Author Topic: First BBQ on record shows our ancestors ignored propane & propane accessories  (Read 5457 times)

Offline Ungullible

• Trapper
    • View Profile
"De tous les animaux, l'homme est celui qui se sert le moins de son instinct ; et pourtant c'est celui qui est le plus malade" (  un doyen de la Faculté de Médecine de Paris, un demi-siècle avant la naissance de Sarkozy )

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Cool. Progress has a price.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
http://www.fromthegrapevine.com/nature/preserved-cavemen-teeth-show-evidence-worlds-first-indoor-bbq
Thank you, interesting.

Well, finally Tyler, GCB, Instincto und the „raw paleo diet“ diet in general have to accept that we are NOT adapted to an unprocessed raw diet any longer (and so Wrangham is partially right  :o).

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Thank you, interesting.

Well, finally Tyler, GCB, Instincto und the „raw paleo diet“ diet in general have to accept that we are NOT adapted to an unprocessed raw diet any longer (and so Wrangham is partially right  :o).
Absolute rubbish!

For one thing, length of time is not relevant to how well adapted we are to any food. For example, pandas(and their giant panda ancestors before them) have been eating mostly bamboo for 5 million years and yet still have guts designed for meat-consumption. Secondly, hunter-gatherer tribes did not solely cook their foods, they often ate their animal foods raw, fresh or aged, which would have mitigated the negative effects of cooked-food-consumption a bit.

Scientific evidence showing the harm done by cooking on human health is now vast. There are tens of thousands of studies done on the harm caused by advanced glycation end products in cooked foods, for example, with other studies focusing on the harm done by nitrites, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heterocyclic amines, toxic substances also found in cooked foods.

Wrangham's notions have been discounted as he claimed that hominids switched to eating cooked foods c. 1.8-1.9 million years ago and he linked it to growing brains, quite wrongly, while most other palaeoanthropologists linked growing hominid brains to the increase in the consumption of raw meats. Indeed, Wrangham is just a chimp researcher and not a genuine palaeoanthropologist. For example, in one particularly stupid interview, he claimed that it would be impossible for a human to survive on a 100% raw diet consisting of raw meats without having to chew for  at least 5.7 to 6.2 hours on average a day. He based this absurdity on watching chimps eating leaves.

I noticed an obvious flaw in the above "research":- just sitting around a fire for decades  would allow charcoal to contaminate human teeth, no cooked-food-consumption required for that. Plus, evidence for mass cooking only occurs c.250,000 to 300,000 years ago. The invention of fire for warmth seems only to have occurred 400,000 years ago or so.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:46:54 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Hanna was joking, I think!  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Hanna was joking, I think!  ;)
Hmm, I am obviously a bit too hyper-sensitive. It is just that I see such pro-cooked dogma all the time online, and it irritates me when they use such bankrupt arguments to support their claims.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk