Author Topic: Helloes  (Read 8066 times)

Offline brokenbox

• Forager
    • View Profile
Helloes
« on: April 16, 2009, 08:22:32 pm »
Hey, WoW a raw paleo board.. Wells Im Amanda, and Im not new really to raw, or low carb. I have a some what long history in my quest for health as Im sure most of you do, and I've also seen quite a few names here, on other boards. I really got into watching what I eat in my senior year of high school, but than it was all about weight loss as I went from a very heavy 9th grader to a svelte senior. However I did it eating very very low fat, and working out 2 hours sometimes more a day... later I discovered lifting weights, Golds Gym and figure athletes and my perception changed completely, however the crazy dieting and mentality that pursued turned me into a bulimic by the end of Senior year.. I did change over to a somewhat better "bodybuilders" diet (more calories, and more fat) of course female style, but I put on muscle and lost fat and looked much better than the cardio bunny days..
Than two years later I was very much let down by a decision I made, that didn't turn out to be what I thought it to be (aka joining the military) and I was discharged soon after... Looking back Im so glad they couldn't break me, I've always been a rebel and a free thinker, plus I never agreed with the governments decisions and I've seen what just 4 years in the military can do, with my best friends coming back now... However, I think this realization hit me hard, I put on 30 lbs in a year and was depressed and secluded.. bouncing around for that following year, I couldn't decide what to do with my life, I was living between my grandmothers in LA (santa monica) and my best friend in San Fran, never holding a job for more than 3 months, Life was kinda fun, still bulimic tho, depressed for sure, and completely scattered ( I was 20 by now).
A half a year later I tried raw foods, for a month, I was stoked! It almost eliminated my bingeing (at least somewhat) but it was raw vegan, and I was always hungry or just had that nawing feeling, I lost a shit ton of my muscle, I was losing weight but it had to be mostly muscle- not my thing, and my friends declared I was turning yellow... so I quit, seconds later researching as I do, I found Atkins/ Protein Power etc. or better yet VLC...I did this on and off fora while now but my bingeing continued so I kind of stayed the same or went up and down... however Im now 22, and have a lot of shit years ago I couldn't seem to do, a job for almost a year, doing well in school with plans to transfer and my own place plus I manage my grandmothers finances and am able to keep her in a assisted living home... Im still depressed a lot though and I guess its because I feel lonely, and my friends have all moved on and away...but I need to stay positive...

So I researched more stayed on VLC, because its the best thing that worked, and even now I do it, but I haven't cured my bulimia or my addictions - sugar (its why I binge?), drinking sometimes, smoking a bit... it sucks, I knew about the primal diet, I even meet a cool girl off myspace, I don't think she's on here, but her story is amazing and she's way awesome and inspiring... I bought Anajonus's books, in fact I live in the center of raw foodism in a sense, we have 3-4 restaurants (raw vegan) but found out about a special "raw" co-op right here in Venice although its not listed etc because they fear the FDA coming in and shutting them down, so you have to have a membership...
OK! sorry for blahhhing, I'm really here to make friends, get some advice or support, hopefully be able to give some!  and maybe change my life...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Helloes
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 05:04:41 pm »
Interesting story. Welcome to the forum! ;D

New members are usually encouraged to read the following threads in the child boards of the General Discussions forum:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

Also, many people have found it useful to trawl through as many threads in the archive of this group and the rawpaleodiet yahoo group, so as to get more data.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 07:46:48 pm »
Hello,

At first I thought raw paleo was a uniform thing.  Then I learned that there are many variants to raw paleo.  Can range from high carb, low carb, high fat, zero carb, with intermittent fasts, some add salt, some do not, some experiment with raw dairy, etc.

It's all good.  Find what works for you.

Many very experienced folks here with varied insights.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:31:50 pm »
Hey what's up? You look familiar, did you post on the Nature's First Law (Sunfood or whatever now) forum before? The myspacey thing?

Offline brokenbox

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 09:59:11 am »
Hey Thanks Everyone!

RAWKYLE- yeah I was on there!!! David Wolfe's site, I was never much a vegan tho, I don't believe its healthy, however I did go 30 days raw vegan just to see If I could do it or to see if I'd feel differently, personally I need meat.. Do you remember a psycho guy on there from Detroit, what was his name awww yes, Aaron or something, he was so rude he was constantly banned from various forums haha...

Yeah well now I'm experimenting, I tried wai yesterday but cracked down in the evening because Im so not use to the high carbs, and I ate chicken patty's late last night... oh well.. So today I had all this leftover fruit, Im trying to polish it off today, keeping my activity high, so I don't get sugar coma haha, and I just went to whole foods and picked up a bunch of raw ground beef, some ribeye, and raw goat cheese (I said I was gonna avoid dairy but I'm going to incorporate it at first..) So thats my plan, low carb raw- incorporating a certain fruits (actually from a book called the steak lovers diet- low pyruvic acid forming fruits..) and mostly in the early part of the day...

Ok I've read through a bunch of threads, I'll read more because I know when you've been on a forum for awhile and you get newbies with the same old questions...it gets old... I don't want to burden, so yeah... ok I'll post how it goes..is there a journal section?? haha stupid question, only kidding

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 10:56:47 am »
I think I said you look like Kyra Gracie on there.

There were tons of crazies on that forum, just like all forums. I was turned off when everyone hated me for not being vegan anymore. Though in particular I remember an old guy that was always making lewd comments to females on there, thought that guy was a little scary.

Glad you're here, as far as raw diet/health forums this is by far the best I've ever been involved with.

Offline brokenbox

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 11:44:28 am »
Ok yeah I remember you, you asked me about my diet a few times, yes I remember the Kyra comment  :P because I do practice BJJ... yeah too many crazies with their vegan dogma, lame, glad your here too, glad we have a place now!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 05:34:05 pm »
It sure is a small world.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 03:14:38 am »
You still doing bjj? I just chipped a couple of teeth (just a little bit) at a promotion this Saturday.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 06:42:46 am »
You still doing bjj? I just chipped a couple of teeth (just a little bit) at a promotion this Saturday.

What is bjj?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 02:11:15 am »
Hi Amanda.  Great to see you here.  You mean Premy?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 03:54:50 am »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 04:37:36 am »
Brazilian jiu jitsu.

Ah yes, my brother has been raving about that for some time. He believes it is the ultimate martial art.
" Ron Paul.

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:02:54 am »
What is bjj?

brazian jiu jitsu

hoooowha!

(actually thats a bit karate-ish, maybe a kinda........ krap-pah!)  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk