Author Topic: Have I caught something from eating raw meat?  (Read 13001 times)

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Have I caught something from eating raw meat?
« on: January 30, 2016, 03:44:33 pm »
I gave the raw primal diet a good try, but it didn't work for me. I found the raw dairy beneficial, and maybe the raw lambs liver, but not the raw meat. My primal diet experience culminated in me buying and eating some of the organs and fat of raw, organic, farmed deer. I butchered it myself and cleaned it as best I could. It was gross and didn't make me fell good at all, but I was never sick.  However, about 2.5 weeks later I started feeling really weak, and Ive had that feeling for about 6 months. I actually feel like Im getting weaker.
Maybe its not related to what I ate, but I think it could be. Could I have caught something and if so, what, and how can I treat it?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Have I caught something from eating raw meat?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 07:55:25 pm »
Farmed deer are probably eating a lot of grain. It's possible, though not especially likely, that you got a trichinosis parasite from it.

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 07:59:12 pm »
Farmed deer are probably eating a lot of grain. It's possible, though not especially likely, that you got a trichinosis parasite from it.

Damm. Maybe not, but Im pretty sure I caught something. Any tips?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 08:21:50 pm »
What have you been mostly eating since then? Do you take any herbs or supplements?

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 08:43:26 pm »
What have you been mostly eating since then? Do you take any herbs or supplements?

Just back to a normal diet. I take supps occasionally now, but only started again 6 months after the fact.

I just watched this video and it sounds exactly like what I have accept I think his incubation period was a a few weeks and it lasted 9 days, and mine was a few weeks and I still feel it. ALthough perhaps he got better because he took the de-worming pills. I also had tests down around that time and the doc mentioned I had something that appeared to be muscle weakness/degeneration.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5ZKJ0Vozc

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 09:12:50 am »
I just checked my stool and I had a little white worm in it! It was alive and wriggling! What the hell is that?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 11:06:53 am »
Just back to a normal diet. I take supps occasionally now, but only started again 6 months after the fact.

I just watched this video and it sounds exactly like what I have accept I think his incubation period was a a few weeks and it lasted 9 days, and mine was a few weeks and I still feel it. ALthough perhaps he got better because he took the de-worming pills. I also had tests down around that time and the doc mentioned I had something that appeared to be muscle weakness/degeneration.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5ZKJ0Vozc

Unless you had those muscle pains, you probably didn't have trichinosis.

Offline marcuspaleo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 11:51:51 am »
Unless you had those muscle pains, you probably didn't have trichinosis.

Thats good. Im really weak though. At maybe 20% strength. I definitely have worms though. What would that be?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 01:35:51 pm »
If you think you have parasite problems, you can always take www.humaworm.com 

I deworm my kids every 2 years.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Have I caught something from eating raw meat? Deer Is Infected by Malaria?
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 12:14:15 am »
One in Four U.S. Deer Is Infected With Malaria

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/one-in-four-deer-infected-malaria-180958046/#zvi0l0Wz0xGssjO1.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Your IP is Australian though.

Check your meat sources.

Over the years I have come across reliable clean suppliers and I usually stick with them.

I have eaten bad stuff in the past that would immediately make me sick or vomit... such as red tide infested oysters, and a sick chicken liver from a live chicken I bought.... of course I do not know that chicken's history... so I tend to stick to those suppliers that are known to be good.

For wild stuff, I trust in sea food.  But I still choose myself at the wet market.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 12:06:51 pm »
fear mongering with mosquitoes (TM).

Offline ivanrk

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 10:07:33 am »
Thats good. Im really weak though. At maybe 20% strength. I definitely have worms though. What would that be?

There are many possibilities but the question is how to fix it. If it is some parasite living in digestive system you can take minerals - zinc, iodine, copper, sulphur from MSM. For example zinc and MSM repair the damage to the intestines so that parasites can not attach - they dont kill them directly. Iodine can kill them. Also vitamin A is important for bowels health. I think Aajonus was really great man but he gave a lot of bad advice. For example he said that parasites are not a problem - this is brutally wrong - yes they are not a problem if you have absolutely healthy body with no deficiencies - but 99.99% of the people have mineral deficiencies so Hulda CLark was correct here - parasites are a big problem and the best way to fight them i think is to provide the body minerals and the body can clean itself.
AAjonus had a theory that heating foods changes minerals charge but i dont think this is true. The best way to get minerals is from sea food and when you are in excellent health you can eat raw meat and other raw animal foods.
Several years ago when i found this forum i was expecting to see super  healthy people here but i saw exactly the opposite - very few positive results - i think this  is because all diseases are caused by some deficiency - minerals, amino acids fats etc - so if you are iodine deficient and you eat raw beef - this will not help much. Cooked or raw beef does not have a lot of iodine if at all.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 10:37:44 am »
There are many possibilities but the question is how to fix it. If it is some parasite living in digestive system you can take minerals - zinc, iodine, copper, sulphur from MSM. For example zinc and MSM repair the damage to the intestines so that parasites can not attach - they dont kill them directly. Iodine can kill them. Also vitamin A is important for bowels health. I think Aajonus was really great man but he gave a lot of bad advice. For example he said that parasites are not a problem - this is brutally wrong - yes they are not a problem if you have absolutely healthy body with no deficiencies - but 99.99% of the people have mineral deficiencies so Hulda CLark was correct here - parasites are a big problem and the best way to fight them i think is to provide the body minerals and the body can clean itself.
AAjonus had a theory that heating foods changes minerals charge but i dont think this is true. The best way to get minerals is from sea food and when you are in excellent health you can eat raw meat and other raw animal foods.
Several years ago when i found this forum i was expecting to see super  healthy people here but i saw exactly the opposite - very few positive results - i think this  is because all diseases are caused by some deficiency - minerals, amino acids fats etc - so if you are iodine deficient and you eat raw beef - this will not help much. Cooked or raw beef does not have a lot of iodine if at all.

I don't think parasites are a big issue in the wealthier countries, but I absolutely agree that most people are pretty mineral-deficient, even here. Seafoods are under-emphasized by the RAF gurus, for whatever reasons.  Shellfish are key for getting enough minerals, though.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 12:00:51 am »
I also think that eating insects would help with minerals. Shellfish are arthropods, like insects.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 04:32:04 am »
I also think that eating insects would help with minerals. Shellfish are arthropods, like insects.

The question is, how mineral-rich is the insect's diet?

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 06:51:10 am »
The question is, how mineral-rich is the insect's diet?
Well usually insects found in the wild have been eating plenty of nutritious plants, so I'd say pretty mineral-rich. Their exoskeleton must be full of minerals, like our bones and cartilage.
Our ancestors probably ate plenty of insects, like our chimp cousins, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the missing piece to optimal health. But since it's getting harder to find wild edible insects, let alone unpolluted ones, seems to me sea food is a pretty good alternative.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 07:00:54 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 07:06:58 am »
I would expect shellfish from the ocean to be far more polluted than terrestrial insects.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 08:46:46 am »
Well usually insects found in the wild have been eating plenty of nutritious plants, so I'd say pretty mineral-rich. Their exoskeleton must be full of minerals, like our bones and cartilage.
Our ancestors probably ate plenty of insects, like our chimp cousins, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the missing piece to optimal health. But since it's getting harder to find wild edible insects, let alone unpolluted ones, seems to me sea food is a pretty good alternative.

It all still depends on the soil quality. Poor soil creates a cascade of compromised health all the way up the food chain.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 08:47:24 am »
I would expect shellfish from the ocean to be far more polluted than terrestrial insects.

But does the higher mineral content counterbalance that?

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 04:06:28 am »

It all still depends on the soil quality. Poor soil creates a cascade of compromised health all the way up the food chain.
Still, their exoskeleton is mineral rich. If their food was poorer, they'd probably be smaller too. It's not certain that seafood is much more mineral rich than insects.

A bit of info on edible insects nutritional content:

http://www.ediblebugfarm.com/blog/edible-insects-nutritional-content/

"By dry weight, 100 grams of both mealworms and crickets provide well over our daily requirements of Vitamins B2, B5, B7 and B9, with relatively high levels of Vitamins B1 and B3 (Finke, 2002) [...] As far as minerals are concerned, edible insects are considered to be particularly rich in iron and zinc, comparable to and in some cases much more so than beef"
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 04:47:07 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 06:42:09 am »
With mammals (and all animals), the mineral content of tissue varies from one tissue to the next. With large mammals like cattle, it's uncommon to eat a selection of all tissues in one sitting, especially if one must buy their food from a store where some tissues can't be sold. The common way to eat these animals, then, is to eat single tissues, like muscle. The problem with this is that if we eat a single tissue over and over again, we will end up with imbalances of minerals and other nutrients.

Another benefit of eating insects is that when we eat them, we eat the whole organism. This prevents imbalances of minerals and other nutrients, assuming they weren't suffering from malnutrition or were somehow diseased.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk