Author Topic: Difficulty eating raw steak  (Read 6245 times)

Offline Owen405

• Forager
    • View Profile
Difficulty eating raw steak
« on: March 28, 2016, 05:29:16 am »
Seems like most of the steak I get is composed of nothing but inedible cartilage tissue >: what specific cuts of steaks do you buy raw that you find are easy to chew and swallow?

Thanks.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Difficulty eating raw steak
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 06:29:30 am »
I normally just buy the cheapest cuts as it does not matter to me. That would be minced steak, then stewing steak and the shoulder minus the bone(when buying raw wild game). But perhaps you prefer rump or fillet steak?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:20:53 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 10:30:46 am »
I use Cutco shears and just cut any gristly stuff into small enough pieces to swallow whole. Where do you live? Areas that don't have much local beef production often have poor-quality meat in the local markets.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 11:34:09 am »
I never buy "steak" because those cuts are too expensive. If I want beef with a large area of muscle between the other connective tissues, I get a roast from the rump region, such as London broil, eye of round, etc. These are usually the cheapest cuts, too, often costing less per pound than ground beef. Uncooked, these muscles are tender enough to chew easily. They only toughen up when cooked.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 01:27:06 pm »
Seems like most of the steak I get is composed of nothing but inedible cartilage tissue >: what specific cuts of steaks do you buy raw that you find are easy to chew and swallow?

Thanks.

In my country, I get sirloin, and t-bone.

Current price in the wet market is P 320 / kilo

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:21:23 pm »
Your teeth may not be strong enough to handle it. If that's the case try slicing it up really thin and then cut it up with scissors into bite-size chunks. This goes great with avocado, or just eat it as is.

Or alternatively just grind it in a meat grinder or food processor. Make sure to remove the nerves and bones before you put it in a food processor, as that can screw up the blades. You can also add other stuff to mix with it in the food processor. If you can get high quality organs, liver is great. Also you can add eggs, tomatoes, onions, or anything else you want.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Owen405

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 11:11:05 am »
I order my animal cuts through US Wellness meats. By steak, I mean cuts in general. I'm chewing on inedible (yet tasty) lamb sweetbreads atm.  😕

Thank you guys for all of your suggestions! I'll be sure to buy some much more edible cuts of meat next time 😅

Offline common_sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 12:35:11 am »
I also felt the toughness of some cuts is an issue, I mostly now only buy New York Strip, it is relatively tender, if there are tough tissue, fatty part, I basically cut them off, or spit them off after chewing.

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk