Author Topic: Squid Oil vs Fish / other Oils  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Squid Oil vs Fish / other Oils
« on: January 16, 2016, 05:18:59 pm »
Anyone has tried a good supplement of squid oil?

Apparently it has 4 : 1 DHA to EPA ratio

Is there any natural source with 4 to 1 DHA to EPA ratio?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Squid Oil vs Fish / other Oils
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 09:30:59 pm »
Just try raw wildcaught seafood instead.  All these gimmicks/supplements are a waste of time, usually being highly processed and far less useful than the real thing, raw (animal) food. For example, there was the recent furore over Green Pastures Cod Liver Oil.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 10:29:01 pm »
problem is most sea foods have more EPA than DHA let alone the therapeutic quantities in recommended ratios of 4 to 1 for DHA.

What do you think?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 11:14:55 pm »
problem is most sea foods have more EPA than DHA let alone the therapeutic quantities in recommended ratios of 4 to 1 for DHA.

What do you think?
Look, all these scientific claims re specific substances are highly dodgy and often contradict each other. For one thing, Nature tries to get us to eat natural whole raw foods that are a combination of different substances in varying ratios to each other. Often one type of substance is only useful if  other specific substances are also consumed in one's diet.

By all means, experiment. But bear in mind that palaeo peoples did not go in for supplements or "superfoods". Instead, they had a vast variety of wild(undomesticated/uncultivated)  foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk