Author Topic: Air pollution getting worse in China  (Read 7799 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Air pollution getting worse in China
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 06:17:23 am »
Oh well. The perils of sudden, poorly-planned industrialization.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 06:24:49 am »
Oh well. The perils of sudden, poorly-planned industrialization.
This isn't just a Chinese problem. London had a coal-smog problem for centuries until c.1955. I fear that air-pollution such as found in Mexico City or Beijing will just get worse and worse.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 07:04:52 am »
This isn't just a Chinese problem. London had a coal-smog problem for centuries until c.1955. I fear that air-pollution such as found in Mexico City or Beijing will just get worse and worse.

I fear that you don't realize that alternative power and electric cars are gaining in market share rapidly.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 07:31:24 am »
I am enjoying the climate change at the moment.  64 degrees here on xmas eve night is surreal weather for Kentucky.  Off-topic somewhat but who cares.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 07:39:30 am »
I fear that you don't realize that alternative power and electric cars are gaining in market share rapidly.
Yes I know, in 20-30 years. But that is what they have been saying since the 1960s about this and artificial intelligence, fusion power, solar power etc. etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 08:51:34 am »

When I was buying a new car in 2005 hybrids already were out.  Back then I thought in 10 years most cars would be either hybrid or electric.  Today hybrids are only 3% of all new car sales and plug in electric is less than 1%.  The gain you are speaking off is not rapid at all.  It is simply tiny.  Few months ago we again bought a new car.  And it was a regular gas car.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 09:06:30 am »
What alternative power?  Alternative power cars are in their infant stage.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 10:00:14 am »
What alternative power?  Alternative power cars are in their infant stage.

Battery and capacitor technology are about to see another leap, with graphene and other tech.

But I don't care who listens. It will happen with or without any one person's consent or knowledge.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 10:17:25 am »
Anything is possible.  I just get the feeling we're standing on the edge of somekind of spiritual revolution that will render material concerns obselete.  But I don't have a scientific study to back that up.  My health problems remind me all I have is now.  Tommorow is not guaranteed for any of us.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 10:44:33 am by Brad462 »

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 07:48:20 pm »
Anything is possible.  I just get the feeling we're standing on the edge of somekind of spiritual revolution that will render material concerns obselete.  But I don't have a scientific study to back that up.  My health problems remind me all I have is now.  Tommorow is not guaranteed for any of us.
I agree with all of this.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 09:26:43 pm »
It is so crazy that people have to stay indoors under fake lights.........it is really sad

I think we need the suns light more than we can imagine to keep up our health these days
And it has to be outside the city to be real effective... grounded on the earth, watching the sky and let the light into our eyes.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 09:44:27 pm »
It is so crazy that people have to stay indoors under fake lights.........it is really sad

I think we need the suns light more than we can imagine to keep up our health these days
And it has to be outside the city to be real effective... grounded on the earth, watching the sky and let the light into our eyes.
I know, it seems that my myopia was mostly due to staying indoors too much between 0-9 years of age.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 10:04:24 pm »
Yeah... you say it....
Sunlight repair our eyes and fake light destroys them.

Fake lights are way worse than most of us want to realize. And they are everywhere...
I believe fake lights are even worse  than fake foods.
The science supports it too. And when I think about it it feels very logical to me. When you start to be more aware of it, you can ignore it anymore.. no way

There are many who change their diets to very good ones... but still... they have health issues...
if everything were about food, they should have gotten well.. but they did not.
We have seen this too many times on this forum too.
Something big is left out.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 01:52:03 am »
I agree with the usefulness of grounding in Nature and getting sunlight, but I think gut microbes play a big role as well, and maybe even just microbes in general.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 01:01:18 am »
Well... I very much agree microbes play a big role.
And the crazy thing is, sunlight and also nnEMF and fake light affect microbes too - in our gut!

it is like things are tied together and it is a mistake to separate one from another. It is pretty cool and it never gets boring for sure :) :) :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 01:22:35 pm »
When I was buying a new car in 2005 hybrids already were out.  Back then I thought in 10 years most cars would be either hybrid or electric.  Today hybrids are only 3% of all new car sales and plug in electric is less than 1%.  The gain you are speaking off is not rapid at all.  It is simply tiny.  Few months ago we again bought a new car.  And it was a regular gas car.
Interesting point.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk