Author Topic: Disputing veganism  (Read 2352 times)

Offline BushTucka

• Forager
    • View Profile
Disputing veganism
« on: December 18, 2015, 11:18:55 am »
I became obese and unhealthy on a vegan diet.
I have been doing lots of research into raw paleo (still with lots of plant foods) as the optimal human diet...

BUT have so many vegan friends and lots of 'vegan science' shoved down my throat, and the constant bold statements (language is very powerful, these statements are like affirmations my subconsciousness is making true) about animal protein and fat...

I would like to start a forum to debunk all the vegan nonsense surrounding animal foods.
And maybe even fire back at the alternatives (high fructose, high starch, high lectin, antinutrients, low fat) etc.

I feel what we subconsciously believe affects how our food works more than anything else... and i want to be able to be comfortable knowing what is true and what isn't, but some of these claims (most likely fear mongering, but I would still want to know for sure) are effecting me, creating anxiety about what I eat, despite going against the bulk of my research...

So i'll get the ball rolling, copy some vegan 'science' about animal protein and fat, and hopefully we can start a debunking thread :)

"After eating a fatty meal, your blood gets fattier for hours before your liver can clean it up, and subcutaneous fat produces estrogen"

"Animal fat produces inflammatory cytokines which inhibit insulin receptors"

"These two factors inhibit proper glucose absorption in the cells, causing type 2 diabetes - switching to a plant based diet can reverse type 2 diabetes"

"Eating meat fuels gut bacteria which produce TMAO which is an endotoxin which causes leaky gut"

"Meat rots in your gut and stays in your colon"

"Meat and starch create mucus which is the cause of all diseases"

"Meat causes inflammation"

"Meat heats your blood which promotes inflammation"

I'll post more as I hear them, which I undoubtedly will thanks to all my asshole vegan friends :p

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Disputing veganism
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 11:28:52 am »
If their dicks or brains worked, they'd be interesting to argue with. LOL

But seriously, brain and reproductive health are what fail badly on a vegan diet. Other things CAN fail, but those are pretty much guaranteed to fail. Humans have been omnivores since before we had language or tools.

I'm not super-inclined to go point-by-point because veganism is never about science, at its heart. It's about ethics, emotion, morality, religion, etc. and those are beyond the purview of this forum.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 11:40:14 am »
I know that all too well... I used to be a fervent admirer of the animal-rightists movement until many of the fervent admirerers  of this movement pointed out that I was supposedly a total fraud since I ate some raw animal foods in my diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 01:10:26 pm »
You are unusual in that regard, although I see where you're coming from. I think you miss the point that domesticated meat can be just as good as wild if it's fed the right diet, though. I understand why you don't realize that, though. Derek's Vice article mentioned just how bad a lot of the "grassfed" meat is in Europe. If that's all you can get where you live, of course you assume that there's no way to do it better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk