Author Topic: What foods hurt you the most before you started a raw diet?  (Read 5823 times)

Offline HybridShift

• Forager
    • View Profile
What foods hurt you the most before you started a raw diet?
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:17:50 am »
Hey all, I'm extremely interested to know what foods you were most intolerant to back before you started a raw diet. Foods that you know caused symptoms, whether they were obvious or more hidden. I'm hoping for a list of about 5-10 of your most intolerant foods.

This would really help me in my research and any comments would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:27:54 am by HybridShift »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What foods hurt you the most before you started a raw diet?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 11:39:03 am »
Grains, especially refined grains, and dairy, and refined sweeteners to a lesser extent.

djr_81

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 11:50:58 am »
During my first two blood allergy tests I tested positive to:
Wheat, Barley, Oats, Rye, Corn, Rice, Soy, Shrimp, Crab, Peanuts, Milk.

The last test included everything they could do. I tested positive on practically all of it. Basically all nuts, all fruits tested, most vegetables tested (good with Bell Pepper), many meats. I don't have the results in front of me. I just avoid it all. :)

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 11:54:46 am »
there was number of foods that felt heavy in my stomach and took forever to digest.  but the worst was anything covered with breadcrumbs and fried in oil.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 07:47:27 pm »
Pre-RPD and pre-raw-vegan/fruitarian phases, I would double over in  excruciating agony, enduring extremely painful stomach-aches, starting   c.5 minutes after eating any cooked/pasteurised animal food whatsoever. Cooked plant food did not have the same effect on me.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:50:47 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline HybridShift

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 02:41:29 am »
Pre-RPD and pre-raw-vegan/fruitarian phases, I would double over in  excruciating agony, enduring extremely painful stomach-aches, starting   c.5 minutes after eating any cooked/pasteurised animal food whatsoever. Cooked plant food did not have the same effect on me.

Really? I rarely hear of anyone having that reaction to cooked meats, though dairy is obviously a popular intolerance. I'm sure you've mentioned it before, but what made you go for raw meat instead of sticking to vegetarian or raw vegan? (I'm only asking since you could tolerate cooked plant foods. Genuinely curious.)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 04:49:23 am »
Really? I rarely hear of anyone having that reaction to cooked meats, though dairy is obviously a popular intolerance. I'm sure you've mentioned it before, but what made you go for raw meat instead of sticking to vegetarian or raw vegan? (I'm only asking since you could tolerate cooked plant foods. Genuinely curious.)
Well, by the time I switched to raw vegan/fruitarian, I had finally worked out that eating cooked animal food led directly  to these horrible stomach-aches. By that stage, however, I had developed many  other godawful health-problems as well, which raw vegan/fruitarian diets were clearly not solving.Plus,  after c.3 years of going raw vegan and then fruitarian(and c.2 years before that doing the( 80% raw plant food/20% cooked animal food) Hay Diet), I had finally developed massive, uncontrollable, unsated hunger-pangs where I kept on eating kilos upon kilos of bananas and oranges etc. every day until I finally grasped that the reason for this must be due to my body lacking nutrients not found on a 100% plant food diet.

I was utterly desperate at the time, but had dimly recognised that , given the stomach-aches issue, that my health-problems were mostly due to eating the wrong diet. However, the only other well-known diets I hadn't tried by then were the macrobiotic diet and the breatharian diet. The former involved grains which I did not approve of, having read the scientific literature and seemed too artificial, and the breatharian diet was a joke. So, the only other possible diet I could think of was one involving raw animal food. So, I then spent many hours a week googling constantly until, eventually, I found some references(on the 39th page of my google search for raw meat diets!) to Aajonus and his primal diet, along with vinny pinto's page, along with 1 or 2 vague references to Instincto. Basically, at the time, I was so near death that the supposed prospect of dying from food-poisoning or parasites , as spouted falsely by the media at all times, was in some ways more preferable.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk