Author Topic: Barefoot herbalist said that Humans are Fruitarian  (Read 12538 times)

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Barefoot herbalist said that Humans are Fruitarian
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:21:04 pm »

While i did self experiment of eating only fruits and vegetable for only 3 days and felt weak, i was convinced humans are omnivores, however, a well known herbalist states the following:

1) Human's teeth are fruitarian teeth only
2) Our stomachs and intestines are designed as fruitarians

Info on diet and health are sometimes contradictory. Well, i guess every human is different. But one of his points seem to be correct. Our teeth are straight, not sharp and pointed. Any comments?

Offline Tim

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Barefoot herbalist said that Humans are Fruitarian
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:10:02 pm »
ive read and listened to a lot of fruitarians.... my thoughts are where is all the fruit coming from???? if you were to go out into nature, not that much fruit would be available. the only way to get enough fruit is relying on tons of imported fruit if youre not in a tropical area. doesnt seem very natural to me. you have to get your calories from somewhere. i think all cultures have included some animal products in their diet throughout history.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 12:01:26 am »
vernon read this:http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Meat+in+the+human+diet:+an+anthropological+perspective.-a0169311689

we are apex predators and have the science to prove it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 12:10:12 am »
Given our carnivorous front teeth, it's absurd to suggest that we're fruitarians.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:02:43 am »
Meh, bonobos are fruitarians and have closer dentition to us than any other animal.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 04:27:46 am »
Some say bonobos do eat meat, just that they have not been seen to be cannibalistic.

They mention that bonobos eat meat, but make the point that "they have never been seen eating monkeys" (p.216). They describe three cases where males were seen with monkeys:

In these three cases, the bonobos tried to get the monkeys to play. The observers thought the bonobos were treating their monkeys like dolls or pets, not prey. (p.217)

One of the monkeys was "gently flailed" by its tail before being released. The other two died during the "play". This demonstrates either poor parenting skills or killing of animals when the need for food was absent.

If violence is lower among the bonobos, Wrangham and Peterson suggest that this might also be because:

Bonobos have evolved in a forest that is kindlier in its food supply, and that allows them to be kindly too. (p.224)

This might also explain the low level of observed intercommunity violence described on pages 214-216.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 08:23:06 am »
I studied under barefoot herbalist mh and his cleansing, detox, fasting techniques, and herbs are indeed very good.  I tried fruitarian for 2 months with Philippine fruits but I was not successful at being fruitarian.  My body felt cold and I was getting too thin... not enough nutrition.  Whatever fruitarian humans barefoot was talking about, it seems I'm not one of those humans and not with the fruits we have in my area.

So I added raw fish and raw eggs to my diet and I instantly felt better (Wai Diet), got bored with raw fish and added raw land animals, I felt even better with the added variety.  Raw paleo diet is comfortable. 

I experiment every now and then with other diets, but I come back to raw paleo diet as my comfort zone.

Today I'm convinced that humans are omnivores with raw fruits, raw animal foods, some raw vegetables as the basic comfortable, satisfying foods.

But feel free to experiment with other needs.  Sick and terminal sick nutrition needs something else.  For example, fat and starch combos can be used to accelerate healing and for fattening.  Juicing vegetables and juicing fruits are used to accelerate healing.  Large amounts of egg yolks are used for healing.  Raw milk plus raw liver is another super nutritious drink.

We need to distinguish between terminal nutrition / sickly nutritional requirements and everyday requirements and athletic requirements.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:36:19 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 08:45:29 pm »
Important points.  Thank you.  Someone who understands in a non-snide or other backhanded way.  How refreshing.  I grew up with people who acted judgementally instead even if they knew nothing on the subject matter.  I guess we all did.   

I experiment every now and then with other diets, but I come back to raw paleo diet as my comfort zone.

Today I'm convinced that humans are omnivores with raw fruits, raw animal foods, some raw vegetables as the basic comfortable, satisfying foods.

But feel free to experiment with other needs.  Sick and terminal sick nutrition needs something else.  For example, fat and starch combos can be used to accelerate healing and for fattening.  Juicing vegetables and juicing fruits are used to accelerate healing.  Large amounts of egg yolks are used for healing.  Raw milk plus raw liver is another super nutritious drink.

We need to distinguish between terminal nutrition / sickly nutritional requirements and everyday requirements and athletic requirements.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 02:55:07 am »
successful at being fruitarian.  My body felt cold and I was getting too thin... not enough nutrition.  Whatever fruitarian humans barefoot was talking about, it seems I'm not one of those humans and not with the fruits we have in my area.

http://www.youtube.com/v/w-PcGP0BLqM

Anne is.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 04:18:45 am »
That guy looked way better than the fruitarian girl. He looked in very good shape, good muscles and skin. Of course they had to bring on a lying "health expert" at the end to make everyone feel better about themselves.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 07:27:23 am »
His kids looked healthy too.

That was an Australian guy Scott Wheeler who is big into the Primal Diet. I noticed there was much fat on the beef and the presenter mentioned it was expensive although we know this is not true and the cuts he was eating were the cheap cuts anyway.

Usually on these current affair shows they completely distort and exaggerate but they were quite fair.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 07:43:31 am »
Another photo of the guy racing raw vegans at the raw games

http://flexrx.nourished.com.au/2008/12/16/13/

and a video with Aajonus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drDmOuM477w

Looks like the raw meat eaters were out numbered at the raw games!

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 07:52:34 am »
http://www.youtube.com/v/w-PcGP0BLqM

Someone invite that guy Scott over here.
Nice muscular physique.
Hmmm.... worms. 
Someone teach us how he does that.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 11:49:14 pm »
What a difference!  I thought the guy looked perfect, the fruitarian horrible, and the nutritionist at the end looked the worst of the three :lol:

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 12:16:40 am »
What a difference!  I thought the guy looked perfect, the fruitarian horrible, and the nutritionist at the end looked the worst of the three :lol:

When I did fruitarian Nov - Dec 2007 I felt cold and looked skinny like that fruitarian woman...  malnutrition.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 06:49:38 am »
Man, did that fruitarian woman look like death?!  She's a great advertisement for NOT going fruitarian!

I thought the Primal Diet guy looked ok but didn't think his children looked at all healthy!  I wonder how long they've been eating the Primal Diet?  If it's similar to the 4 years I think it was mentioned he'd been eating that way then I'd be concerned.  They looked as malnourished as the majority of young children I see all around me - poorly developed facial structures, pale complexion, dry hair, deep set dark eyes etc. 

This has been very interesting to see bearing in mind my own son is due to be born in the next couple of weeks!  However, despite my partner being non-paleo, he will certainly be raised eating plenty of raw meats, seafood and animal fats but also probably bone broths, some raw dairy, cod liver oil, and small amounts of seasonal fruit/veg.  I'll be reporting his progress here for anyone interested.

1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 07:03:14 am »
This has been very interesting to see bearing in mind my own son is due to be born in the next couple of weeks!  However, despite my partner being non-paleo, he will certainly be raised eating plenty of raw meats, seafood and animal fats but also probably bone broths, some raw dairy, cod liver oil, and small amounts of seasonal fruit/veg.  I'll be reporting his progress here for anyone interested.

I'm interested.  Please post your son's progress :)

I got kids of my own, it's very hard for me to get rid of their rice habit paired with cooked meat.
What's good is when I give them raw fatty beef or raw sea food, they see that raw animal food does not go well with rice.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 07:31:23 am »

I'm very interested.

Offline akaikumo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 02:30:44 pm »
Wow.. she looked terrible. He looked really good and his kids looked good too. Worms are a bit too much for me, though. Don't think I'll be eating any of those anytime soon. :P

I loved the health expert at the end. No science at all, eh?
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 02:32:31 am »
Cool.  Glad to hear you guys are interested.  I will definitely post his progress and dietary details from time to time.  Good to hear your own children enjoy raw meats & seafood goodsamaritan! 

As I mentioned, my partner is not into the raw or paleo lifestyle but I have managed to 'convert' her to at least eating a reasonable diet.  Throughout the all important pre-natal period, I have ensured she's at least eaten regular raw liver, raw butter/milk/cream, daily raw cod liver oil and whole eggs, homemade beef jerky, regular homemade bone broths and fish broths, raw/untreated local bee pollen & honey,  etc.  Along with fresh fruit/veg, the best available sources of wholemeal breads and total abstinence of sugar & junk foods I guess it's been largely along the lines of a Weston Price diet but with as much emphasis on raw animal foods as possible (for a 'non-believer'!) :)

It's been a compromise but probably better than 99% of modern pre-natal nutrition.  Certainly, she has had a totally problem-free 8 1/2 month pregnancy so far and the baby is seemingly growing a healthy size.  I will keep you posted of developments!

1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk