely to a standard diet, in the end. It happened to several people I know well, such as my sister, a former girlfriend and some friends.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 07:18:36 am »
Hm, by no means all...
 I have been sometimes tempted by Christmas Dinners consisting of cooked foods followed inevitably by a cooked-food-detox afterwards, I still sometimes drink alcholic beverages etc., but I would never dare give up on rawpalaeo foods as a mainstay of my diet, ever, as I all too well recall the very nasty, intense crippling pain I used to suffer on a cooked-diet. All that said, I am still only 14+ years on  an RPD diet,  but still.... I guess, I am just saying that some of us may not be perfect, but don't  give up hope on us, as a large majority of us only went in for RPD diets in the first place  in order to escape appalling health-problems incurred on cooked diets!
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 08:13:47 am »
London Tap water was terrible, someone needs to warn those people, though it may already be too late to save them....

Chlorine is a terrible poison and drinking it in tap water is not suggested....its damage may be minimal comparatively speaking, but is accumulative and should be avoided if and whenever possible. Fluoride and chlorine, combine with all the other crap that many countries refuse to remove from the water supply is why I will not drink tap water. I'm a fucking tin foil helmet warrior in the fight for clean water, and chlorine and fluoride are chemicals which insidiously damage and weaken entire populations...whether or not it is deliberate dumbing down and culling the population or its just a perpetuation of ignorant water management practices is up for debate.. regardless there is a war going on be it against idiocy or a calculated brave new world order culling of the population thorough chemical attack.

After years of not drinking tap water I am so sensitive to the taste and smell of chlorine that just a sniff can tell me if its been treated or not.
At home I have a Water Generator, which we then run through a Niikken filter and also buy five gallon spring water to supplement when the humidity is low.

Systems of clean water which do not use chlorine are available, many countries such as Germany use very minimal chlorine, or use chlorine Dioxide(MMS) which is far safer. The Netherlands do not use chlorine fluoride or any disinfecting chemicals. I drank tap water copiously when in Amsterdam and can vouch for its clean non chemical taste...our host openly bragged about how they had a great water system and laughed about how many tourist wasted their money buying bottled water there.

http://www.sswm.info/sites/default/files/reference_attachments/SMEETS%202009%20The%20Dutch%20Secret%20How%20to%20provide%20safe%20drinking%20water%20without%20chlorine%20in%20the%20Netherlands.pdf
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:21:15 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 08:20:55 am »
I just don't see how having your water at a slightly lower pH is going to make that much of a difference. Maybe if you are deficient in the minerals that buffer pH, AND you drink a LOT of over-chlorinated water, there might be some cumulative effects over several years. Probably most of those effects can be easily fixed by a good raw paleo diet, though....or even just some extra minerals, especially calcium/magnesium.

I just don't see all the worry over these small issues as necessary. We'll never have credibility with the mainstream if we seem crazy and belief-oriented.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 08:27:00 am »
The Dutch are very adamant about keeping fluoride and chlorine out of their water, and they do not seem crazy

Its not a small issue, especially when you consider that most small children in many places only have chlorinated and fluoridated water to drink... accumulative damage for those contaminated during development means lower IQ and weaker overall health and vitality for life!
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 09:07:30 am »
I just don't see how having your water at a slightly lower pH is going to make that much of a difference.

How much does arsenic acid lower the pH when compared to chlorine?
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 09:19:21 am »
How much does arsenic acid lower the pH when compared to chlorine?

Is that a trick question? I'd have to Google it to get the exact numbers.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 09:20:37 am »
And if you have some theory about acidity having some kind of direct relationship to toxicity, don't bother. It's not nearly that simple.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 10:07:47 am »
My point is that it doesn't all boil down to pH. Chlorine kills bacteria, yeast, algae and other living tissue because it is a chemical toxin, not simply because of it's acidity. You can get a certain level of pH by dissolving arsenic acid into water, or do the same with lemon juice. They're not equally toxic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk